Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 15:03   #436
BHPian

i too had this experience, while cruising definitely the rpm sticks to one particular level. for ex: during my GQ @ 120kph the rpm was @ 2100-2200.
Old 14th June 2007, 16:02   #437
BHPian

Well can this be because of unsettled RPM "needle" while accelerating?!?! And more stable one when cruising?

I guess still the actual RPM of the engine will be constant w.r.t speed.
Old 14th June 2007, 16:08   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Only thing that concerns me is that she leaps ahead even when my foot is not on the accelerator, she moves ahead with great speeds and sometimes scares me. Though, I have had experienced the same on my uno diesel, but not this way certainly.
Congrats HP for your new car. The phenomenon that you experience of your car lurching forward is due to torque at lower rpms/speeds so you needn't step on the gas to make the car move forward. You will get used to it in a few days and then you can enjoy its torque, come to think of it, thats what every first time diesel drivers notice
Old 14th June 2007, 18:35   #439
BHPian

mobike008, thank you. Well got her new tires today. Thanks to iraghava got Michelin Energy XM 1 185/70 R-14, 4 tires after giving in my Jk's and 8800 margain money.
Old 14th June 2007, 18:38   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Which one do u have in ur swift dude?
Any other suggestions on accessories to be installed in Ldi?
I got the Minda System installed. IMO, get any kit from reputed compnay like autocop, Minda, Nippon and Xenos. They are all equally good. Though one or two units of any manufacturer may come out faulty, they are usually reliable. Go for one which is giving you life time warranty. In my case, situation was such that I had to choose by the looks of remote control. Features of all are almost same for price band.

There is also a thread going on on same topic : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...s-autocop.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
I was hoping you could tell us that. The Petrol Swift does 140 at around 3600 rpm in 5th.
I would have told if my car had rpm meter. Its not in Ldi.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:58   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Lurching forward.... yes, it does really want to go, in first gear, with no foot on the accelerator at all.

I find it means a lot of clutch control when I have to go really slow, like very rough roads and roads with more people than cars.

BTW... at 2 weeks and about 385Km it is beginning to sound like a diesel. Most noticeable when accelerating around 40Kph.
Old 15th June 2007, 10:31   #442
Team-BHP Support

dont worry you will be surprised by how silent the engine becomes once your reach 5k kms
Old 15th June 2007, 11:57   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Some guys wanted pics of the varying instrumententation light.

@busa: how did you get the blue display in your dials??
Old 15th June 2007, 12:03   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
@busa: how did you get the blue display in your dials??
Nothing but the flash shining on the instruments
Old 15th June 2007, 12:20   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Nothing but the flash shining on the instruments
great, yesterday i was trying hard to get the same color in my dials too finally i gave up and thought of checking with you.

actually the blue display looks good
Old 15th June 2007, 12:23   #446
Senior - BHPian

cant the leds be changed to change the colour of instument cluster ?
Old 15th June 2007, 12:30   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
dont worry you will be surprised by how silent the engine becomes once your reach 5k kms
is this a positive comment or a sarcastic comment?
Old 15th June 2007, 12:37   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
is this a positive comment or a sarcastic comment?
I understood that comment as after 5K it will howl like crazy

Juss kidding !!!
Old 15th June 2007, 15:22   #449
Team-BHP Support

not a sarcastic one

engine has smoothened up quite a bit revs are picking up real fast (remember me redlining, well most of the times in 1st and 2nd its unknowingly done and you will be reminded with screech from wheels yes even with 195 tyres), sound at idle is less penetrating, pitter patter also has come down quite a bit from the first 100 kms.

this is my first diesel ownership experience from 0 km so can feel the slow transition, ok for me it was rather quick having done 4100 km till date.

surprisingly smoking hasnt changed either (was worried if ill start spewing when i floor) again i clean inner area (tips only) of the exhaust pipe and with my kind of driving in city doesnt collect much soot over a weeks drive
Old 15th June 2007, 16:56   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
not a sarcastic one

engine has smoothened up quite a bit revs are picking up real fast (remember me redlining, well most of the times in 1st and 2nd its unknowingly done and you will be reminded with screech from wheels yes even with 195 tyres), sound at idle is less penetrating, pitter patter also has come down quite a bit from the first 100 kms.

this is my first diesel ownership experience from 0 km so can feel the slow transition, ok for me it was rather quick having done 4100 km till date.

surprisingly smoking hasnt changed either (was worried if ill start spewing when i floor) again i clean inner area (tips only) of the exhaust pipe and with my kind of driving in city doesnt collect much soot over a weeks drive
this...gives a good feeling now . I just took it in the other way with your initial comment . I was worried that after 5000kms the typical diesel sound would creep into the engine.

so far I have done 1700 kms, definitely i felt the difference after the first service. the initial complaint i had with the engine sound which appears after the 2 to 3rd gear transition has smoothened.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks