Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 07:46   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
@ebmrajesh
Tried my best today to stall the engine, no luck...guess good for me. Guess the problem is no more
Lucky you it happened again twice yesterday but what i noticed was after full clutching, by mistake I released the clutch to 3/4th which i think made the engine stall (the car was in third gear and the speed was 10 to 15). But i still do have a question here . the car should have stalled after a jerk but the same happened pretty silently ,so can it be a car at high gear but traveling at lower speed problem ??
Old 5th June 2007, 10:55   #347
Team-BHP Support

busa start with 33F and 31 R it will be choppy for 15 inch and my guess would that ideal would be 32-31 front and 30 for rear
Old 5th June 2007, 14:20   #348
BHPian

Rust proof coating:
i have done this coating to my chasis during the first service thro MUL. it cost me 3200Rs. Has anyone done this coating elsewhere? i did this because monsoon is begining and its the right time to protect the parts from getting rusted.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:43   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Lucky you it happened again twice yesterday but what i noticed was after full clutching, by mistake I released the clutch to 3/4th which i think made the engine stall (the car was in third gear and the speed was 10 to 15). But i still do have a question here . the car should have stalled after a jerk but the same happened pretty silently ,so can it be a car at high gear but traveling at lower speed problem ??
Yes, you bet, it just goes dead like you turned off the ignition, i only realised when the stearing didnt move..that was pretty scary.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:48   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
If you want to put 195, the rims have to be upgraded atleast to 5.5 J, stock is 5 J. The max you can put is 185 tyres on the stock rim. The alloys you get with Zxi are 5.5J .
Hmm, now that I was totally unaware of 5J and 5.5J, I guess i'll stick to the 185 tyres, and buy my alloys in a few months. So you guys suggest that I buy Alloys of 5.5J right?
Old 5th June 2007, 16:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Rust proof coating:
i have done this coating to my chasis during the first service thro MUL. it cost me 3200Rs. Has anyone done this coating elsewhere? i did this because monsoon is begining and its the right time to protect the parts from getting rusted.

As far as I know, MULL doesn't recommend any of these treatments. And I guess all at Team BHP would agree
Old 5th June 2007, 17:58   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Rust proof coating:
These things should be negotiated while buying the car. Most manafacturers comply to your request. I got my viva crdi with 2 coats of teflon ( one before delivery and one during 1st service) and rust proof coating for underbody, free of cost
Old 5th June 2007, 22:50   #353
BHPian

@anshurao: got the polish as complimentary.. so never bothered to ask which polish was used..

@ebmrajesh:got my teflon and anti rust as a package on delivery.. in process managed to get the teflon free of cost
Old 5th June 2007, 22:56   #354
BHPian

Yes mo bike but in case of my diesel i asked my dealer what he would be giving me with the car , and he gave me a mischievous smile and said a state of the art CRDi engine in 4 days ! His logic was undeniable so had to give in....
Old 5th June 2007, 23:03   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you bet, it just goes dead like you turned off the ignition, i only realised when the stearing didnt move..that was pretty scary.

Still happening , has to happen atleast once but does not happen all the time , what the hell could be wrong ?????
Old 5th June 2007, 23:46   #356
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jaggu for the inputs.

Quote:
Hmm, now that I was totally unaware of 5J and 5.5J, I guess i'll stick to the 185 tyres, and buy my alloys in a few months. So you guys suggest that I buy Alloys of 5.5J right?
Well you should keep future upgrades in mind, my rims are 7J, hehe, so i can go on till 225 on these rims with ease.

BTW, i think i also got the Teflon Thrown in by the dealer.
Old 6th June 2007, 10:49   #357
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, MULL doesn't recommend any of these treatments. And I guess all at Team BHP would agree
my dealer did not even given me mud flops as a compliment i tried my level best to get something as compliment from him but kept on saying that he was giving my car 2 months earlier than the promised delivery date and said thats the biggest compliment he is giving.
well MUL only has suggested me to do this coating. and I have done this during my first service at their workshop.
Old 6th June 2007, 11:47   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Yes mo bike but in case of my diesel i asked my dealer what he would be giving me with the car , and he gave me a mischievous smile and said a state of the art CRDi engine in 4 days ! His logic was undeniable so had to give in....
However michievious his smile would have been, if you had relented, he would have given in. Its just a matter of negotiation skills
Old 6th June 2007, 12:07   #359
BHPian

Hi Jaggu/ busa can you please post the maximum speed limits per gear so that I can keep within the rev limits of 2500 (as suggested by tsk1979 in his how to tun in a car post) for the first 1000 kms ?? My LDi does not have a tacho :-( !!
Old 6th June 2007, 12:11   #360
Team-BHP Support

Open your car manual. That has maximum speeds in each gear. Even for cars like indica where a tachomater is present, they give max speeds in each gear and not rpm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks