Old 10th July 2007, 18:55   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azher_1981 View Post
hellow all

took cooper sunlight LDi

run at aroung 3000 km
giving me around 17/kmpl in city 100% A.C. and 22 on highways
Nice colour, booked the same How long did your delivery take ?
Old 10th July 2007, 19:58   #617
Senior - BHPian

hey jaggu, bad to know about ur accident. well with shell diesel i m achieving about 14.5 kmpl with same kind of driving which is 1kmpl less than normal IOC diesel. i think i want to refuel at indian oil next time and check properly once more.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:04   #618
Senior - BHPian

Many people told shell diesel give less FE, many of them have told IOC give best FE especially extra premium, extra mailege fuel, I still could not try IOC becuase I didn't find good IOC bunks near vijayanagar.

Try with IOC and see if you get better FE. Next time I am trying with IOC as well.

Regards,

Ravi.

Hi Jaggu,

When I had contacted shell they said shell normal comes with fuel by following fuel specification standards and their premium with same octane with additives, I have found only shell have same octane/cetane numbers for normal and premium and other fuels like IOC, BP, HP come with 87 octane as normal and 91 or 93 octane as premium.

Yes they do have shell premium in petrol.

I feel they have premium shell in diesel too but when i checked with bunk it was not there may be he means no stock

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by adya33 : 11th July 2007 at 12:16.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:52   #619
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, Shell sells only one variety of diesel - that has additives as well, going by the mail you got. I will try IOC on my Kerala trip and see how it performs.
Old 10th July 2007, 21:09   #620
Team-BHP Support

ok kewl now i got volunteers i still have some more, actually many more kms before i clear my tank.

@kuttapan, i thought you were off last weekend, this weekend am also driving to Palghat
Old 10th July 2007, 23:18   #621
BHPian

hey !! everybody... bro had taken the car to bang.. drove it today when he got it back and actually felt the noise in the 1800rpm region has come down... the car has run 750km now.. thought the noise must have come down cause it has run that much... but when i asked my bro he said he has filled SHELL diesel... now i don't if i should attribute the smoothness to shell or to having the engine run.. what do you guys think? is shell a better fuel than others? if so then i think i have to live with BP cause shell is not available here in mysore..
Old 11th July 2007, 10:44   #622
Team-BHP Support

i think its more to do with the running in
Old 11th July 2007, 11:24   #623
BHPian

removing stickers

Hey Jaggu,
Can you please provide some info on how to remove the stickers? 1st service guy have put a sticker on the rear bumper and it is not easy to remove. I hate it and want to remove it badly.

I do nt understand why these guys do this sticker job perfectly and not the essential clearning servicing job
Old 11th July 2007, 11:26   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
do you know if the front and back are same for these? if same i have 2 with me which i removed from rear, yes these are the new model and you can pick it up from me for free, or should i charge you a beer he he, just kiddin.

I will check the flap tonight, if front and rear are same, and drop you a PM
Hey Jaggu, first thanks for coming forward to offer me your extra flaps. i checked the front and back flaps and i feel that they are different. so i dont think that i can use your extra mud flaps...anyway thanks mate.
Old 11th July 2007, 14:54   #625
Team-BHP Support

@ rajesh: kewl no issues, yes they are different also

@blorebuddy: carefully peel off the sticker, and to remove the gum use some kerosene, petrol or diesel dipped in a soft cloth and wipe. wash off residue with some car shampoo
Old 12th July 2007, 11:19   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@blorebuddy: carefully peel off the sticker
This is the problem for me. They put a sticker on the rear bumper and it is not the same sticker material as they used for stickers on the glass.
I am not able to peel off as a whole. it comes bits and pieces. In this effort there are some scractches on my bumper by my nails
Old 12th July 2007, 14:53   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

The sticker on my back window was of a plastic material and peeled off easily, I'm glad to say.

I haven't tried, yet, to remove the sticker on the windscreen. These used to have a purpose in my mother-country: they would write the milage/date your next service was due, which was useful. Why don't they get that idea here, instead of not thinking beyond their advertising.

And... Why, Why? did they put a little, barely visable, sticker on each headlight?
Old 12th July 2007, 14:59   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

And... Why, Why? did they put a little, barely visable, sticker on each headlight?
It is a old watered down practice. There was a law once upon a time to paint the top half of the headlight with Black.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:00   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
This is the problem for me. They put a sticker on the rear bumper and it is not the same sticker material as they used for stickers on the glass.
I am not able to peel off as a whole. it comes bits and pieces. In this effort there are some scractches on my bumper by my nails
nail marks can be removed easily using a mild rubbing compound or even good quality wax, if sticker is plastic no other way but peel it off maually, only thing you can do is use some kerosene over it hoping it will loosen the gum. again this might make it slippery to get a grip. paper means wet it and then peel, bit by bit.

Meanwhile i got update from shell again, had asked them if all shell diesel have additives and if it was ok for crdi turbo of swift D.

Dear Mr. Jayakrishnan,

All Shell Diesels have this additive and we recommend it for your vehicle.

Kind Regards,

Shell India Private Limited

Though i want to try it, my tank is 3/4 full and am doing a trip down to kerala this weekend, so no way i can fill complete tank, then again no shell available down south.

I think i shall try the new brew once am back from the trip hmmmm
Old 13th July 2007, 09:47   #630
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu - What was the actual enquiry to shell.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks