Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 11:42   #181
Team-BHP Support

dealer price for OE Zxi for set of 5 is 22k Rs and they will give no discounts unless your dealer has some used ones available that can be bought, but a dealer doing this is highly unlikely and hence tyre accessory shops are the best options.
Old 7th May 2007, 11:58   #182
BHPian

I heard from one of my friends who own a Lxi that other than the Zxi alloy wheels, Maruti even recommends and gives option to use the 'Aura' brand alloys. Thats one of the brands for which they even cover guarantee. As Jaggu said for a set of 5 alloy wheels, they charge 22k and nothing for the OE tyres and rims.
They also showed him the godown where they have 100s of those steel rims changed by all new car owners and lying there of no use.

somewhere in one of the threads i read that the OE tyres and rims are been taken for 1k in exchange of alloy wheels, iam not sure of the person who shared this. if anyone is aware of such info pls share it.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:06   #183
Team-BHP Support

First free service due.

Time for 1st service, list of things to attend:

1: Interior light malfunction when in automode in cognition with ignition switch.

2: Rear RT door squeak if loaded at the rear.

3: Fix mudflap clips, some are broken.

4: Additional horns, hope to get one like roots redgrill and also need to see if my STIEBEL Nautilus can also be accommodated somewhere.

5: Oil change. Here i need to check if they can replace oil filter also. Service manual says only oil change and filter replacement at 5k or 10k (i dont remember exactly)

So tomorrow is D day and will update rest after vehicle is delivered, am using RNS in hosur road.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:29   #184
BHPian

My Vdi is ready

Altast my Vdi is ready...
just got a call from Bimal that my vehicle is ready to reach their shop from Gurgaon and they've asked me to start my paper work for loan approval.

they told that it will take another 8-9 days for the car to reach blr.
actually the waiting time is just close to 2 months compared to what they told at the time of booking which is 3 -4 months.
this means its a good news to all ppl in blr who are eagerly waiting for their Vdis and Ldis, they all MIGHT get their vehicle much faster than their actual waiting time.
Old 7th May 2007, 16:48   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
5: Oil change. Here i need to check if they can replace oil filter also. Service manual says only oil change and filter replacement at 5k or 10k (i dont remember exactly)
does Oil change is charged for maruti vehicle???? had given my santro for 2nd service they charged me for it.... but for few of my friends who own santro it was free it seems.......
Old 8th May 2007, 00:11   #186
BHPian

got seats cover, floor mats, gear lock and central locking installed yesterday. Central Locking is purely for convenience purpose. was getting gear lock dirt cheap with discount along with central locking.

Central locking is of brand minda , because they are along with nippon are the brands which are in MGA.

i don't know whether this facility is in Vdi or not but the cabin light in my Ldi light up only when opening front doors. after cetral locking it works for all 4 doors + boot.

I don't know whether it is just the change of footwear or the minda guy did something with car, but i feel the car response has decreased little bit.
Is it anyhow possible that while installing a central locking, some thing with ecu or anything which affects driveability gets messed up ?

I remember no wire was cut or spliced. As the kit was compatible with maruti everything was connected using connectors.

Also i have experienced 3-4 times engine shutting off inadvertently when shifting from higher to lower gear like 5th - 4rth , 4rth -3rd. and 3nd - 2nd...never happened when shifting from 2nd - 1st.
i am sure that it didn't happened because of very slow rpm.
Any reasons for this and what should i get checked from service station ?

Thanks
Old 8th May 2007, 02:48   #187

my new wheels..

Hey guys

I finally got my alloy wheels and tyres. I got 15' HR set of 4 (15k) hyper silver 8-spoke alloys. And I got Michelin Energy MXV8 195/60/R15(16k) . The handling is awesome but the ride is awfully bumpy (it was bumpy even with the stock tyres :( ) . I still haven't checked but i think the tyre pressure is on the higher side. I will post up some pics soon. And i will update you all after my first service.

Aditya
Old 8th May 2007, 08:14   #188
Team-BHP Support

Hey Aditya,

Congrats. where did you get these from? Yup play around with the tyre pressure. that's the only reason for a hard ride. try somewhere between 28-31psi.

cheers
Old 8th May 2007, 10:21   #189
Team-BHP Support

@Autere

1. Central locking hasnt got anything to do with engine power, only possibility is the ECU might have been reset and its auto calibrating back.

2. Yes the central lock has sensors/switch in all the 4 doors and thats why now the cabin light is coming on with rear doors also. Yes Vdi has this function from factory.

3. What size footwear did you go for, if its within 205 power sap will not be evident.

Ideally get it checked by the dealer if you feel the power loss is substantial and engine is switching of alot. They will have equipment to diagonize and re calibrate ecu if required.

cheers
Jaggu

@Aditya Congratz mate, you will have to experiment a lil to find out the ideal PSi for tyres and use electronic guages at the gas station.

Am running 34 on front and 32 on rear in my 195 65 14 against the company recommended 36 F 33 R for 165 80 14's. i feel i can increase a lil more in the front will be experimenting this weekend.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2007 at 10:23.
Old 8th May 2007, 15:06   #190

Can ABS be installed in Swift VDi?
Old 8th May 2007, 16:24   #191
Team-BHP Support

dont think its feasible to install afterwards but there is an option to order Vdi with ABS option. Search the forum for the same.
Old 8th May 2007, 18:58   #192
BHPian

@jaggu
Quote:
What size footwear did you go for, if its within 205 power sap will not be evident.
Sorry my mistake. i wasn't clear in mentioning in that i was referring to different shoe i was wearing that day. I normally wear sport shows to college but that day because of some company coming had to wear formal shoes so the feel of accelerator was different.

Still in a day or two, whenever i get a chance, i will go to dealer to get things checked.
Old 8th May 2007, 19:12   #193
Team-BHP Support

First free service done.

Gave the car in the morning listing out the issues as above mentioned. As promised delivery was on time and all the guys at the workshop very friendly and courteous.

Engine feels smoother/very responsive after oil change and i suspect they have done some air bleeding from the diesel pump also. The pitter patter sound is uniform. Earlier it was erratic and used to accentuate at low rpm/high load.

Door squeak has gone, very very faint murmur remains, yeah i have this bad habit of listening to all the small sounds with stereo switched off.

Mudflap clips have been fixed and gave me some spare ones also.

Bill is as follows:

Clip fender lining 5: 12.15 Rs
Oil Mobil Delvac 4 ltr: 693.32 Rs

Labour:

Consumable check replacement: 61 Rs (This is for mud flap i had given for fixing)

Total with taxes: 862 Rs

They couldnt get me a decent option for regular horn, even after checking with Yashwanthpur RNS.

Swift D has an issue of space in the engine bay and hence OE will be replaced by "Thunder bird" or something which i declined and went with adding just the Stiebel Nautilus i had, with full wiring (fuse, relay and change over switch included).

Horn fitment: Parts and Labour included, 555 Rs

Overall dealership experience is good BUT this one is for regular service ONLY and not recommended for out of the way issue fixing, though the guys are very nice to deal with i felt that they were quite young and less experienced lot. For major works should go for the main workshop in Yeshwanthpur.

Ignition switch/cabin light issue has been somewhat reduced but will have to go for a new unit (during next service), have told them i will fix an appointment early so that they keep the parts ready.

Again parts is an issue here, they didnt have the diesel versions oil filter (stock not yet arrived) since the recommended change is only at 10k kms. So this again will have to do later, i will mostly run it till next free service at 5k kms.

Car was thorougly cleaned inside out, and as instructed they didnt put any dashboard polish. This coz i felt that black dash with polish is a pain to drive in sun due to reflection onto the windshield.

Small things like using newspaper for mats, instead of a paper with dealer name et all does give you a small set up feeling here.

Again minimal stickering as instructed, though they managed to put two spots with dealer name on headlight which i already have removed.

Gave a kewl SX4 sun blind (non retractable version) for the rear glass, its stuck using post it gum at the edges so not reusable once i remove it

Overall: *** out of 5, Go for this workshop for its convenience of location and for routine check up / service. Excellent customer care.

Yes i will use them for next service if its just routine job.

Again they have a 3M department, quite pushy one at that.
Old 8th May 2007, 19:13   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
@jaggu

Sorry my mistake. i wasn't clear in mentioning in that i was referring to different shoe i was wearing that day. I normally wear sport shows to college but that day because of some company coming had to wear formal shoes so the feel of accelerator was different.

Still in a day or two, whenever i get a chance, i will go to dealer to get things checked.
damn i need to mingle more with people than worry about cars!!
Old 8th May 2007, 19:17   #195
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, running in over? Do you feel the need for more power?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks