Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 01:24   #601
Senior - BHPian

Well the same sound used to come but now dissapeared, since once the engine runs in, the noise goes away.

You will be suprised to hear the sound at 5000kms
Old 8th July 2007, 13:54   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dont think they can do much about it since the turbo stays on for a bit after you release the accel.
This has nothing to do with the turbo, rather it is the way that ECU has been programmed. It is like this in most EFI cars, where the car does not decelerate suddenly when you take your foot off the gas pedal, as in a carbed car.
Old 9th July 2007, 06:52   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
Me too had the same problem, when I reported to the dealer, they said seems to be a problem with the gearbox mounting, later the come up and said need to dismantle and reset the clutch, the did that too, but issue remains and now the are saying they have ordered for a pair of clutch disk and pressure plate will be here within one week time we will change that too and lets see....
as you said its a small thump when putting into the 1st gear, and some time when you take the car on 1st from a signal you will have jerky shiver as you are on half clutch on my old old Ambi.
Hi Biju
Any updates on this issue? Any other swift owners facing this issue? This problem does exist in mine, but the frequency seems to have come down. I do experience it occassionaly. The clutch is fully engaged and shift the car to first and a thump can be felt (most often only by the driver!). Have done around 2500 kms so far. No other issues with the gear box or engine. Good mileage as well around 17kmpl in bangalore stop and go traffic
Having had a bad experience with my earlier zen (the service guys messed up a perfectly good car that had an irritating rattle in the steering - they crashed it and painted it without informing me!), I didnt want to make a big issue of the "thump" and waiting until 5000kms service.
Mahesh
Old 9th July 2007, 10:52   #604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks View Post

The problem is it makes this knocking sound in the 1700rpm region which one usually gets to hear with tata indica diesels. The noise starts at 1600rpm reaches the peak around 1800 and comes down to the noise less normal engine sound at 1950rpm. With all the windows raised this sound is clearly audible.

I want to know if this is same with all the swift diesels or is it just mine? Should i go and check it with the dealer? i don't think they are very co operative here in mysore (the mondovi). I had test driven the car two months back with glasses open, so don't know if it had the same problem.

Help me guys. please let me know what i should do. And with 15lts of diesel the car ran only 180kms, thats around 12km per liter. Is that OK for a new car?

And also sometimes even after taking foot off the accelerator paddle the car accelerates on its own, can i know why such a thing is happening?

Hope to hear back from you people. Thanks!!!
First issue is diesel pitter patter and you can safely ignore, will come down as the engine run in.

For FE do a tank full to full reading, that will give you the correct figure.

Accelerating when you release the accelerator is again normal, this is due to ecm and the torque converter, you need to slowly get adjusted to this.
Old 9th July 2007, 10:54   #605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Hi Biju
Any updates on this issue? Any other swift owners facing this issue? This problem does exist in mine, but the frequency seems to have come down. I do experience it occassionaly. The clutch is fully engaged and shift the car to first and a thump can be felt (most often only by the driver!). Have done around 2500 kms so far. No other issues with the gear box or engine. Good mileage as well around 17kmpl in bangalore stop and go traffic
Having had a bad experience with my earlier zen (the service guys messed up a perfectly good car that had an irritating rattle in the steering - they crashed it and painted it without informing me!), I didnt want to make a big issue of the "thump" and waiting until 5000kms service.
Mahesh
This is again normal, i assume that this a very slight thud when you engage 1 st gear. Unless its a big jerk ignore it and always ensure that the clutch pedal is completely pressed.
Old 9th July 2007, 23:34   #606
BHPian

Guys did verna test drive just after driving my swift. the all hype about VGT is just useless. Even Verna's turbo kicks in around 2k rpm. Didn't find engine quiter or better performing. Well it was just a short test drive of 5 kms. Brakes were good but didn't provide any feedback. Gear shift was too too smooth and i prefer the conventional reverse gear system rather than lifting gear and slotting it in position normally reserved for 1st gear. Verna plastics may be of good quality but looked cheap chineese type. Swift's dash is attractive that it. Sorry if I had been partial to Swift or may be I went in expecting too much of Verna.
Old 10th July 2007, 08:32   #607
BHPian

Yes they changed the Clutch disk & Pressure plate but the sound still there, only then they tested a new VDI was there for PDI, it was there too. So I concluded it must be common to many and can safely ignore. ( Only Happy / Sad part is my clutch is replaced at 2000km) I’ve done 3500km still its there but I’m not worried any more.
I’ve done 4 'full to full' and got FE fingers like 20.48, 18.9, 18.4, 20.3 km/l, the middle two are done in during the service station days and 1st one before the 1st service (4:6 City:Highway).

The Pitter Patter Noise between 1600-1900 Rpm was annoying (May be I was over expecting from engine) but came down or at lest I’m used to that. They said it’s the sound of typical DI and will be very loud on a normal DI engine but Common Rail and Multi step Injection technologies brought it to this level and as Jeggu said it will come down as your engine run in.
Good Day Friends.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:33   #608
Team-BHP Support

funny part is most cars have this thud issue, usually when cold, you have to really concentrate on listening lol..

which brings to another point of new car ownership (i had mentioned in the run in thread also) look out for anything out of ordinary, but check 5 times before reporting it as anomalies.

@biju: i learned the same from my old zen, used to have a thud issue with reverse gear and dealer (popular) wanted to replace the clutch unit of my brand new car, after this was reported to maruti through my feedback card.

I somehow didnt feel the necessity then and apparently it was a common thing in most of the zens also. After couple of 1000 kms the thud automatically came down. And this was real heavy THUD which jerks the car while engaging reverse.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:10   #609
BHPian

Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
The Pitter Patter Noise between 1600-1900 Rpm was annoying (May be I was over expecting from engine) but came down or at lest I’m used to that. They said it’s the sound of typical DI and will be very loud on a normal DI engine but Common Rail and Multi step Injection technologies brought it to this level and as Jeggu said it will come down as your engine run in.
Good Day Friends.
I thought this noise is coming because I am on a higher gear at lower speed. I always lowered gears and getting out of this sound. Is this correct?
Old 10th July 2007, 11:41   #610
Team-BHP Support

nothing good or bad by doing the above, you are avoiding that particular rev range thats all.
Old 10th July 2007, 18:31   #611
Team-BHP Support

First accident if one can term it

look at street experience for more info on accident.

And to move on from that, something worth discussing here.

Had posted a query at shell India site regarding the Diesel that they sell, Cetane number to be specific. I got following reply:

Dear Mr. ***,

Thank you for your email. The cetane number of Shell fuels sold in Bangalore is as per dictated by the Indian authorities on fuel specifications, and it is 51. We would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to use Shell Diesel for your engine as it contains proprietary Shell additives which provide engine cleaning benefits. If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Shell India Private Limited

IOC site says Cetane index for Bharath Stage II is 48 and for Stage III is 51.

Question that arises is, the regular diesel sold in Bangalore is it Bharath Stage II or III?

Is it only extra premium that is Stage III?

Shell uses additives, will it cause issue with Crdi Turbo engines?

Let me dig lil further for more info and meanwhile try out shell also sometime.

Another question to shell fans, does shell have premium and regular diesel?
Old 10th July 2007, 18:38   #612
Team-BHP Support

Isn't all fuel sold in Metro's supposed to be for BSIII standards? It only makes sense as otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of BSIII norms!
Old 10th July 2007, 18:44   #613
BHPian

Mud flaps damaged - need help

Guys,
I damaged by front (right side) mud flap of my Vdi. the damage cannot be repaired, so I called my dealer to get a piece of the same to fix. he says that they cannot replace one single mud flap as it comes in a box and the only option is to replace all the flaps. and the whole thing comes to around 600 ~Rs.
my mud flaps are not the usual ones, its the new model which is more of horizontal and not the traditional type.

what i wanted to know is, is there any place in blr where i can get mud flaps separately? i dont want to change all the flaps as only one got damaged.
Old 10th July 2007, 18:46   #614
Team-BHP Support

Yup thats what i also believe, just checking thats all. Oh that reminds me is Bangalore a metro yet????

Again will have to think twice before filling up from smaller towns while on trip.
Old 10th July 2007, 18:49   #615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Guys,
I damaged by front (right side) mud flap of my Vdi. the damage cannot be repaired, so I called my dealer to get a piece of the same to fix. he says that they cannot replace one single mud flap as it comes in a box and the only option is to replace all the flaps. and the whole thing comes to around 600 ~Rs.
my mud flaps are not the usual ones, its the new model which is more of horizontal and not the traditional type.

what i wanted to know is, is there any place in blr where i can get mud flaps separately? i dont want to change all the flaps as only one got damaged.
do you know if the front and back are same for these? if same i have 2 with me which i removed from rear, yes these are the new model and you can pick it up from me for free, or should i charge you a beer he he, just kiddin.

I will check the flap tonight, if front and rear are same, and drop you a PM
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks