Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 07:52   #286
BHPian

Th engine shut off thing is still there (total run of car is around 518 kms till date), it pains my heart whenever I restart the engine in the middle of the road. Thinking of getting the same checked this weekend !! :-(
Old 31st May 2007, 15:09   #287
BHPian

I can understand that feeling. Have experienced it twice or thrice. But the better part for me is that last time i drive it on Delhi - Gurgaon Highway, it drove beautifully. I did some quick acceleration run and it gave an amazing feeling. When Nirvana's " Smells like teen spirit" track played, i was all in josh and realized only when speedo touched 100 Km/hr. I guess one time going over speed limit won't hurt that much.

I will be going for car's 1st service on 3rd or 4rth of June. Will be getting checked some loose door panels ( courtsey: central locking guys ), what else do you guys think should be looked upon / changed on 1st service.

Thanks
Old 31st May 2007, 16:44   #288
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu, not washed your car for some time have you?

Join the club, with the rains I too havent managed to wash it for a few weeks.

ps: Even when dirty your car looked nice and rugged.
Old 1st June 2007, 07:46   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Th engine shut off thing is still there (total run of car is around 518 kms till date), it pains my heart whenever I restart the engine in the middle of the road. Thinking of getting the same checked this weekend !! :-(
Ok now I am confused I drove the car for another 40 kms yesterday and the car engine did not shut off even once , the A/C on was 100 % , can any experts here please advise what exactly is going on before i take it to the dealer workshop??
Old 1st June 2007, 10:44   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Jaggu, not washed your car for some time have you?

Join the club, with the rains I too havent managed to wash it for a few weeks.

ps: Even when dirty your car looked nice and rugged.
where did you see me he he..

that was from the 2 day trip to cochin and back last weekend, and yes the wider tyres throw lot of muck to the body... its another story but will have to wait since am busy at work...

finally got some time to hose down today morn, tomorrow is the proper wash day

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2007 at 10:49.
Old 1st June 2007, 10:55   #291
Senior - BHPian

Done around 350 kms in my VDi, a few things i have noticed : -

You can vary the intensity of the instrument panels lights.

The Diesel comes with a relay fitted for the horn wheras the petrol doesnot.

MUL does provide wiring for the ICE

On hard braking the rear tends to lock up quite often, the front is handled by the ABS quite well, yes rear locks even with grippy 195/60/15 Energy XM1's

Last edited by BUSA : 1st June 2007 at 10:56.
Old 1st June 2007, 10:59   #292
Senior - BHPian

I have crossed 4000 KM on Swift VDI. I had problems around ECU (hunting when Idle) after 1st service which has been rectified by Maruti. Efficiency is around 19 KMPL. I love the Tourque and the Turbo Gear 3-4 accelarations. I have fitted only 2 JBL speakers for my Audio system and that too for the rear doors. Effects are good and I found it is more safer than having front speakers and not able to hear outside sound while driving with windows up.
Old 1st June 2007, 11:42   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
where did you see me he he..

that was from the 2 day trip to cochin and back last weekend, and yes the wider tyres throw lot of muck to the body... its another story but will have to wait since am busy at work...

finally got some time to hose down today morn, tomorrow is the proper wash day
Saw you at the junction between HSR and koramangala next to automart/lemon grass. you went straight towards sarjapur.

Was in front of you and saw the venturas on the OE alloys and the sticker on the A-pillar.
Old 1st June 2007, 13:21   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You can vary the intensity of the instrument panels lights.
Didn't knew about that. Can you post 2 pics of your instrument cluster with different light intensity.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:47   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Didn't knew about that. Can you post 2 pics of your instrument cluster with different light intensity.
Its not even written in the manual but in the night when i was changing the trip meters i noticed Odo, trip A, Trip B and then 0000 I was wondering what kind of thing is that 0000, confused i kept it pressed and it changed to 0 and the intensity of light in the instrument cluster began dull and then pressed again it became brighter 00 and then 000

I dont know whether it comes on the petrol or the LDi but my car surely has it, mine is a VDi with ABS
Old 1st June 2007, 14:59   #296
BHPian

1111 kms covered

Today morning i gave my Swift-D for first servicing after completing 1111 kms, which includes a to and fro trip to chennai. I started to chennai with total km reading of 160 ~ kms and now i have completed 1111 kms. I like to update all swift lovers with my experience...

FE (blr to chennai): i filled up tank in a reliance petrol bunk which is immediately after Hosur. Approximately i filled 20 ltrs of Diesel and rest of the tank had diesel filled up in Blr BP bunk. After driving 700 odd kms, i again filled the tank to calculate the mileage. I was happy to see that it gave me 19km/ltr. which includes 350 kms of highway driving and another 300kms inside city with 99% AC on. chennai heat was not bearable and i have to have AC on right from the moment i start my car.
while coming back to blr, i stopped in a HP petrol bunk, close to Hosur to refuel and again calculated the mileage. it gave me 18km/ltr. the dip in the mileage is due to the fact that blr is located slightly above the sea level which means i have to climb up (almost 40%). so i can understand the 1km loss in mileage.

one more interesting note, one of my friends is a mechanic in Ford chennai and i showed my new vehicle to him. the moment he got into my vehicle, he asked me where i filled my fuel and when i said Reliance, he was shouting at me and advised me not to fill fuel in reliance at all .he gave a list of complaints which happened to few vehicles because of filling fuel there. not sure whether this is correct or not

Ride: only word to describe ride quality is.... "awesome". I say this because i have been driving Ford Ikon before this and i never felt this much easiness to overtake or to handle the vehicle in high speeds. After getting some suggestions for the speed limit, i decided to keep the vehicle in 100km/hr @ 2200 rpms. though i have not ripped the car in high speeds, small example to demonstrate the power of this vehicle is, all it just takes 3 seconds to touch 110km/hr from 100km/hr in 5 gear @ 2500rpms....pure thrill . this vehicle is a real beast hiding under a beauty

i have one observation while taking high speed corners. the vehicle is not sturdy enough to stick to the road while taking high speed corners. i know the reason for this as i did not change the OE tyres came along with the vehicle. maybe if i change to recommended tyres with alloys i might feel the difference. but i never had such problems with my Ikon.

Finally, EPS has also helped to improve the drive quality in high speeds. clearly in high speeds the steering wheel will be bit hard to steer and in low speeds its like playing a video game. thanks to MUL for having this feature.

First service complaints:
1) Wheel alignment problem: vehicle is slightly pulled towards left side while driving in straight roads. this is not because i have hit any potholes or bumps, i noticed this problem right from day one. but after my highway drive i confirmed it.
2) i felt that all my doors has to be pushed/pulled a bit hard to close it properly. Not sure whether this is a common problem in all the Swift-Ds
3) Reverse gear engaging: I have to try atleast twice to put my reverse gear. though i apply full clutch i have some difficulty in engaging reverse gear properly.
4) to add to the list today morning one auto guy opened his account to introduce a new scratch to my vehicle back bumper. i was standing in a signal, he took a turn, scratched my vehicle and started shouting at me as if i made the mistake . Asked to do a paint touchup work during service.

overall the experience with the vehicle is good and to be honest none of the people whom i showed my vehicle believed that its a diesel engine. only when you open the bonnet, they realised that its a diesel engine.
Old 1st June 2007, 15:02   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not even written in the manual but in the night when i was changing the trip meters i noticed Odo, trip A, Trip B and then 0000 I was wondering what kind of thing is that 0000, confused i kept it pressed and it changed to 0 and the intensity of light in the instrument cluster began dull and then pressed again it became brighter 00 and then 000

I dont know whether it comes on the petrol or the LDi but my car surely has it, mine is a VDi with ABS
That's an interesting find! I used to see it on my odo and always wondered what it was. There have been people complaining on the forum also before, explaining it to be a glitch of some kind. Im going to go try it in a while now. For the record, mine is a Swift VXi.
Old 1st June 2007, 15:02   #298
BHPian

Quote:

Its there in the LDi and I was wondering for quite some time now as to what it stood for , thx for clearing my confusion !!

But one more thing I am wondering as to why the cabin light dies not fade out as mentioned in the manual ?? It simply turns off. Have they removed the feature altogether??

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 1st June 2007 at 15:05.
Old 1st June 2007, 15:05   #299
BHPian

Quote:

@BUSA.. good that you have explained about the 0000 appearing when you press the trip meter switch, even I observed this once and thought that some problem with the switch. infact i wanted to tell this as a complaint during my first service
Old 1st June 2007, 16:34   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
But one more thing I am wondering as to why the cabin light dies not fade out as mentioned in the manual ?? It simply turns off. Have they removed the feature altogether??

It in Vdi and Vxi for sure. I think its not in Ldi or Lxi. But I want to upgrade it to that. I hope it can be done.

@ Busa : Will be getting Pete's Digital Tuning Box in your car ? I think i read somewhere in your thread that its in line as one of the future mods.

How much increase can be expected in the top speed after adding Petes. Though Swift diesel is relatively new car, has anyone checked his top speed yet ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks