Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 18:45   #481
BHPian

Nice write up @jaggu. one clarification... did you change the engine oil and oil filter during your first service?
Old 19th June 2007, 18:51   #482
Team-BHP Support

oil yes as dictated by maruti, oil filter - no even though i wanted to, but my dealer didnt have it in stock at that time. rewind to previous post in this thread and you will have the full details including the cost.
Old 19th June 2007, 20:27   #483
Senior - BHPian

jaggu

nice write up, i cant wait to drive mine. and thanks for all the offline help you gave me. i ve decided to go for michelin 185 rubber, gun metal or white alloys with multiple spokes (atleast 10), some nice velvet seat covers, mats of course, and good sunfilm, with one teflon coat from 3M.

dealer says it will be here in flat 4 days. so its either friday/sat or monday.
good to know car handles well. by the way yours is 195 tyres right??
Old 19th June 2007, 20:35   #484
BHPian

Jaggu, can you tell me what should be the ideal pressure for 185/70 R14? I am currently maintaining 36 psi both front and rear.

Owner manual says 33 rear and 36 front for 165/80 R14. Even tried to check with swift Zxi, which comes with 185/70 R14 and it said 28 or 29. I am little confused.
Old 19th June 2007, 20:43   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Jaggu, can you tell me what should be the ideal pressure for 185/70 R14? I am currently maintaining 36 psi both front and rear.

Owner manual says 33 rear and 36 front for 165/80 R14. Even tried to check with swift Zxi, which comes with 185/70 R14 and it said 28 or 29. I am little confused.
For stock tubeless tyres on LDI or VDI with steel wheel it is recommended to use 36 PSI in the front and 33 in the rear. For a 185/70 R14 on LDI/VDI I recommend 34 or 35 in the front and 31 or 32 in the rear which ever is confortable to you.
Old 19th June 2007, 23:02   #486

worried help me

Did any one notice fine vibrations in clutch and steering while driving ? it is present in all gears at all speeds . the service guy told me that it s common for all deasels .first i thought it was due to unevenness of road but the problem persist even on smooth highways .very uncomfortable on long journies making my hands and legs ache .problem was only recently noticed so iam going to report this to dealer .my car has covered 6k.second service done at 5000k and ecu was changed during that service.but it didnt make any difference.help me with your suggestions?????????????
Old 20th June 2007, 00:00   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i cant wait to drive mine. and thanks for all the offline help you gave me. i ve decided to go for michelin 185 rubber, gun metal or white alloys with multiple spokes (atleast 10), some nice velvet seat covers, mats of course, and good sunfilm, with one teflon coat from 3M.
dealer says it will be here in flat 4 days. s
Did I missed any of your post, because as far as I know you had cancelled Swift's booking and instead booked copper colored SX4.

@Jaggu : Do the new cars need wax. I thought new car can do without wax for some months at least. Will wa affect show on a new car ?
Old 20th June 2007, 10:09   #488
Team-BHP Support

@ geek: yes 195 65 14 on mine, but as discussed for your usage stick to 185's, also ensure you pick branded alloys and dont fall for white (taiwanese) ones

@hors4e: power, diesel fans recommendation on air pressure is on dot is what i feel.

@argee: nope no vibration while driving but yes while parked and at idle there is slight vibration (very minor), and dont ride the clutch trying to figure out the vibrations on a highway, you will land up with a fried clutch!!

@auter: i used formula 1 carnuba and it really helps, DYI stuff which will make car shine as well as protect from grime.
Old 20th June 2007, 10:23   #489
BHPian

Nice going there. So are you planning for the pete's box any time??
Old 20th June 2007, 10:33   #490
Team-BHP Support

nope i am happy with the performance and dont really think ill have good opportunity to enjoy the additional power on our roads (unless some miracle road work happens and road users turn sane), so will refrain from spending that additional amount for now.

would rather like to invest some more on ICE
Old 20th June 2007, 10:50   #491
BANNED

Hi Geek when u booked your car and how long they took for delivery?as i booked last saturday with Bimal Auto and they are saying 4-5 months for my VDI.I am getting League alloys with Michs or Yokos 195 60 R15, Pioneer head unit with JBL spekers, Stanley leather seat covers.
May be later on ill go for Petes box.
Old 20th June 2007, 10:55   #492
BHPian

Nice small review jaggu , in fact I was about to ask you for to post a small review as you seem to have driven your car a lot and I could not agree with you more the fog lights in city are useless , got them fitted after market but it really adds up to the look of the car especially at night with the fog lamps and the headlights on !!
I have given my car for first servicing, expect to get it back at around 3 pm today . Now after first service what are the recommended and the maximum speed limits per gear ??Also I think I can rev my car a bit more now right ??
Old 20th June 2007, 11:06   #493
Team-BHP Support

nikunj as i have mentioned before also, its not what rpm you take her to but how much fast you do it that causes strain, start exploring higher rev ranges but slow and steady instead of getting carried away with the turbo spool.

1st gear you can take it to 25-30 beyond which its useless strain. slowly add another 10 kmph to all the gears. in top gear (5th) when you do 100 kph its around 2100 rpm only.

again ensure you warm up proper before spirited driving.

my car is also at the dealer for the 2nd service, asked for oil and filter change.
Old 20th June 2007, 18:09   #494
Team-BHP Support

5000 km, II Free service

Second visit to RNS (Hosur road).

Problems reported
  1. The cabin light issue, very rare occurence but still there
  2. Rear door squeak (not rattle)
  3. Mud flap clips
  4. Minor rattles (most was from the stuff i had stuffed inside the car lol and when cleared in the morning before service, rattle had come down)
  5. Brush touch the front bumper scar
  6. Oil & Oil filter replacement (They didnt have oil filter in stock during 1st service)

Status after the work
  1. The mech (a young kid!! diploma guy i guess) was still in denial but the service advisor accepted it was the switch issue and ordered for whole key set, should get this in 2 to 3 weeks. Pain since the ecu also will require programing for the security system.
  2. Fixed finally!!
  3. Re fitted and like last time, some spare ones left in the ashtray
  4. Impressed actually, i had reported for the sake of reporting but they have done good job and i think the air pressure also is changed, need to confirm what they have filled
  5. Done, scars are hidden for now
  6. Finally done and oil filter is slightly expensive (Rs 360)

This time around washing was not great and interior also not great cleaning. They didnt put the shine on the dash board as requested but stuck the stickers (which i promptly removed now)

Total bill with Vat Rs 1452 for (Oil, Oil filter, labor) and clips, rest all free.

Anyways engine feels crisp, though the overall car feel is same, yes idle rpm when AC on has increased by around 50 rpm. Service guys says the FE i reported (they asked me how much it is) is ok though they feel it will improve by a km or so after some more kms.

Awaiting for the call from them for the key set replacement. Overall ok service, wouldnt rate it great or anything and feel parent center at Yeshwanthpur will be more equipped and experienced, somehow this one doesnt give that 100% gut feel confidence wise.

Friendliness and frankness is great though the lil kid who actually worked on the car requires more exp to deal with demanding customers like myself
Old 20th June 2007, 18:59   #495
Team-BHP Support

Small correction in bill amount Total bill with Vat Rs 1252 for (Oil, Oil filter, labor) and clips, rest all free.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed