Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 11:22   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
my car is touching 4000 km mark and i have started red lining it already
Jaggu - Have you touched 5000 RPM?? How did you manage it? Was it on 2nd gear?
Old 12th June 2007, 11:42   #422
BHPian

speed limits in Highways and expressways

today morning i noticed in newspapers that the government is planning to enforce speed limits in highways and express ways. 50km/hr for highways and 80kms/hr in express ways. this is to avoid increasing road accidents due to over speeding. within a week's commitee would come up with a policy to enforce the standards.

this is good in one way but definitely i would be missing my drive in the golden quadrilateral highway - blr to chennai.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:24   #423
Team-BHP Support

@diesel fan yeah i somehow manage to do it now n then atleast in the range of 4500 to 5000 rpm he he

@ebmrajesh why not start this as a separate topic, wanted to do it since morning but couldnt get time, and i think its absolute stupidity and another weapon for cops to make some easy money thats all.

enforcing will also be fun with so many km and so lil cops around lol
Old 12th June 2007, 13:53   #424
BHPian

Quote:
@diesel fan yeah i somehow manage to do it now n then atleast in the range of 4500 to 5000 rpm he he

@ebmrajesh why not start this as a separate topic, wanted to do it since morning but couldnt get time, and i think its absolute stupidity and another weapon for cops to make some easy money thats all.

@jaggu, i am not sure whether i have the rights to create a new topic .
i am still a newbie
Old 12th June 2007, 13:59   #425
BHPian

Quote:

@jaggu just did some R&D in this site and found the way to create a new thread (even i can create a new thread ). created a new thread for this topic. thanks for pointing this.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:48   #426
BHPian

Guys, got my Swift Ldi Pearl White home today. It was such a great feeling. I am already in love with her.

Only thing that concerns me is that she leaps ahead even when my foot is not on the accelerator, she moves ahead with great speeds and sometimes scares me. Though, I have had experienced the same on my uno diesel, but not this way certainly.

Most probably will be going for tire change tommorow. I am getting 185/70 r-14, as doesn't want to play around with setting as it will be a family car.

Guys, does Ldi have dimming cabin light and does the cabin light function when rear doors are open? I guess not on mine.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:23   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Guys, got my Swift Ldi Pearl White home today. It was such a great feeling. I am already in love with her.
Congrats buddy for your new car. You have every reason love her. Pure exhilaration (sorry civic). Please see if you can bring her to the upcoming meet on 16th.

Quote:
Only thing that concerns me is that she leaps ahead even when my foot is not on the accelerator
its just a matter of some kms. After that you will get a feel of it.

Quote:
Most probably will be going for tire change tommorow. I am getting 185/70 r-14,
Very much recommended,

Quote:
does Ldi have dimming cabin light and does the cabin light function when rear doors are open? I guess not on mine.
No. Swift Ldi does not have these functions. Dimming light and cabin light via rear doors comes only on Vdi. If you are getting any keyless security system (like Autocop/ Xenos/ Minda/ Nippon) installed, then cabin light will work via rear doors.I am still figuring out how to get dimming light feature on my Ldi.

Last edited by austere_sly : 14th June 2007 at 00:25.
Old 14th June 2007, 01:02   #428
BHPian

I touched 140 km/hr mark today at a stretch from Soami Nagar red light to half way upto panchsheel flyover (1 km approx) at 9:00 PM. Have completed 1400 Kms on Odo. Just hope that occasional speed runs like these don't have bad effects on engine. All day I did average conscious driving ( never going above 70), so when returning home, for a moment I left FE and drove by my heart. My friend who was on passenger seat with me said that car felt solid on ground, No excess engine noise. Braking was good when I had to decrease the speed by 80 km/hr to 60 when I spotted an auto ahead. Although he was in different lane, but you just can't trust these auto guys.

Guys any idea, what would be rpm at 140 in 5th gear ?

Last edited by austere_sly : 14th June 2007 at 01:04.
Old 14th June 2007, 08:17   #429
BHPian

thanks austere_sly, well I will try to bring her down to the meet though cannot confirm.

I asked the dealer about the remote central locking system and he told me that there were some issues with the nippon system being installed in the Ldi, so maruti has discontinued the model and new model has been introduced which has reached maruti but still to reach dealers. So, waiting for it. Which one do u have in ur swift dude?

Any other suggestions on accessories to be installed in Ldi?
Old 14th June 2007, 09:19   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post

Guys any idea, what would be rpm at 140 in 5th gear ?
I was hoping you could tell us that. The Petrol Swift does 140 at around 3600 rpm in 5th.
Old 14th June 2007, 10:25   #431
Team-BHP Support

similar rpm for vdi also around 3200 to 3500 depends on accelerating or cruising
Old 14th June 2007, 10:37   #432
BHPian

Quote:
similar rpm for vdi also around 3200 to 3500 depends on accelerating or cruising
Jaggu, The RPM is directly proportional to speed of that car. With tyre size, gear ratio, final ratio being constant, for given speed the RPM will be same, not matter if you are cruising or accelerating.

For example my car does 100kph at 3000rpm on 5th. A formula was posted to figure out the kmph for a given rpm here....
Old 14th June 2007, 11:01   #433
Team-BHP Support

hmm agree 100 % in theory BUT there is a difference is what i observed in real life, while accelerating the rpm is more due to the additional torque/power required for the same and while cruising the rpms will be a lil less.

in combi bypass while accelerating i was doing more that 2300 rpm (heavy foot) for 100 kph in 5th but once i achieve that speed can cruise at the same speed for 2100 rpm (light foot) anyway i might be wrong and will check and confirm again
Old 14th June 2007, 11:10   #434
BHPian

Agree with Jaggu here - I've seen a slight decrease in RPM, once I settle on a speed.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:34   #435
Senior - BHPian

Some guys wanted pics of the varying instrumententation light.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed