Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2024, 13:58   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Got the car back on Saturday evening, after sorting out the key fob issue and post repairs. 10 hours later, the car was back on the road for a day trip to Jog falls.

My first view of Jog falls was in Nov 2020. It was massive but the flow of water was very less, as expected. Naturally, I was curious to see it at it's full glory. With Karnataka receiving a lot of rains, all it's dams are full and releasing water, including the Linganamakki reservoir. For the previous Sunday (the day of accident), me and wife were torn between Mallalli and Jog until wife suggested we choose the nearer one - Mallalli. And the rest is history. As the car was back in time, Jog Falls was back on cards for this Sunday.

Started around 4:30AM, picked up my brother and family, off we went. With most of the ORR being closed during night, we went via the city till Yeswantpur. All BHPians had unanimously voted the Chitradurga - Shimoga - Sagara - Jog falls route and I stuck to it. Apart from a very small section with some uneven road and stray potholes between Sira and Nelamangala, the road was flawless through. I was telling others how the roads within Chitradurga or Shimoga or even Sagara were several times better than what we have here in Bangalore!

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4460.jpg

Breakfast break was at the newly opened A2B. Reached at 6:45AM and they already had all the items ready. And we were not among their first customers of the day, 6-7 cars had already been serviced and left before us. Clean place, tasty food, clean washrooms, ample parking and right next to an exit on the highway.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4461.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4462.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4464.jpg

Blooming sunflower fields are a must stop for the ladies and non-negotiable. Vast stretches of yellow with windmills in the background make quite a view.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9581.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9591.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9600.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9601.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9604.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9611.jpg

It started raining as we crossed Sagara. Reached Jog by around 12PM. As expected, lot of tourists and their cars and umbrella/poncho sellers kept the place busy. Found some parking eventually, put on our ponchos and waded through the crowd to get a glimpse of the mighty falls. The waterfalls were covered completely with fog and so we waited. After good 20 mins, the fog lifted slightly and the fury of falls were a sight to witness.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9620.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9687.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9726.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4487.jpg

The fog kept coming back for close to 2 hours that we there. Had our lunch at the Mayura hotel on site - average food and below average ambience. Left around 2:30PM and proceeded to the other end where one can view the falls from the Jog British Bungalow premises. Again some struggle with parking, ponchos on and we spent some time there as the falls played hide and seek behind the fog.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9760.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4498.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4507.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4506.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4501.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4512.jpg

Around 3:30PM, we started the return leg. One stop to enjoy some juicy Shimoga pineapples, stopped at a few fresh grown fields, one tea break post Shimoga and a dinner break at Paakashala (Chitradurga). Food was good but the place isn't too tidy. Refueled after Tumkur, took the NICE road and reached home 1AM.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4517.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4513.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9776.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4514.jpg

~900 km day trip in ~20 hrs.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4518.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 7th August 2024 at 14:02.
ashis89 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 23:40   #362
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Ashis, I am sorry to ask a completely unrelated question. Do you face any issues with the local police, driving an out of state vehicle in Bengaluru? Thanks in advance.
RoadAtlas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 18:47   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

BLR - HYD - GOA - BLR

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4809.jpg

Did a trip to Goa over the Independence day weekend, my third one in a row (2022 and 2023). But this one was different in many ways.

1. It was a boys trip, just 4 old friends (later 5).
2. A different route taken: Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Goa. Even there, we chose the unexplored Solapur - Sangli - Amboli route. Total distance of exactly 2000 kms.
3. Two legs of the trip were done at night.
4. Stayed in North Goa and didn't get to see Salaulim dam unlike the previous 3 trips! The whole trip was without an itinerary except for the travel dates.
5. Five full size adults traveled together in one car

While the plan had been brewing since the past several months, it was finally acted upon in July when we booked a place to stay and unanimously decided, it had to be a road trip in one car. Later, a friend's BIL was visiting him in August and he too tagged along.

On August 13th, I finished my office work and started off around 8:30PM. Picked up my friend and then we were off towards Hyderabad. Around 11PM near Chikkaballapur, we stopped by the road for some homemade aloo paratha that I got and some prawns that he got. Topped up some diesel into Coyote and resumed the journey. It was 6:30AM when we reached Lingampally. Slept for few hours, worked for next few hours and then we were ready for the next leg.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4636.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-23f9dbe1fe774f0aa0471cdec816486f.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4641.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4642.jpg

While the plan was to start by 8PM, one of us was stuck at office for long. Finally all 5 of us got together and started by 10:30PM. It was late and so we look the ORR and stopped at Patancheru for dinner. After some garlic naans, biryani and shawarmas were devoured, I topped up some diesel and then we were off towards Calangute.

The roads are not bad. But they are not good too. Broken patches, uneven concrete roads, unmarked roads and unmarked barricades don't make it a pleasant experience to drive on, especially at night. Switched drivers every couple of hours and took some breaks. Also 3 in the back seat isn't comfortable at all, all thanks to the contoured seats. One isn't comfortable unless you get one contour to yourself (SCross, Kicks and Thar - other cars in group wouldn't have fared any better).

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0456-1.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4655.jpg

It was 6AM by the time we had crossed Sangola and 8 when we crossed Chikodi. Spotted a beautiful lake near a hill top after crossing Chikodi and stopped there briefly
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4651collage.jpg

Had breakfast near Sulgaon - vada pav, misal pav, dosa, poha and chaha!
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0514collage.jpg

And then it started pouring heavily. As we neared Amboli, the visibility also came down
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4679collage.jpg

Another stop at Amboli falls which is right next to the road
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4693.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4698.jpg

And reached the resort in Calangute by 1PM, August 15th!
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4704.jpg

700 kms/12 hrs drive from Hyderabad
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4702.jpg

Given the long drive, we decided not to step out that day and spent time at the resort only.

Morning coffee with a view!
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0640collage.jpg

The next morning, after a healthy dose of Mangalore buns, Ross omlette, and vada pav at Cafe Anand, some of us retired to work. Others jumped in the pool. Around 3PM, all of us drove to Querim beach, a rather calm and secluded beach.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4725.jpg

After a tasty lunch at a shack, we spent the evening at beach enjoying the sunset hues. It was so peaceful that we never realized it was 8PM (late sunset on the west coast).

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4729.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-caf10a40ce464fec8b20a8bf64a06f89collage.jpg

Lone vehicle at the Querim beach when we left (shacks still had their owners to give us company)
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4754.jpg

Dinner was at Sungta by the Road, Morjim before driving back to the resort.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0898.jpg

It was 11:30PM already and one of us was too tired. So we left him to retire and rest 4 walked off to Baga beach which was 2 kms away. Even at midnight, we struggled to find space to walk. Traffic had piled up all through that 2km stretch, probably to get to Tito's. Spent few hours and had another dinner before walking back to the resort and retiring by 3:30AM.

Next day had to be lazy. So we ordered our breakfast to our rooms and enjoyed it on the grass lawns outside. After several hours of fooling around in the pool, we were hungry again. So got ready and walked off to Britto's.

It was 5:30PM and they were setting up the outdoor seating which we took up. By 9PM, tummies full, we were wondering what next? It was then that one of us remembered the deck of UNO cards that we had brought along. So we hurried but not missing out on some ice creams on the walk back.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4770collage.jpg

Ordered some more dinner and then started our war of cards. It was well past 1AM when we decided to call it a day. Next morning, we checked out by 9:30AM. That was an end to the wonderful Goa trip.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-1d735ea8b983440b8b2285e3f4a9f3eecollage.jpg

After some breakfast nearby, fueled the car and headed to the Mopa airport to drop one of us who was flying back to Hyderabad. The other two had booked bus tickets for the ride back to Hyd and were supposed to board from Panaji in the evening. They had a lot of time to kill and hence, got off at Panaji junction to explore the markets in the area until 5:30PM boarding. And the last two of us, took the Mollen - Anmod - Hubli route to Bangalore. Lunch break was at Ramnagar, at the exact same place that we visited in 2022 during the then Goa trip. I knew the traffic would be high given most people returning home after the long weekend but I had underestimated it.

Anmod ghat is beautiful and the roads are very much driveable for any kind of car. Beautiful coffee breaks!
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4796.jpg

It was 12PM when we left Panaji. I felt the tide was not in our favor on the return leg. Two of the railway crossing were down and we had to wait for the train to cross. In half of the toll gates we crossed, our lane had delays of few to several minutes. A shunt/pileup of 4 cars between Dharwad and Hubli had created a long queue of vehicles which took time to cross. I thought the worst was over when we hit Hubbali. But NO!

ETA of 11:55PM (which had further gone down to 11:30 before striking back with vengeance)
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4806.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4807.jpg

Nearing Chitradurga, we saw the ETA kept on increasing and that too significantly. Scrolled through the map and saw a big congestion before Sira. So I suggested we prepone our dinner break which might give time for the congestion to clear up. Stopped at a small dhaba a few kms before Sira. As we resumed, Google still showed a +9 min congestion. And it took us good 35 mins to crawl through that congestion. Turned out to be a diversion due to bridge work which created a bottleneck on the road.

An hour later and just before Tumkur, Google announced another congestion. This time it was more frank and claimed +47 min wait! And actually, it took us 68 mins to clear that spot. Again another diversion due to bridge work. In all, we must have idled for 2.5 hours waiting at various spots during the return trip. Dropped my friend and reached home by 2:30AM.

Never had I seen a double digit mins congestion until that day. ETA reached 2AM
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4817.jpg

Exactly an hour later, I was yet to hit the service road for diversion. Took me another 10 mins to finally make it across
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4821.jpg

Odo crossed 85k on the way. Exactly 2k kms from start to finish. 13 hrs 40 mins of drive time for 660 kms
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4824.jpg

Coyote badly needed a wash and I got it done at a FNG nearby
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_4845.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st August 2024 at 18:49.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks