Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 19:34   #196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Jaggu, running in over? Do you feel the need for more power?
not yet buddy, let me see how she performs on the highway then can comment if i need more entertainment.

thanks for NOT offering :(

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2007 at 19:42. Reason: fooling around
Old 8th May 2007, 19:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

Arre I wasn't making an offer, I was just asking!
Old 9th May 2007, 00:56   #198
BHPian

Is this normal ?

When the car is put into ignition, amber colour light that lighs ODO is quite bright. But when the parking lights and headlights are switched 'ON'
light in ODO becomes dimmer.

Also , what causes that theater dimming effect in cabin light of swift ?
Old 9th May 2007, 10:29   #199
BHPian

vdi check list before delivery ??!!

Is there any standard check list for Vdi model to check things before you take your car from the dealer? i very vaguely remember in one of the threads it was mentioned but not able to locate the post.
Can someone please give me the info on the check list
Old 9th May 2007, 10:34   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyy22 View Post
Can ABS be installed in Swift VDi?
when I booked my Vdi i asked the dealer about the ABS option. they told that they are not taking any booking with ABS option as they have not started manufacturing any Vdi models with ABS options.
I also asked them about the feasibility of having ABS after getting the car, may be 2 -3 months later or whenever they start supporting the option, but their mechanic confirmed that its not possible to install ABS after the car is ready.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:08   #201
Team-BHP Support

its normal auto dimmer to avoid glare at night driving.

in my car same is hooked up with pio head unit which also has a dimmer function

Dimmer effect if cabin is a timer mechanism which is available in most new models
Old 9th May 2007, 11:11   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Is there any standard check list for Vdi model to check things before you take your car from the dealer? i very vaguely remember in one of the threads it was mentioned but not able to locate the post.
Can someone please give me the info on the check list
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

i just walked around the car to check any damages, then sat and heard the guy give demo and drove off after the pic shoot
Old 9th May 2007, 11:42   #203
BHPian

Check the odo.

Check for scratches on all sides.

My windows had prints of oily hands so i got them cleaned.

Check for the working of parking lights and headlights I my case the dealer forgot to put the fuse of parking lights which i realized only at night).

Start the engine and listen for unnatural noise with windows open.

Confirm whether they have filled 5 lts of diesel or whether they are offering coupons.

When refelling also get your tyre pressure checked.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:45   #204
BHPian

Does the parking of car in a slope where front tyres are on a slope and rear on flat surface has any affect on suspension. A friend who has a santro told me to that it does affects.

Thanks
Old 9th May 2007, 13:28   #205
BHPian

Quote:
when I booked my Vdi i asked the dealer about the ABS option. they told that they are not taking any booking with ABS option as they have not started manufacturing any Vdi models with ABS options.
I also asked them about the feasibility of having ABS after getting the car, may be 2 -3 months later or whenever they start supporting the option, but their mechanic confirmed that its not possible to install ABS after the car is ready.
just to get this confirmed, i called my dealer to check whether still the same thing prevails. looks like now they are taking Vdi orders with ABS. So thats the good news to all those who wants ABS option while booking . but the bad news is the difference between vdi and vdi with ABS is around 40k .
comparatively Vxi with ABS and w/o ABS difference is approximately 20k.

I am not sure why the difference is almost double in case of Vdi . Is something been added extra as features and thats the reason its having so much difference??? is anyone aware of these details ????
Old 9th May 2007, 14:36   #206

40K is too much. It'll be 6L+ & waiting time for ABS fitted cars will also b more. I think Maruti wants to earn more thats why they are charging double for ABS. Mr khattar said that margins are not an issue in SX4. Now i got my answer that they are earning from other cars by using these cheap tactics.
Old 9th May 2007, 16:36   #207
BHPian

Quote:
just to get this confirmed, i called my dealer to check whether still the same thing prevails. looks like now they are taking Vdi orders with ABS. So thats the good news to all those who wants ABS option while booking . but the bad news is the difference between vdi and vdi with ABS is around 40k .
comparatively Vxi with ABS and w/o ABS difference is approximately 20k.

I am not sure why the difference is almost double in case of Vdi . Is something been added extra as features and thats the reason its having so much difference??? is anyone aware of these details ????
may be they are providing [COLOR=#000066]Rear Wiper and [/COLOR][COLOR=#000066]Defogger.. i don't know whether it will cost so much for this... [/COLOR]
Old 9th May 2007, 20:21   #208
Senior - BHPian

ABS option is 20k more not 40k, i have booked mine around 4 months back and the car is enroute to Mumbai from their plant.

Mine is a white with ABS
Old 12th May 2007, 11:09   #209
Team-BHP Support

Half way through my first long drive, from Bangalore to Palakad 410 kms did in around 7 and half hours including 3 breaks.
Snippets from the drive so far:

The car is brilliant on the indian highway, and very easy to drive with the on the spot gearing and that lovely turbo kicking in. The max effort required is to downshift from 5 th to 4th to negotiate the car ahead, ok 3 rd if you have a rather long 30 wheeler trailer on a winding 2 lane.

Cruising at 100 kph and rpm at 2000 odd rpm (yeah thats turbo just kicked in territory ) is a joy, tons of reserve juice while cruising, again dont mistake the gear vs rpm for accileration vs cruising.

Air pressure of 34 and 32 psi is on the higher side for my tyre, after the 1st service it had 32 and 31 which had a very good ride but i had increased it back. Need to further fine tune.

Grip is brilliant and not once the car was un composed, often was worried about the car on the back rear ending.

The door squeak is back for the rear RT side, but am impressed maruti indeed has done something for the build quality and no rattles so far, touch wood. And i did lot of abuse over broken patches, and continuing with the village roads in palakad.

Mileage, since last refil 423km with approx 409 km yday trip, fuel guage was between 3/4 and 1/2 filled up as soon as i entered palakad at IOC ie 20 liters some 670 bucks and for 2 people!!! its cheaper than bus and on way back 4 people in the car with similar kmpl will be cheaper than 2 sleeper train!!!

21.25 kmpl with as you wish drive, howering around 100 and 120kms peaking at 130kmph. Heavy traffic and 2 lane from krishnagiri onwards. Thats real life scenario for 1500 km car.

Using GPRS and Nokia 9500 and my patience out, rest when i get back to Bangalore
Old 12th May 2007, 11:56   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Half way through my first long drive, from Bangalore to Palakad 410 kms did in around 7 and half hours including 3 breaks.
Snippets from the drive so far:

The car is brilliant on the indian highway, and very easy to drive with the on the spot gearing and that lovely turbo kicking in. The max effort required is to downshift from 5 th to 4th to negotiate the car ahead, ok 3 rd if you have a rather long 30 wheeler trailer on a winding 2 lane.

Cruising at 100 kph and rpm at 2000 odd rpm (yeah thats turbo just kicked in territory ) is a joy, tons of reserve juice while cruising, again dont mistake the gear vs rpm for accileration vs cruising.

Air pressure of 34 and 32 psi is on the higher side for my tyre, after the 1st service it had 32 and 31 which had a very good ride but i had increased it back. Need to further fine tune.

Grip is brilliant and not once the car was un composed, often was worried about the car on the back rear ending.

The door squeak is back for the rear RT side, but am impressed maruti indeed has done something for the build quality and no rattles so far, touch wood. And i did lot of abuse over broken patches, and continuing with the village roads in palakad.

Mileage, since last refil 423km with approx 409 km yday trip, fuel guage was between 3/4 and 1/2 filled up as soon as i entered palakad at IOC ie 20 liters some 670 bucks and for 2 people!!! its cheaper than bus and on way back 4 people in the car with similar kmpl will be cheaper than 2 sleeper train!!!

21.25 kmpl with as you wish drive, howering around 100 and 120kms peaking at 130kmph. Heavy traffic and 2 lane from krishnagiri onwards. Thats real life scenario for 1500 km car.

Using GPRS and Nokia 9500 and my patience out, rest when i get back to Bangalore
Sounds like she is an absolute joy be it in the city or on the highway. Thanks for the part-review. Clearly you are having a great time. Eagerly waiting for the full blown review

Kartik
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks