Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 16:55   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
one more interesting note, one of my friends is a mechanic in Ford chennai and i showed my new vehicle to him. the moment he got into my vehicle, he asked me where i filled my fuel and when i said Reliance, he was shouting at me and advised me not to fill fuel in reliance at all .he gave a list of complaints which happened to few vehicles because of filling fuel there. not sure whether this is correct or not
Any reason WHy? You are creating doubts in my mind....So far I have always put in Reliance in my long drives....

Abhi
Old 1st June 2007, 17:08   #302
BHPian

@ ebmrajesh

First service complaints:2) i felt that all my doors has to be pushed/pulled a bit hard to close it properly. Not sure whether this is a common problem in all the Swift-Ds

Not facing this problem in my swift

3) Reverse gear engaging: I have to try atleast twice to put my reverse gear. though i apply full clutch i have some difficulty in engaging reverse gear properly.

Facing this one, but it doesn't happen every time. Did it get corrected in first service ?

4) to add to the list today morning one auto guy opened his account to introduce a new scratch to my vehicle back bumper. i was standing in a signal, he took a turn, scratched my vehicle and started shouting at me as if i made the mistake . Asked to do a paint touchup work during service.

Sorry for that. But this is part and parcel of driving in a metro.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:10   #303
Team-BHP Support

regarding ICE wiring, yes it has in built wiring and i have retained/used the OE ones. the connectors are from NHC as i understand from the forum members.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:17   #304

Thanx Busa for clearing my confusion.....
Old 1st June 2007, 18:05   #305
BHPian

I have an Ldi and the feature for altering the console light is there - havent tried it though.
The courtesy feature of the interior light - staying on for a while after opening the door is there as well in Ldi.
Am one of those who waited for the diesel model of the swift to come into market and really, the torque is addictive. The downside is a bit of harsh ride that kind of accentuates the rattles. Guess rattles are more likely if one had taken the door pads apart to fix central locking and speakers. Closing the door becomes a difficult as well after installing the central locking (in Ldi) as it takes a bit more effort to depress the button installed on the door sill for central lock. Had the same issue with my old zen as well where i had installed autocop as after market accessory.
Overall it is a good car for the enthusiast, at reasonable cost and the advantage of more miles for the buck!
Mahesh
Old 1st June 2007, 21:21   #306
Senior - BHPian

Guys you are welcome

Yes, i plan to put a Petes box with green filter and remove the cat and make it a FFE, but that will be done after 10k service once all free services are over and i go for synthetic oil, the petes will give you 90bhp with 215NM torque and wont affect the top speed.

Quote:
But one more thing I am wondering as to why the cabin light dies not fade out as mentioned in the manual ??
It does fade out.

When i went to install a Windtone horn i took a relay(cut out) along but then the installer said you dont require it, immediately i called my MUL service advisor and he told me the diesel has built in, also diesel has thicker wires, bigger battery and no place in the hood, the siren for my autocop was put near the front bumper after turning the tyres to the left to get it in.
Old 1st June 2007, 22:26   #307
Team-BHP Support

muck muck ..

and more muck with wider wheels

Old 1st June 2007, 23:53   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Its not even written in the manual but in the night when i was changing the trip meters i noticed Odo, trip A, Trip B and then 0000 I was wondering what kind of thing is that 0000, confused i kept it pressed and it changed to 0 and the intensity of light in the instrument cluster began dull and then pressed again it became brighter 00 and then 000

I dont know whether it comes on the petrol or the LDi but my car surely has it, mine is a VDi with ABS
Yay! It works! It's an option only with the Ignition key in first position or above. Remember you heard it only on Team-BHP, stuff that even MUL workshops didn't know about. Too bad MUL missed it out, they could have had one more marketing point. Good find, BUSA!
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:01   #309
Team-BHP Support

actually switch on the light switch and then adjust the intensity, i think its written in the manual
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:25   #310
BHPian

I found that in the evening after reading Busa's post. I went trying thinking that this feature might only be available in Vdi, but was happy to find it.Thanks Busa.

It strange that such a combination of events never occurred that I have Parking Light/ Headlight on , key on running and I am changing trip meters.
Old 2nd June 2007, 14:21   #311
Senior - BHPian

Guys you are welcome.

Quote:
stuff that even MUL workshops didn't know about. Too bad MUL missed it out, they could have had one more marketing point.
Dealerships have not been able to explain this, simply because you never go in the night to them.

Also when no key in the ignition and you press the meter you can see the odo reading.

Quote:
It strange that such a combination of events never occurred that I have Parking Light/ Headlight on , key on running and I am changing trip meters.
If you are FE concious you would notice but i usually have a habit to measure my distances and thats how i noticed it.
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:02   #312
Senior - BHPian

First Avg of the Vdi ABS from my car is 14.85 kmpl with 2 hours sitting in AC and 195/60/15 tyres. Done 460kms till date.
Old 2nd June 2007, 20:50   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Any reason WHy? You are creating doubts in my mind....So far I have always put in Reliance in my long drives....

Abhi
general complaints he listed are more engine noise and black smoke but what surprises me is, he asked me the question, the moment he got into the car while the engine was running. not sure what sort of differences he was able to pick-up.
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:01   #314
BHPian

Hey busa , please tell me how to make the fader work , read the manual but could not figure it out !!
Old 3rd June 2007, 03:17   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
please tell me how to make the fader work , read the manual but could not figure it out !!
@ nikunj_cal , i don't think Ldi has this feature. Jaggu told that in Vdi that light has some kinda of in built timer. BTW i was thinking of getting this for my car(looks really cool).

Quote:
If you are FE concious you would notice but i usually have a habit to measure my distances and thats how i noticed it.
I do measure distance I travel, but to be truthful haven't checked F.E. even once as I am not the only one driving the car. And also haven't done much of traveling at night in car yet.

Does the Vdi has Electrically adjustable OVRM's or manually adjustable one's ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks