Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:33   #451
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!

Arun - Great to see your red cherry in the pristine condition.

I really like Compass and scouting for a pre-owned model. Through my friend who works in FIAT, came across one 2018 Diesel Limited variant with 135k on the Odo, it's owned by FIAT and used by their executive. Maintained & Services thoroughly by FIAT. Per my friend, it's in good condition. I'll check the car & test drive on Sunday. Tires are changed at 120K and battery replaced a year back. My question is - 1) Is it worth to buy 135k mileage car even if it's in good condition 2) What kind of niggles/issues I can expect in the near future 3) What are parts that would need replacement/serviced in the immediate/near future 4) Yearly servicing cost

TIA
Vivek
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 07:53   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Arun - Great to see your red cherry in the pristine condition.
Thank You

Quote:

I really like Compass and scouting for a pre-owned model. Through my friend who works in FIAT, came across one 2018 Diesel Limited variant with 135k on the Odo, it's owned by FIAT and used by their executive. Maintained & Services thoroughly by FIAT. Per my friend, it's in good condition. I'll check the car & test drive on Sunday. Tires are changed at 120K and battery replaced a year back. My question is - 1) Is it worth to buy 135k mileage car even if it's in good condition 2) What kind of niggles/issues I can expect in the near future 3) What are parts that would need replacement/serviced in the immediate/near future 4) Yearly servicing cost

TIA
Vivek
I think it will a tricky decision to consider any car with 135K on odo in used market. Probably Toyota will be an exception. But yes if you know the owner and history of the car on how it was used then you can think about it. If possible, do a proper extensive test drive.

It would be nice if the car is still in extended warranty.

Check the clutch condition and the suspension, these two are big expense items. Look out for any sounds while driving on bad roads.

Annual service cost comes around 13-15K plus the Wheel Alignment/Balancing expense. Since it is already 135K on the odo, you will have to keep buffer for any big expense as well.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 23:27   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thank You

I think it will a tricky decision to consider any car with 135K on odo in used market. Probably Toyota will be an exception. But yes if you know the owner and history of the car on how it was used then you can think about it. If possible, do a proper extensive test drive.
Checked the car today. Maintained very well, specially the Interior is very good. Looks like 35K run Car instead of 135K. Coming to the driving dynamics, drove well. No unusual sound or vibration.

Car is maintained fully at ASS. Suspension & Clutch was replaced in the last year or so. Things look good. Only concern seems to be 135K on the odo. What do you suggest?

Asking price is 9.5 L. What should be the reasonable price?
Old 29th November 2023, 22:47   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Checked the car today. Maintained very well, specially the Interior is very good. Looks like 35K run Car instead of 135K. Coming to the driving dynamics, drove well. No unusual sound or vibration.

Car is maintained fully at ASS. Suspension & Clutch was replaced in the last year or so. Things look good. Only concern seems to be 135K on the odo. What do you suggest?

Asking price is 9.5 L. What should be the reasonable price?
Along with clutch, flywheel was also replaced? and was it a complete suspension overhaul?

Yes, 135K on the ODO is a concern when it comes from outside your network.

By any chance, does is still have Extended Warranty?
Old 4th December 2023, 18:16   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Drive (Jawai Leopard Trail)

Quote:
Rajasthan Drive:

Jeep India conducted a 3 day trail (Jawai Leopard Trail) in Rajasthan for Jeep owners. I decided to take part in this drive as I have not explored Rajasthan much. This event includes a visit to Kumbhalgarh Fort, Zipline experience, drive via forest routes, driving on the dry river beds, rock crawl on the leopard hill etc.
Here is the link to travelogue,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...-jeeplife.html (4332 Kms road-trip from Bangalore to Udaipur & Jawai in a Jeep Compass (#JeepLife))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver85 View Post
I am guessing a lot of TLC has gone into maintaining Scarlett to ensure she looks the way she looks!

Cheers Arun!
During the initial part of the ownership, I got the Ceramic coating done along with PPF on the bonnet, front bumpers and ORVMs. After this its just the water wash till date, I do this once in 30-40 days unless it is really required before that.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:22   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone 🎅 🎄

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-img20231225wa0053.jpg

And the ODO has crossed 1,35,000 Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-20231224_141855.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 10:58   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Experience with XtraGreen diesel, Mangalore Trip and Dent repair

ODO @ 1,35,000 Kms and my experience with XtraGreen diesel:

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20231227-6.39.45-pm.jpeg

Since the return drive from the Rajasthan trip, I have been using the XtraGreen diesel from IOCL. They claim that this diesel variant improves the noise level and fuel efficiency along with reduced carbon emissions. My last 4000 Kms+ is on the XtraGreen diesel, but I am not able to feel any improvement in the noise levels. Maybe the improvement is very minimal for me to pick it. There is an improvement in fuel efficiency though.

During my last drive to Nagercoil, I got 20.1 Kmpl which I have never gotten before. For a similar type of relaxed drive, I have got up to 18.5 Kmpl but 20 is something which I didn’t expect.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-es1.jpeg

This is the full trip detail (this include drives in traffic inside Nagercoil town as well)
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-es2.jpeg

If I look at my fuel data till date, the average FE on the highway before XtraGreen diesel (84000 Kms approx.) is 15.2 Kmpl. The average FE on the highway for the drives (4000 Kms approx.) with XtraGreen diesel is 16.42 Kmpl. So, this trend shows an increase in FE.

But seeing the mixed feedback about this diesel in the XtraGreen diesel thread, I am not sure on whether to continue with this variant or not.

Removing the Dent on the front left fender and repainting work @ PPS Motors:

As reported in the below post, there was a dent on the left fender due to a hit by an unknown vehicle when Scarlett was parked near the stadium in HSR layout. It happened 5 months ago and it has been bothering me ever since. So, I got this removed and repainted at PPS Motors two weeks back. The whole repair work cost 9k. From the looks of it, they have done a good job.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5582648

Pics after the dent removal and repainting work
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-dp1.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-dp2.jpeg

Bangalore – Mangalore drive in my friend’s Compass

This drive was to attend a function in Mangalore. We were 5 friends and we decided to go in my car. The day before the drive, I had filled the fuel and topped up the air pressure as well ready for the drive when my friend said he wanted to take his Compass. So, I had to ditch Scarlett for this drive as we wanted to carpool.

Compass seating is comfortable for 4 adults only, but we were 5 and with everyone’s agreement we took the chance of testing the rear seat with 3 adults [FONT=&quot]��[/FONT]

Our start from Bangalore was around 3:45am. We took the Mysore expressway with a planned stop at my friend’s place in Sullia. We also made random stops as we didn’t have deadline to reach the destination. On the way to Sullia, we stopped at two nice spots to take in the sights. One was Kaveri River near Kushalnagar and another was at a hanging bridge in Sullia.

During a tea/snack stop
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_1.jpeg

We stopped for breakfast at a KL type hotel neat Kushalnagar.
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_2.jpeg

Kaveri River near Kushalnagar
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_3a.jpeg

Hanging Bridge in Sullia
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_3.jpeg

My friends
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_4.jpeg

After multiple stops at Sullia, out next stop was at puttur as my friend had some work there. After his work got over, we proceeded towards Mangalore and reached there 1:30 PM.

Lunch at Cruise N Dine:

During all our previous trips to Mangalore, our preferred lunch/dinner place has always been Shetty Lunch Home. But this time we wanted to try a different place and so we went to Cruise N Dine. This hotel is in a parked boat on the backwaters. This place is known for its fish food. It didn’t disappoint us as the fish delicacies were very good. The location is excellent and you get a different kind of experience than the regular places. Also, has good parking space.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_5.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20231228-9.07.54-am.jpeg

Regular stop at Pabbas. We never miss an opportunity to visit Pabbas.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d1_6.jpeg

Day 2 breakfast @ Sri Krishna Vilasa. The breakfast was very good, and we tried most of the local delicacies. It’s worth trying this place for breakfast.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_1.jpeg

Tea stop at Kalladka
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_2.jpeg

Return drive (via Bisle ghat):

Initial plan was take the direct route via Shirady ghat. Everyone had different ideas, and we finally agreed to take the Madikeri – Mysore route. Even after this decision the discussion continued and at the end, we took the Bisle route. Some part before the cement section on the Bisle ghat were average, otherwise this route is good all through.

Bisle ghat road
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_3.jpeg

Ridge @ Mankanahalli village, this divides water into the east-flowing river (Hemavati) towards the Bay of Bengal or west-flowing (Netravati) into the Arabian Sea
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_4.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_5.jpeg

Somewhere on the Bisle ghat with my friends
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_6.jpeg

Some scenic location. We stopped here for some pics as it was just us on this route.
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d2_7.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-d3_8.jpeg

We joined the Mangalore – Bangalore highway near Ballupet. After this, it was the regular highway via Hassan.

Lunch stop was at Murali Military Hotel, nothing great about the food here. In fact, the mutton biryani was below average.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20231228-11.03.45-am.jpeg

Drive experience with 5 adults and a quick comparison with Scarlett:

With 3 adults in the rear, it was cramped. But, we adjusted and took frequent breaks to stretch our legs. I was behind the wheels for more than half of this drive. This Compass has done 50K Kms and after driving this I could feel that my clutch is on the harder side. Apart from this, I couldn’t find any difference. The acceleration, engine NVH, smoothness and all are same. This Compass is on 18inch wheels and so I was a bit more cautious on the bad roads.

Overall, it was a fun filled trip

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th December 2023 at 11:07.
arun_josie is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 22:25   #458
BHPian

Hi Arun Sir, I am looking for new tyres for my Compass. My current ones are stock Firestone 2018 manufactured. There is good amount of thread left, the odo is at 43k. The only reason I want to change is that they are almost 4 years old. They have become hard and I have noticed some stiffness in the ride quality in the past couple of months. I am just not sure if they will hold well for few more thousand kms. I actually wanted to change at 50k, but I have been using it very less.

I am looking at 2 options

Option 1: Goodyear AT's stock size
Option 2: Maxxis 235/65/R17

Any thoughts on any of the issues related to upsize? I understand there will be an impact on speedometer and minor drop in mileage. Any other issues or concerns?

How are your Goodyear AT's doing? Any change in the ride quality or pickup or mileage? I don't have any specific need for AT tyres, just for anesthetic purposes only. Or should I stick with HT tyres like Yokohama Earth 1?
Old 30th December 2023, 12:18   #459
BHPian

Re: Experience with XtraGreen diesel, Mangalore Trip and Dent repair

Great going, cool pictures!

Quote:

Since the return drive from the Rajasthan trip, I have been using the XtraGreen diesel from IOCL. They claim that this diesel variant improves the noise level and fuel efficiency along with reduced carbon emissions. My last 4000 Kms+ is on the XtraGreen diesel, but I am not able to feel any improvement in the noise levels. Maybe the improvement is very minimal for me to pick it. There is an improvement in fuel efficiency though.
I have been using XtraGreen on my Tucson and I see a great improvement in engine noise/grunt. In general Tucson is pretty silent, with XtraGreen it's even better. But I don't see a big improvement in fuel efficiency.
guruji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 19:05   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I am looking at 2 options

Option 1: Goodyear AT's stock size
Option 2: Maxxis 235/65/R17

Any thoughts on any of the issues related to upsize? I understand there will be an impact on speedometer and minor drop in mileage. Any other issues or concerns?

How are your Goodyear AT's doing? Any change in the ride quality or pickup or mileage? I don't have any specific need for AT tyres, just for anesthetic purposes only. Or should I stick with HT tyres like Yokohama Earth 1?
I have not done much research about upsize, but there are people who have moved to 235/65/R17 without any issues.

Regarding the options you have mentioned, Goodyear AT's are definitely better than the stock Firestones. Goodyear Silenttrack's are good on bad roads and decent for offroading as well. The noise level is on the higher side (at higher speeds) when compared to the softer HT tyres but on par with Firestones. Its good on wet roads as well.

If you are not looking at AT then you can check Continental AX6 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Great going, cool pictures!

I have been using XtraGreen on my Tucson and I see a great improvement in engine noise/grunt. In general Tucson is pretty silent, with XtraGreen it's even better. But I don't see a big improvement in fuel efficiency.
This is exact opposite impact when compared to my experience . Is it a BS4 Tucson or is it BS6?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 11:19   #461
ike
BHPian

Quote:

I like using Xtragreen diesel, my engine runs noticeably smoother with Xtragreen but there is no change in efficiency. I drive a Harrier, the same engine as your compass though mine is BS6.
Old 1st January 2024, 12:02   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I like using Xtragreen diesel, my engine runs noticeably smoother with Xtragreen but there is no change in efficiency. I drive a Harrier, the same engine as your compass though mine is BS6.
You guys use any diesel additive(liqui moly) along with Xtragreen diesel?
Old 2nd January 2024, 14:36   #463
BHPian

Quote:
This is exact opposite impact when compared to my experience . Is it a BS4 Tucson or is it BS6?
It's BS4 tucson.

Quote:
No, no additive is used with Xtragreen.
guruji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 14:23   #464

Quote:

Your car seems to be the bs4 diesel and the xtragreen fuel is bs6 diesel which has less sulphur and thus provides less lubrication and harms in the long run. I've returned to BP Diesel from the COCO pump and have been using Cetane-X as an add-on for Verna 1.6D 2018.
pratyush997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 21:32   #465
ike
BHPian

Quote:
No additives used with Xtragreen or regular diesel. Considering using some injector cleaner every 15k KMS going forward.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks