Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 01:01   #526
BHPian

austere_sly check the cover on the head of the seat belt which covers the bolt to fix the seatbelt assembly, it does make some noise in my car.
Old 23rd June 2007, 01:11   #527
BHPian

can any one give the idea how to open the screes ( not exactly screw ) which are used to hold the door panels to the doors. There is something which can be pressed down, but don't know what to do further.
Old 23rd June 2007, 01:16   #528
BHPian

U need to press the inner circle, it will release the lock.
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:12   #529
Team-BHP Support

Got another feedback form from maruti, this time specifically asking for "Engineering feedback" filled it up with the ignition switch loose connection and door squeak issue reporting.

Liked the format, you dont have to fill up/tick stupid questions, need to tick if the issue is applicable and finally a narrative section if anything that is not covered. This form is quite comprehensive like a service check list and will be a good tool to report for above mentioned problem.
Old 24th June 2007, 23:45   #530
BHPian

Is there clutch vibration in your Swift Diesel ? I have some vibration but as I do not know much about the issue so can't tell if its major issue or just regular vibrations.

Thanks
Old 25th June 2007, 10:28   #531
Team-BHP Support

it depends on the way u release the clutch, it has some torque sensor i believe and best way is to release clutch without gas and then accelerate, yes judders more when ac off and idle less.

i have got used to this method and very rarely do i get into a judder issue, was a pain initially in traffic being used to a petrol car.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:38   #532
BHPian

jaggu, what I was telling was about clutch pedal vibration, even when idle.

And yes the method of releasing clutch without pressing accelerator is what I also do. Have got used to it now. It enables forward movement without any judders.
Old 25th June 2007, 12:38   #533
Team-BHP Support

nope no clutch pedal vibrations
Old 25th June 2007, 13:37   #534
BHPian

@jaggu, last Saturday I have been to MUL service center in whitefield to address the problems related to vehicle pulling towards left and the metal noise in my front left shocks.

the service engr spotted the reason behind the noise in shocks, it was due to the mud got deposited in the upper ring of the shocks. There is a kind of plate attached to the shocks and in between these two metals a layer of mud got accumulated and that caused the noise in the shocks. they used some kind of spray from, not sure about what was the cleaning solvent they used. but after applying it, the noise was totally reduced. They’ve asked me to apply some drained engine oil if it happens next time. i had a empty bottle and used it to get some drained engine oil from them.

the next problem was my vehilce pulling towards left, first they did wheel balancing. the computer showed no problem in wheel balance. Next they did a tyre pressure check but still the problem was there. then they finally interchanged the front two wheels and that has reduced the problem to an great extent. the engineer who addressed the issue seems to be an expert (that’s how I've been introduced to him), he said that if i still have the issue then the last option would be to interchange the tyres alone. Looks like few swift had these problems and by interchanging the tyres the problems has solved.

@jaggu, i remember you mentioned about getting extra clips to fix the mud flaps. but how and where you can fix those clips? bcos all the flops are fitted to the holes using screws.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:32   #535
Team-BHP Support

you might have been doing great deal of off roading to get so much mud inside the strut assembly regular washing of under body should keep the issue off from and from repeating. most probably they might have used wd40 to lubricate, again using engine oil over extended period is not recommended cos the rubber parts can get damaged due to this.

wheel pull is quite possible with some tyres, swap the front and rear tyres also for a different combination, if this also doesnt help then try changing the direction of rotation of the tyres.

well in swift usually the mudflaps and trims are held in place using plastic snap on clips, in your case dealer might have used screws instead to hold the flaps in place, i have seen lot many swifts run around with missing mud flaps, so should have been a precaution from dealers end.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:05   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Front fogs really do help on highways where every lumen counts whereas in city driving i felt they were absolute waste. Stock lighting is also pretty decent and blinding enough for opposite traffic to dip that glaring high beam.
You are right. Even I have noticed. It is pretty decent. Usually lorry folks won't dim for my dad's Zen D. Now in my Swift D they are doing it even before I dim it.

Quote:
Beautiful automobile for highways where you can easily pull off overtaking and the road holding and brakes are also superb.
Felt the same. It is not a pain to drive in the 2 lane Krishnagiri - Salem heavy lorry traffic route
Old 26th June 2007, 15:11   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argee9 View Post
Did any one notice fine vibrations in clutch and steering while driving ?
I do not have this with my VDi. Only on idle there is a slight vibration in Sterring. No where else I felt.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:21   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Problems reported
  1. The cabin light issue, very rare occurence but still there
  2. Rear door squeak (not rattle)
Jaggu, can you please tell me what is the issue no 1? I felt the light is not swithcing off correctly. Sometimes it takes more time (more than 15 secs as mentioned in the manual)

No2. Rear door squeak. I do have some noise coming from rear side and yet to be fixed.

Quote:
This time around washing was not great and interior also not great cleaning. Overall ok service, wouldnt rate it great or anything and feel parent center at Yeshwanthpur will be more equipped and experienced, somehow this one doesnt give that 100% gut feel confidence wise.
I got my VDi delivered from them. Cleaning job is not good.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:57   #539
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
[/list]Jaggu, can you please tell me what is the issue no 1? I felt the light is not swithcing off correctly. Sometimes it takes more time (more than 15 secs as mentioned in the manual).
well mine the lights will come ON automatically when the key is shaken, diagnosed to a faulty ignition switch and i have ordered a replacement.

The light will switch off with dimmer effect once all the doors are closed fully or when the ignition switch is turned ON.

when you remove the key again it will come ON and switch off automatically after a delay or when you lock the doors with the key.
Old 26th June 2007, 18:27   #540
Senior - BHPian

Which diesel are you people filling in car ?? Regular or Premium ?? And what does company / dealer recommends ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks