Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 17:17   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hey Guys,

I have done 6000 Kms on my Swift VDi, I get FE of 19KMPL city with 100% AC usage. I just love the car, as of now the max speed I have touched is 160Kmph, guess it can go a little faster. I have a couple of issues
1) I am facing this problem of the engine going dead when i shift to lower gears while baking. But I am not able to reproduce this at the dealer. do any of you face a similar problem.
2) The stock tyres are totally useless, I had a narrow escape at 100Kmph, I Just got myself Bridgestone Potenza G3, 185/70 R14s, Please could anyone tell me the tyre pressure for front and rear. Would be of great help.
Hi I am facing the engine shutoff problem and i myself am a bit confused about it ,as i haver done around 620 kms I plan to get it checked only in the first service , I hope by that time i will get to figure out whether it is an ECU problem or driver error. For how long have u been facing this problem ??
Old 4th June 2007, 17:27   #332
Senior - BHPian

What is the tyre pressure i should use for my Swift, it has 195/60/15
Old 4th June 2007, 17:51   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@anshurao: 2) start from 34 F and 32 R and then reduce one psi at a time, but ensure you drive long enough to determine the ride and handling is to your taste.

for 195/65/14 i found 33F and 31R to be ok for my taste

and after some thinking regarding the point 1) i feel that it might be coz of not actuating the clutch on time and engine shunting itself to off, will be accentuated in case of drivers who shift from petrol to diesel (higher torque delivery at low rpm) just a wild guess, otherwise no switch off in my case yet
@jaggu: I am following the suggested tyre pressure for my OE tyres (36 for F and 33 for R, printed near the driver's door side). is it a must to follow these pressure levels or it depends upon on our driving style and comfort?
Old 4th June 2007, 18:09   #334
BHPian

immobiliser ??

Hey guys, please provide me some clarification on the immobiliser unit comes along with Swift VDi .

From the manuals and general definitions i understood that a immobiliser is is an electronic device fitted to an car which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key is present. This prevents the car from being "hot wired" after entry has been achieved. I believe Swift keys also has the same micro unit in the keys which simulates the above technology.

to contradict the above definition, one of my friends has a remote central locking key in his Alto. at the time of installing this unit, the dealer has said that his car is also been fitted with immobiliser separately.

following are the things we tried in his car (Alto)...
1) car is locked using remote central locking.
2) he uses his original key to open the car (remember central locking is enabled thro remote)
3) car alarm goes on.
4) he inserts the key in ignition slot and tries to start the engine, but the engine does not start.
The above result is perfect and 100% secured.

I tried the same steps in my Vdi to see how my immobilser works..
1) car is locked using remote central locking.
2) I used the original key to open the car (remember central locking is enabled thro remote)
3) car alarm goes on.
4) I inserted the key in ignition slot and tried to start the engine, the engine starts
This is not definitely the kind of security I would expect...

my question is.. if I happen to loose the key, anyone can open my car and they can start the engine cooly , by disconnecting the speaker wires, the alarm can be turned off easilty. but whereas in my friends car if someone gets his car key, though they can open the car, they cannot start the engine.

for me the technology in Alto looks far superior than what is provided in Swift.

is this is how the immobiliser works? or i need to caliberate something in my car ?
Old 4th June 2007, 18:57   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
@jaggu: I am following the suggested tyre pressure for my OE tyres (36 for F and 33 for R, printed near the driver's door side). is it a must to follow these pressure levels or it depends upon on our driving style and comfort?
OE pressure will give you good FE but will have a slightly choppy ride and its safe to keep 2 psi less for ride comfort.

again keep in mind that swift d has a heavy front and going by petrol air pressure is asking for trouble wrt rims.

regarding the immobilizer unless the existing key thingie is hooked up to the remote lock system the car will start with its original key, am not sure if the remote system can be easily integrated with built in immobilizer
Old 4th June 2007, 19:22   #336
BHPian

Got first service done by Gautam Motors, Okhla, Delhi. Total expense was 764 which that of engine oil which was replaced @ 181 Rs/ ltr for 3.5 ltr + taxes.

Completed 1000 kms and its giving me F.E. of near about 16.5 . Driving style moderate, neither light nor heavy footed, 100 % A.C., 100 % city driving. This included lots of idling.

What is the max. speed I can take it to now ? I don't accelerate hard, its just the highest speed which I go for.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:26   #337
BHPian

Got the delivery of my black swift VDI on thursday...I'am sure everyone reading this wud know how i exactly felt bout the whole thing.. was just too eagerto get into it.. Somehow managed to do the puja and the cake cutting.. and ofcourse the foto session.. and the majority of the sales team waving good bye..the dealer definitely tried to make it as special as it cud get..! The first thing i did was fill a full tank of diesel.. The pump guy was reluctant to fill diesel..he was wondering why was i filling diesel in a petrol car.. Managed to fill it after explaing bout the new VDI.. Since then been using my devil...I must say too exensively.. took it to pune.. which is bout 150kms one way from mumbai.. and to maintain a speed between 60-80 kph was cruel..but then somehow managed to do it.. did my bit of travelling in pune.. returned.. then over the weekend did some city driving...well.. on Day 5 from delivery i.e. today.. the stats look like this.. Kms on ODO - 751 kms..!! might end up getting to the 1000kms by the end of week .. Am i over using it..? been strictly following the 60- 80 kmph speed limit.. ok getting back to the stats..till 751 kms.. been getting an avg of 20 kmpl (100% AC)..! Am a total fan of my devil.. Well i've been just busy clocking the miles on this piece of machine.. but in the process managed to notice coupla things.. one being its making noise.. a bit too much i feel.. Dunno may be its new.. but definitly felt it was more than wat i had heard on the test drive vehicle.. the engine s quiet while idling.. No abrupt switch offs as yet.. Nothing much which looked off track.. its only 5 days.. Just waiting for the first service.. then wanna rev up this devil to the limit..
Old 4th June 2007, 22:42   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@anshurao: 2) start from 34 F and 32 R and then reduce one psi at a time, but ensure you drive long enough to determine the ride and handling is to your taste.

for 195/65/14 i found 33F and 31R to be ok for my taste

and after some thinking regarding the point 1) i feel that it might be coz of not actuating the clutch on time and engine shunting itself to off, will be accentuated in case of drivers who shift from petrol to diesel (higher torque delivery at low rpm) just a wild guess, otherwise no switch off in my case yet
Thanks Jaggu, and another question for you, will I be able to fit the 195/65/14 on my standard rims? I know I have already got the tyres, but the dealer is ready to replace them But i got to decide fast.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:45   #339
BHPian

@ebmrajesh
Tried my best today to stall the engine, no luck...guess good for me. Guess the problem is no more
Old 4th June 2007, 22:47   #340
BHPian

Here's one of the pics where the devil was getting polished...

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6937/42028403iu8.jpg
Old 4th June 2007, 22:50   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hi I am facing the engine shutoff problem and i myself am a bit confused about it ,as i haver done around 620 kms I plan to get it checked only in the first service , I hope by that time i will get to figure out whether it is an ECU problem or driver error. For how long have u been facing this problem ??
Hey, I have been facing this problem on and off from day 1. Today i tried my best to reproduce this problem, but it seemed to have disappeared. Good for me .
Old 4th June 2007, 22:56   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
What is the tyre pressure i should use for my Swift, it has 195/60/15
Any inputs on this guys?
Old 4th June 2007, 23:04   #343
BHPian

@urban_legend: Congrats, the devil looks neat. By the way which polish did you use?
Old 4th June 2007, 23:57   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
will I be able to fit the 195/65/14 on my standard rims? I know I have already got the tyres, but the dealer is ready to replace them But i got to decide fast.
If you want to put 195, the rims have to be upgraded atleast to 5.5 J, stock is 5 J. The max you can put is 185 tyres on the stock rim. The alloys you get with Zxi are 5.5J .
Old 5th June 2007, 00:05   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The alloys you get with Zxi are 5.5J .
kbk75's thread on Swift & Getz comparo shows 205's on stock ZXi rims?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks