Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 21:08   #541
Senior - BHPian

@jaggu, so niggling problems started eh? lighting, etc etc

@abhibh, i use normal IOC diesel. (regular) there is a bit of clitter clatter which is noticeable, but i have to live with it. another thing is the humming sound of the engine when the car is going at low speeds, sometimes i cant bear it feel like putting cotton in my ears!
Old 26th June 2007, 21:46   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Which diesel are you people filling in car ?? Regular or Premium ?? And what does company / dealer recommends ??
Dealer - no recommendation (I asked him, he told it is my wish
I have filled so far 5.68lts of BP Regular and 93Lts of Reliance regular diesel.
Old 26th June 2007, 23:58   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Which diesel are you people filling in car ?? Regular or Premium ?? And what does company / dealer recommends ??
Regular for now, will shift to Turbojet soon after a suprise

Quote:
another thing is the humming sound of the engine when the car is going at low speeds, sometimes i cant bear it feel like putting cotton in my ears!
Thats music to my ears
Old 26th June 2007, 23:59   #544
BHPian

Guys did first waxing of the car in evening. It looked new but just thought that as monsoons were expected to hit north soon, so it will be a good idea to get her coat (Hope it repels water).

@Jaggu : I am using the same wax as you ( Formula 1 Carnauba wax ). I want to use wax only for polishing, so that car shines and I don't need any rubbing compound which will remove a layer of paint each time I apply a coat. Does Formula 1 Carnauba has any rubbing compound in it. I am asking this because I noticed that it has the capability to remove marks like other car's bumper paint.

@Geeksirk : Dealer told me my wish. But I am filling Regular Diesel. How do you guys manage to fill from same pump each time. I try but at the end of day petrol is filled form nearest pump. Actually there is no proper routine in life. Maybe wen I start working i can get tank full each time.
Old 27th June 2007, 00:20   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats music to my ears
I didn't noticed this but my friend said that when breaking he heard this humming sound. Its only when the car has reached low speed from braking. No changes in braking feel right now.It isn't that irritating, infact gives the feeling that breaks are good.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:01   #546
Team-BHP Support

@ geek: i had this issue (cabin light) from day one, refer old post good thing is now it has almost dissapeared, though a replacement has been ordered. Regarding pitter patter it will come down considerably as you put on more kms. Humming sound i really cant figure what you are referring to.

@abhi: i have tried IOC extramile from Palghat and was not great so i went back to my ol and faithful IOC regular Diesel

@ Auster: carnuba is absolutely safe to use
Old 27th June 2007, 12:25   #547
BHPian

Didn't feel like opening a new thread for small question.
The carnuba wax comes with a small sponge, which is not very comfortable to use. Is it just a normal sponge, which can be replaced by any sponge ( like the one that goes in seat covers). It would be good if the sponge came with some kind of a handle for better grip.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:36   #548
BHPian

Is there a better place to keep the tools in the trunk? i tried keeping it below the mat, above the mat, on top of the spare tyre...everywhere but still i get the noise from the tools if i hit a hump or pothole.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:54   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Is there a better place to keep the tools in the trunk? i tried keeping it below the mat, above the mat, on top of the spare tyre...everywhere but still i get the noise from the tools if i hit a hump or pothole.
Wrap the tools in an old Blanket and keep it in the trunk. Blanket would help reduce the noise as well as will be useful in case of a breakdown (Touchwood such a situation doesn't arrise at all).
Old 27th June 2007, 14:01   #550
Senior - BHPian

jaggu, by humming its just meant that way - humming noise (there is a sort of loud hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm if you are driving without pressing the accel too much in lower gears), this is perhaps best referred to as engine noise perculating into cabin. (read pathetic nvh levels)
Old 27th June 2007, 15:10   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Best place to keep the tools if you dont want any noise is at HOME . Juss kidding dude.

Like dieselfan said, thats the best solution, even i wrap my tools tightly in a piece of cloth and no noise at all. try that
Old 27th June 2007, 15:36   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Best place to keep the tools if you dont want any noise is at HOME . Juss kidding dude.

Like dieselfan said, thats the best solution, even i wrap my tools tightly in a piece of cloth and no noise at all. try that

i had the same problem so i wrapped them in a cloth and then put they near the spare wheel tightly so they don't move around

and now the sound has vanished
Old 27th June 2007, 15:41   #553
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know about other car but my Palio do have a place where you tie tool kit bag to fix it.

Best way to keep it wrapped in cloth and than keep it below mat.
Old 27th June 2007, 16:09   #554
BHPian

I have found a place in my Swift to keep the tool kit bag. If you see the space where the back seat rest touches the boot mat, there is a gap. You can slightly push the tool kit in between there. I have found that place convenient, and not allowing the toolkit to run around.
Old 27th June 2007, 16:19   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Faced with the same problem, I slided the tool bag into the space where the floor of the boot meets back seat. Here comes the pic.

Shot with K750i at 2007-06-27

Last edited by austere_sly : 27th June 2007 at 16:21. Reason: Fixed the link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks