Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 22:30   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
, maybe i am not pressing my clutch properly ,
possible reason.. Do you shift gears by deploying the clutch half way or depress the clutch completely??

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 23:24   #272
Team-BHP Support

no engine shutting off problem for me yet and FE i think its still holding on to 15 kmpl mark for me, shall confirm tomorrow about city FE when i tank up again
Old 25th May 2007, 00:04   #273
BHPian

I haven't checked F.E. yet because didn't have a tankfill yet. Its done 780 Kms. Rough estimates of fuel filled is around 60 ltrs and its still above half mark. Though one month got over on 22nd of this month. It still has to do 210 kms more to complete 1000k. But don't have time to take her to service before 2nd june. I don't think it would do much harm. But still any advices ?

I have noticed that gear shifts have become smoother.
Old 25th May 2007, 07:27   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
possible reason.. Do you shift gears by deploying the clutch half way or depress the clutch completely??

Godfather
Actually i never notice how far I am depressing the clutch , I think it was half clutch in my indica and half clutch here also, but let me get back to you on that . Hey austere did you get your ECU calibrated and are you still facing the same engine shut off problem ??
Old 25th May 2007, 09:49   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i never notice how far I am depressing the clutch , I think it was half clutch in my indica and half clutch here also, but let me get back to you on that . Hey austere did you get your ECU calibrated and are you still facing the same engine shut off problem ??
it happened once gain today when coming to office was shifting from 5th to a lower gear , I am pressing my clutch more than half say 3/4 th. However downshift from 4th to 3rd are not creating problems anymore !
Old 25th May 2007, 10:27   #276
Team-BHP Support

FE update 325 km vs 21 Lit same ol stop n crawl bangalore city traffic with AC on 99%.

and yet another trip to cochin this weekend lets goooooo i say.. lol
Old 25th May 2007, 10:53   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was too eager to know my mileage figures so I tanked her up today again , I was disappointed somwhow , my car has run 225 kms on 17 litres of hi speed diesel. My average is thus around 13.25 . I am disappointed with the figures , arent the figures a bit on the low side ( 50% ac on ) ?? However i keep my car mostly at the fourth gear and occasionally on the 5 th gear !! I have been ripping her for the past 3 days , rapid accelerating ( i love to see the amazed look of the sumo's and the bolero's :-) ) but touching to max 70 and letting go as that is more than enough to get a safe distance :-) !! What are other fellow bhpians experiencing ??
Thats a bit on the lower side. Mine being a heavier car returns consistently 14kmpl ( 50% AC) in city driving conditions with gears shifting between 2K minimum and 3.5K maximum. I am pretty happy about these FE figures
Old 25th May 2007, 11:28   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Hey austere did you get your ECU calibrated and are you still facing the same engine shut off problem ??
I haven't calibrated my ECU yet, but most probably will get it checked in 1st service, which i to be done soon.

For last 200-300 Kms i haven't face that problem. I asked my driver also who has driven almost equally. He also didn't reported such thing.
Old 26th May 2007, 22:37   #279
BHPian

Glad to see so many people with something common.. Swift Diesel.. Ok i have'nt got the delivery of my car.. ok hold on its not just a car.. its my personalised beast.. so impressed i'am.. I had a long story to go through which started with a corolla (just for the heck of it..!) then verna.. fiesta.. aveo.. wagon R.. well i did all the test drives.. not that i was confused with wat i wanted.. i just did not get wat i wanted and you would wonder wat that would be..well that was turbo..power..with style.. with a sense for the city streets.. Verna did satiate that feeling for turbo..but only to a certain extent.. then came the day when i said why not Swift.. drove a friend's swift petrol to the showroom.. and hopped onto a VDI.. well after that i was in love.. purely in love with this beauty.. but then when i heard had to wait for close to two months for a delivery was grossly disappointed.. hunted all the dealers in mumbai and managed to get one in Thane.. who gave a commitment of 30 days flat if i cough up a huge upfront payment..well i just cud not resist the offer.. As promised getting a delivery on wednesday.. Just waiting for the delivery of my black Swift VDI .. and wud give in my side of the story..SOrry bout the long Hello mail.. but been diligently reading all your write ups since the past 2 weeks.. and its been very informative.. hope to do add value to all of us..

Cheers..!
Old 26th May 2007, 23:23   #280
BHPian

hey urban_legend , congrats before hand for your new car.
Old 27th May 2007, 18:48   #281
BHPian

Quote:
it happened once gain today when coming to office was shifting from 5th to a lower gear , I am pressing my clutch more than half say 3/4 th. However downshift from 4th to 3rd are not creating problems anymore !
I think i will get the problem rectified in the first service itself, also once the car is stalled should i just restart or turn the ignition full off once( turn the key anticlockwise) and then crank the engine afresh ??
Old 27th May 2007, 19:41   #282
BHPian

Quote:
I think i will get the problem rectified in the first service itself, also once the car is stalled should i just restart or turn the ignition full off once( turn the key anticlockwise) and then crank the engine afresh ??
I don't know what is recommended, but once i just restarted and second time the car was in gear, i just released the clutch and the engine started again.

And please do not turn the key anticlockwise. If you do that fully, you are risking locking your steering and more the time your engine is off more are you loosing on power assisted breaks, which can be dangerous.

Last edited by austere_sly : 27th May 2007 at 19:46. Reason: forgot to add smething
Old 27th May 2007, 21:01   #283
Team-BHP Support

People, here is some suggestion. It holds good for any diesel.
1> When you turn your key in the filament kind of symbol glows in the dash. Thats the glowplug. Wait for it to go off and then crank the car. If the car is sufficiently warm the glow plug may go off in an instant and it may take a while if the engine is cold. But it must come on. Kool_Kid get your car checked if the glowplug is malfunctioning, immediately.
2> Shifting gears is best done with the clutch fully depressed. Do not do it with half clutch or 3/4 clutch. As it is the swift clutch (albeit the petrol) is a bit suspect. Although no problems have been reported as yet with the beefed up diesel clutch but why take chances? Anyhow, slipping clutch is not a very good thing to do. Reduces your clutch life.
Old 28th May 2007, 16:40   #284
Team-BHP Support

swift D glow plug lights go off pretty fast in our climate, stays on for hradly a sec even when cold, so dont panic

and 1000 plus kms done over sat and sat day.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th May 2007 at 16:50.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:09   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
swift D glow plug lights go off pretty fast in our climate, stays on for hradly a sec even when cold, so dont panic

and 1000 plus kms done over sat and sat day.
Same here, never been able to see the glow plug , i remember while taking delivery the service manger had to show me the glow plug by turning the ignition on and off 2 to 3 times !! In my indica however the glowplug stays for around 3 to 4 seconds irrespective of how cold/hot the car is
Closed Thread

Most Viewed