Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2007, 11:09   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
@ nikunj_cal , i don't think Ldi has this feature. Jaggu told that in Vdi that light has some kinda of in built timer. BTW i was thinking of getting this for my car(looks really cool)...

Does the Vdi has Electrically adjustable OVRM's or manually adjustable one's ?
With so many features absent in Ldi as compared to Vdi , I am beginning to think i should have waited for the Vdi model , The differential is only 35 k and there are a host of features absent !!

Vdi has manual internally adjustable orvm .
Old 3rd June 2007, 11:33   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey busa , please tell me how to make the fader work , read the manual but could not figure it out !!
Where is it written in the manual, when you reach the 0000 point just keep the button pressed till it becomes 0

Quote:
Does the Vdi has Electrically adjustable OVRM's or manually adjustable one's ?
No

Yes the lights which dim are called the theatre dimming lights.

Quote:
With so many features absent in Ldi as compared to Vdi
Well AFAIK the following are the features diff in the Ldi and Vdi

Tachnometer
LHS Mirror
Internally adjustable mirrors
Theatre Dimming Lights
Body Coloured ORVMs/Door Handles
Fog Lamps
Front and Rear Power Windows
Central Locking
Lightoff/Key reminder
Drivers Seatbelt Warning Lamp
Door Open Warning Lamp
Mirror on Co-drivers sun visor side
Day night rear view mirror
Rear Head Restraints
Fabric Accented door trims
Front Seat Back Pocket(Driver & Passenger Sides)
12V accesory socket in center console
Silver Painted Door Garnish
Black Coloured Door Pillars (A & B)
Wheel Caps
Key not removed warning buzzer
ABS

With so many features a VDi seems more VFM then a LDi if you go to put these features later its going to cost more and some features cant even be put.
Old 3rd June 2007, 11:42   #318
Senior - BHPian

Busa what was your on road cost? Did the ABS option cost the same as Petrol variants... damn this 3-4 month waiting period. Havent even booked yet :(
Old 3rd June 2007, 11:49   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Busa what was your on road cost? Did the ABS option cost the same as Petrol variants... damn this 3-4 month waiting period. Havent even booked yet :(
5.69L OTR, ABS was 20k extra and totally worth it, had to wait 3 months more just for ABS, was getting the car 3 months back itself but ABS was not available since MUL was not manufacturing it.
Old 4th June 2007, 08:57   #320
BHPian

FE figures after 750km. 17.5 kmpl. AC on always, city usage only. Travel in bumper-to-bumper traffic for at least 5 km everyday.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:02   #321
Team-BHP Support

thats pretty good mileage, i still get 15 kmpl with my driving.. but who cares its DIESEL!!
Old 4th June 2007, 12:44   #322
BHPian

FE figures at 1000 km, after 2 full tank readings: average 17 for me.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:52   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
one more interesting note, one of my friends is a mechanic in Ford chennai and i showed my new vehicle to him. the moment he got into my vehicle, he asked me where i filled my fuel and when i said Reliance, he was shouting at me and advised me not to fill fuel in reliance at all .he gave a list of complaints which happened to few vehicles because of filling fuel there. not sure whether this is correct or not
My father always go for Reliance Diesel for the Zen D for the last 1.5 yrs. (KMs covered around 30000 and 90% of is Reliance Diesel) No problems so far.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:36   #324
BHPian

@abhilash and @tnawayaj plz do post your drving style ?Also r u using stock tyres ??

I am beginning to feel that my mileage of 14 returned my by my Ldi is really low :-( !!
Old 4th June 2007, 13:59   #325
BHPian

My driving is with 100% AC. Out of the kms covered while calculating mileage, 60% is highways and rest Kochi city traffic.
My tyres are note stock, I am using Bridgestone Potenza GIII 185/70/14 with Leauge alloys.
Since I am from an Indica background, I think unnecessary gear shifts and revving was more during the first 500 kms. So I expect a mileage of around 18 after 1000K service.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:47   #326
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I have done 6000 Kms on my Swift VDi, I get FE of 19KMPL city with 100% AC usage. I just love the car, as of now the max speed I have touched is 160Kmph, guess it can go a little faster. I have a couple of issues
1) I am facing this problem of the engine going dead when i shift to lower gears while baking. But I am not able to reproduce this at the dealer. do any of you face a similar problem.
2) The stock tyres are totally useless, I had a narrow escape at 100Kmph, I Just got myself Bridgestone Potenza G3, 185/70 R14s, Please could anyone tell me the tyre pressure for front and rear. Would be of great help.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:17   #327
BHPian

@nikunj
My driving style is not rev-happy for sure. I prefer to get into overdrive (4th or 5th) at the earliest, but that is rarely possible on Bangalore's congested roads, especially during peak hours to and from office. I end up grinding in 2nd or 3rd a lot, but try to keep the RPM low since the car is still running in.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:38   #328
Team-BHP Support

@anshurao: 2) start from 34 F and 32 R and then reduce one psi at a time, but ensure you drive long enough to determine the ride and handling is to your taste.

for 195/65/14 i found 33F and 31R to be ok for my taste

and after some thinking regarding the point 1) i feel that it might be coz of not actuating the clutch on time and engine shunting itself to off, will be accentuated in case of drivers who shift from petrol to diesel (higher torque delivery at low rpm) just a wild guess, otherwise no switch off in my case yet

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th June 2007 at 15:45.
Old 4th June 2007, 16:57   #329

FE figures(VDi) at 1200 km, after 2 full tank readings: average 23 for me. AC on always, city usage(20%)+highway(80%).
Old 4th June 2007, 17:15   #330
BHPian

@anshurao
I have driven close to 1200kms in my Vdi and I have'nt faced this engine shutting down problem. i guess in this same thread few ppl have complained about the same problem.

I agree with your "point 2", even i have faced few problems with those OE tyres, definitely they are not built for high speeds.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks