Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 13:40   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
@nikunj_cal: I was at the dealer today to explain this problem, I met a fellow VDi owner who could reproduce this problem, They changed some unit near the accelerator peddal, No use, then they changed the ECU again of no use..This time they were to check his fuel line. So the dealer has told me that once they find the cause they would call me. And as far as my problem goes, I havent faced it for the last few weeks. Will keep you posted as soon as I get an update. Till then guess you will have to live with it :(
Oh God , Is it a Lot Problem then ?? Please do keep me updated if they can find out the root cause of the problem , it will be easier for me to get my service done !! I will be getting my service done sometime next week ...
Old 7th June 2007, 13:47   #377
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you go for a aftermarket tacho, will cost you around 2k or so.
Old 7th June 2007, 14:11   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Why dont you go for a aftermarket tacho, will cost you around 2k or so.

I asked the dealers for the tachos they did not have it and the car accessory shop said after market tacho's would mean cutting of wires which would mean the warranty going kaput !!!
Old 7th June 2007, 15:55   #379
BHPian

Digital clock problem?? !!

Hey guys,
howz the digital clock doing?

can someone give your feedback if you have installed the clock?

I have checked with my dealer to install the digital clock in the provided slot but he keeps saying that he does not have a stock ?!!

I happened to talk to the service person who was taking care of my car during the first sercvice.
I asked him about the digital clock and he said that temporarily MUL has stopped manufacturing that clock as it had few issues, they are rectifying the issue and only after a month or so they will again issue the new ones.

anybody having any problems with the digital clocks?
Old 7th June 2007, 16:17   #380

Help Needed regarding Alloy Wheels.

Hey Guys,

I am Naveen from Bangalore. I had Booked Swift VXI in RNS Motors 40days back, couldnt get the car deleverd even after wating for 40 days. Got bugged up with them, i canceled the booking and through a friend booked Swift LDI-RED in Mandovi Motors, Vijayanagara. He has promised me to get it within 1-1/2 month.

I am Planing to get Front power windows, Left side Mirror and Alloy wheels. Which Allloy wheels are better (Company). My budjet for it is around 18k, do they buy back the normal LDi wheels? How About ZXI alloys, i somehow like them as they are simple and decent looking.

Please suggest me few options in bangalore where can i get it done?

Thanks
Navi
Old 7th June 2007, 17:17   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I asked the dealers for the tachos they did not have it and the car accessory shop said after market tacho's would mean cutting of wires which would mean the warranty going kaput !!!
These dealers keep harping about warranty

If you know your dealer well then there isint a problem. Like i am going to Pete my car soon with Green Conical Filter, FFE, and later bigger turbo, intercooler
Old 7th June 2007, 18:52   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Digital clock is doing good. No problems faced so far. It increases the over all aesthetics of the dashboard of the car. Looks cool, completes the orange light of instrument panel.

But it would have looked awesome had they provided some trip computer there. There is lot of space for clock horizontally and the clock in itself looks tiny in daylight.
Old 7th June 2007, 18:58   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navechan View Post
I am Planing to get Front power windows, Left side Mirror and Alloy wheels. Which Allloy wheels are better (Company). My budjet for it is around 18k, do they buy back the normal LDi wheels? How About ZXI alloys, i somehow like them as they are simple and decent looking.

Please suggest me few options in bangalore where can i get it done?
It will be a fight getting all those stuff in 18k. A break up will be :

Power Window : 6500
Left OVRM : 1600
Alloys : 15000 ( for zxi with return of OEM )

Try their prices in market. You will sure get cheaper deals. like for eg. Left OVRM of same company which supplied to MGA cost 900 in car market in delhi.

I too like Zxi alloys as they are simple looking.
ask jaggu or vid6639. they are from b'lore and can help you out with this.

Cheers !!!

Last edited by austere_sly : 7th June 2007 at 19:01.
Old 8th June 2007, 08:40   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Hey guys,

can someone give your feedback if you have installed the clock?
Hi,
I have put in the digital clock along with my first free service. It cosred Rs 500.
Clock surely changes the look of the dashboard. The clock will always display the time (even if the engine is off and key removed). The backlight will be on with the engine start.
The back light is also orange shaded as the odo, but not as bright as it.
No complaints so far.
Old 8th June 2007, 11:20   #385

problems with swift vdi

me took delivery on april first from popular vehicles ktm; azure grey -no additional fittings or modifications except for music system.thease are the problems i face after 5000 kms
  1. vibrating noices from both seat belt locking units in pillars in bad roads which service centre can not rectify so far
  2. noices from rear seat back rest locking mechanism which was also noted before first service -not rectified yet
  3. excessive vibrations felt in clutch and steeering noticed only recently
  4. poor quality ride and excessive damping sounds from suspention on bad kerala roads on company recommended tyre pressure
  5. overall the fit and finish is poor quality,poor quality plastics and all door pads vibrate on closing ,no solid feel as in accent or palio
  6. on shifting from fifth to fourh vague
good points abut the car are
  1. good milage irrespective of driving condetions
  2. good handling inspite of it beaing eps
good power and minimal turbolag

i have given my car for second service today with all thease complaints and dealer told me my car is in list of cars whose ecu are to be replaced due to programming error and they have instuctions to do it during second service from mul

when i was trying to solve all this problems the service guy was interested in doing all types of coatings on my car and make some extra money which i staight away told no.they have prmised me delivery today evening itself since they have ecu in stock.
but i am surpriced by the fact that they havent informed me it this date about ecu problem even after gettins orders to recall vehicles with certain chasis numbers for repair from maruti
please feed back your problems also
Old 8th June 2007, 12:01   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
It will be a fight getting all those stuff in 18k. A break up will be :

Power Window : 6500
Left OVRM : 1600
Alloys : 15000 ( for zxi with return of OEM )

Try their prices in market. You will sure get cheaper deals. like for eg. Left OVRM of same company which supplied to MGA cost 900 in car market in delhi.

I too like Zxi alloys as they are simple looking.
ask jaggu or vid6639. they are from b'lore and can help you out with this.

Cheers !!!
Thanks for the feeback guys...

as of now my dealer does not have any stock of the digital clock. i have asking him for the past 3 weeks and he keep repeating the same answer. is the clock available outside? if something like that is available and if we fit it outside will that tamper any warranty deals?
Old 8th June 2007, 13:47   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argee9 View Post
  1. vibrating noices from both seat belt locking units in pillars in bad roads which service centre can not rectify so far
i too noticed the problems with seat belts, but i found that the noise is generated if the seat belt - metal piece is left in a twisted position. especially after someone uses the seat belt. after usage if you release/retract the seat belt, it goes and rests half on the seat (shoulder area) and half on the door frame/pillar. in this position it causes noises while driving in bad roads, if you adjust the metal piece and keep in its normal position (parallel to the pillar/door frame) then the noise does not come.

initially even i thought the noise is coming from the seat belt holding socket in the pillars but it actually came from the metal piece which locks the seat belt. I hope even your problem could be same as mine..anyway try this and see...

is the issue with ECU is commong for all the Swift-Ds?? what exactly are the problems caused by this ECU issue?
Old 8th June 2007, 14:20   #388
BHPian

Quote:
is the clock available outside?
Incidentally when I was on the lookout for clock I didn't find it in market. But when I got it installed from showroom, I found this clock at Driven, Delhi. So, I am sure you can find this in B'lore.

Quote:
will that tamper any warranty deals?
Get it installed from some reputed shop, they will make sure connections don't cause any troubles. or get the clock from market and get it installed from authorized service station during your service.
Old 8th June 2007, 14:34   #389
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried to see if the clock with temperature readings on SX4 will fit in the swift slot ?
Old 8th June 2007, 19:38   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Has anyone tried to see if the clock with temperature readings on SX4 will fit in the swift slot ?
I guess it would be very expensive. It will need some extra sensors apart from clock. Might also involve some fiddling with ECU.

But if it could be done within reasonable price, it would be very cool feature.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks