Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 21:57   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Maintenance Update: Wheel Alignment/Balancing, Pollution Check, Scheduled Service @ PPS Motors

Maintenance Update: Wheel Alignment/Balancing, Pollution Check and Scheduled Service @ PPS Motors

Wheel Alignment/Balancing at Madhus:

This was done a day before the service. This was just a regular scheduled check and there were no complaints. During the balancing they said that one tyre requires force matching, and this was done. However, after this force matching the TPMS on the tyre stopped working, it was very strange and they tried fixing it but couldn’t. After checking with the TPMS vendor (Sensairy), this sensor was replaced.

I had a 50% coupon which they had issued during one of the Jeep trails conducted by the Bangalore Jeep Club, so the bill came down to 1K this time.

Overall, it was a very good experience here.

When I reached their place it was raining very heavily and I didn't get out for few minutes. Thankfully the crowd was well managed and they allotted a bay for me immediately.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-6.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-7.jpeg

Pollution Check:

I got this done as well as it had expired. Now it is valid for one more year.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-8.jpeg

1,20,000 Km Service done @ 1,16,253 Km

It was 14K+ Kms since the last service and so I decided to get the service done little earlier. It’s the 1,20,000 Kms servicing done at 1,16,000 Kms.
As usual I booked the appointment with PPS/MPS Motors, Hosur road and was there by 9:00 AM on the day of the service. The job card was opened as soon as I arrived and an estimate of 13-14K was given for this service. I didn’t point out any issues as I had time constraints and decided to come another day for the issues as they were just minor issues.

Once the job card was opened, I was walking out to the lounge when I came across another Bhpian who had come there for some body work. So, I had some company while Scarlett was getting serviced.

These were the work done during this service,
Routine complete checkup / Underbody check
Engine Oil/Filter replacement
Fuel Filter replacement
AC filter
Brake Bleeding
Air Filter was ignored this time as I had replaced it recently.

The work got over by 12:00 PM and the bill came to 13,212/-

Here are few pics,

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-1.jpeg

The old oil being drained out

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-2.jpeg

Fresh new oil

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-3.jpeg

Now its good for another 15K Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-4.jpeg

After a wash

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-5.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20230512-8.48.41-pm.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 10:30   #422
BHPian

Re: Maintenance Update: Wheel Alignment/Balancing, Pollution Check, Scheduled Service @ PPS Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Pollution Check:

I got this done as well as it had expired. Now it is valid for one more year.
Just FYI, Pollution certificate is valid only for 6 months. The 1 year validity is only in the first year.

https://www.bajajallianz.com/blog/mo...-wheelers.html
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 14:39   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maintenance Update: Wheel Alignment/Balancing, Pollution Check, Scheduled Service @ PPS Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Just FYI, Pollution certificate is valid only for 6 months. The 1 year validity is only in the first year.

I hope you meant it for BS4 cars. BS6 ones get their PUC renewed for a year at a time.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 20:38   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Unexpected battery woes and Valparai trip

Unexpected battery woes and Valparai trip:

The stock Exide battery gave up after just 2 years and 1 month despite regular usage. This was something many Compass owners faced. So, when I replaced the battery, I moved to Amaron. Now again after 2 years and 1 month the battery has started throwing up issues. Last time the Exide battery died completely without any warnings but this time, the voltage on the MID started going below 10V.

The day before the Valparai trip, I was planning to refill the fuel and that is when I observed some hint of battery issue. But I was not very sure and by then it was 8:00 PM to check with the service center. So, before going to sleep, I checked the battery voltage again and it had come down to 10V. I tried starting and I was able to start and the voltage went up to 14. I did a short drive and parked it. The plan for next day was to start at 4am but with this issue I was prepared for a late start.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-1.jpeg

When I checked at 4:00 AM, the voltage was at 9.7 but I was able to start. Before starting it showed some random errors on the MID which is a symptom of battery issue. Since I had done the service only two days before this incident, I decided to get this checked at the Jeep service center in Coimbatore on the way to Valparai. They checked and told that this is a battery issue and asked me to check with Amaron service as the battery is still under warranty period.

Amaron shop was only 3Kms away from the Jeep service center. They checked and told that the water level is high and hence the charge is dropping. So, they removed the extra water and said this battery will require a complete recharge. But since I didn’t have time for that, they asked me to proceed and gave me the contact details of their shop in Pollachi which is closer to Valparai. After this, there are no issues except the morning starts(on two days) which required two attempts.

I am back to Bangalore now and raised a ticket with Amaron. The morning start today went without a glitch with the voltage staying above 12 and after start it went to 14.2. So, I really don’t know if the issue resolved after removing the extra water or not. I will monitor this for next few days and will get it checked with Amaron guys as well.

Apart from this battery issue, the drive was fantastic throughout. Thankfully it was not much crowded in Valparai. Some roads are very narrow which caused traffic jams but apart from this the roads are very good. Overall, it was a very nice trip. The travelogue will happen soon when I get some time to write one.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-2.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-3.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-4.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-5.jpeg

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up. I remember asking this guy last time and he said for vehicles manufactured from 2018, the validity is one year. I will get this verified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I hope you meant it for BS4 cars. BS6 ones get their PUC renewed for a year at a time.
Maybe the PUC guy mistook mine for BS6.

Last edited by arun_josie : 16th May 2023 at 20:42.
arun_josie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 15:52   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!

Hi Arun, what is the change interval for Gear oil/Manual Tranmission oil in Jeep Compass?
Old 18th May 2023, 17:58   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi Arun, what is the change interval for Gear oil/Manual Tranmission oil in Jeep Compass?
As per the maintenance schedule, it is only check/top-up when required.
Old 18th May 2023, 23:05   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Just FYI, Pollution certificate is valid only for 6 months. The 1 year
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
For BS IV & beyond vehicles, PUC validity is for 1 year. For BS III & older vehicles, it's 6 months. Attaching herewith the PUC copy of my 2019 Polo TDi:
Attached Thumbnails
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-screenshot_20230518_230232_drive.jpg  

chiranjitp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 08:53   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unexpected battery woes and Valparai trip

Battery Update:

Amaron took the battery and charged it for 48 hours. For now, it looks good. If this issue reoccurs, they will replace the battery.

As per them the specific gravity is normal after this recharge.

Quote:
The travelogue will happen soon when I get some time to write one.
Here is my travelogue, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...now-point.html (Valparai Story - A farmstay in a tea estate, Nallamudi viewpoint, Sholayar Dam, Thalanar Snow point)
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 22:41   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Battery replacement under warranty

Battery update - Battery replaced under warranty:

The 48 hours recharge of the battery didn't work as expected and the charge started going down after 2 days. So, I updated the amaron technician about the same and they replaced the battery under warranty immediately.

Here is the life of the batteries so far,
  1. The stock Exide battery - 2 years and 26 days (62,930 Kms)
  2. The replaced Amaron battery - 2 years and 25 days (54,434 Kms)
I thought Amaron will last longer than Exide, but it fell short by one day.

Now the warranty will continue for one more year as the overall warranty for free replacement is 3 years. Beyond that the replacement will be on
pro-rata basis.

When the issue started showing-up again

The new one getting replaced is a April, 2023 manufactured battery

After the replacement, the voltage is back above 12 and once started it goes up till 14.2

arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 18:05   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Solo drive to Udupi and return on the same day

Solo drive to Udupi and return on the same day:

There was a function to attend in Barkur which is located 20 Kms from Udupi and 420+ Kms from Bangalore. Since I didn’t want to take two days off from work, I decided to attend the function and return on the same day. And for same day return, it would be good to take a faster route even if its longer. So, I checked with our route expert paragsachania for the routes. He suggested Charmadi - Belthangady - Karkala - Padubidre – Udupi – Barkur, this route is around 440 Kms.

I started by 3:30 AM from home and hit the NICE road in no time. From then onwards, I maintained the speed around 110-120Kmph. My first stop was at Charmadi ghat. I stopped here for 10 minutes and just enjoyed the scenic view and tried to click some pics of Scarlett, I couldn’t get any nice angle though.

From Belthangady, I took right towards Karkala. I drove on this stretch for the first time, and it was very good. The roads were wide enough to maintain decent speeds. From Karkala I took the route via Padubidri, I had taken this stretch before while driving from Kudremukh to Mangalore. This stretch was very nice too.

Once I hit the Mangalore – Udupi highway, I started looking for a COCO or a good fuel station and thankfully I saw a BPCL Coco @ Muloor. So, refueled here and drove to Barkur.

It took 6 hours and 15 minutes to reach Barkur.

During the return, I took the Manipal route and then touched Karkala. Some part of this route is average with some road work going on. This took around 9 hours as I was driving along with another friend who was driving with his family, and we did multiple stops. Started from Barkur at 3pm and reached home in Bangalore by 11:50 PM.

We stopped at Charmadi for some pics. Then a stop at Ibbani Cafe, Halike for some nice coffee and a stop at Empire for dinner.

Overall, it was a very nice drive and I enjoyed it. Especially during the onward drive, there was not much traffic on the Charmadi ghat and this being a solo drive, there was no need to be worried about co-passengers while driving on those curvy sections. Even the road from Belthangady - Karkala – Padubidre were fun to drive.

Curvy roads on the ghat section

Some nice wide stretches on the Belthangady - Karkala route

This is on the Karkala - Padubidre stetch

This was during the return when we took the Manipal route

Awesome view from the Ghats

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-6.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-6a.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-jcs.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-jcs2.jpeg

ODO @ 1,19,000 Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-8.jpeg

Overall trip details (almost 900 Kms)

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-9.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 22:12   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

General Checkup + C-Mount, Wipers and Air-Filter Replaced

Got a dent when parked on the road:

I am not sure where exactly this happened but spotted this dent later after moving from the spot of the incident. It was quite bad in such a way that the left side fender had moved towards the door and both were making contact while opening/closing the door. PPS guys helped to pull back the fender and also to a certain level they removed the dent by pushing from inside. I am yet to get it fixed completely. As per the service center guys, its either replacement or removing the dent and repainting.

General Check-up:

An unexpected long drive came-up and then got postponed at the last minute. I got a general checkup done in anticipation of this drive and replaced the below parts.

C-Mount Replacement:

During the last 2-3 weeks I was feeling some abnormal vibration on the steering while idling and even when starting the car. I had a doubt on the C-Mount as during one the drive to Mangalore recently, I went over a speed breaker at good speed. Most probably it would have got some damage then and later became worse. During this general checkup, the technician found a crack on this mount. So, I got this replaced.

After replacement those abnormal vibrations have disappeared.

This costed 14,000/- (Approx)

Moved back to the OEM Wipers:

After trying out the Bosch wipers, I wanted to try Valeo wipers but due to time constraint, I moved back to the OEM ones as this is no match to the cheaper Bosch. OEM is very expensive, but the quality of these wipers are leagues ahead and also gives a better life.

This costed 5,500/-

Air-Filter:
I got the air-filter replaced as this was not replaced during the last service.

Overall bill came to 21,000/-

Wheel Alignment/Wheel Balancing @ Madhus:

It was only 3K Kms since the last WA/WB, but I decided to get this done as well.

And finally a wash . ODO will hit 1,20,000 Kms any time

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-7.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 23:03   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: General Checkup + C-Mount, Wipers and Air-Filter Replaced

The ODO at 1,20,000 Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-odo.jpeg

The mud guard on the front right broke when it hit a big stone while reversing, so got it replaced.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-mud-flap.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 14:30   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

MH Monsoon Drive - 2023

Another awesome monsoon drive to coastal part of Maharashtra and some nice scenic sexy roads on the western ghats. It rained heavily throughout this drive in which we covered over 2000 Kms. The drive, the food, the talks over walkie-talkie, getting drenched in rains, the evening get-together at the beach resort were all fun-filled and a memorable one. These monsoon drives have their unique flavor and we are already looking forward for the next one.

More details coming in the travelogue by paragsachania.

For now, here are few pics,

Overall trip details. ODO has crossed 1,22,000 Kms too
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t0.jpeg

Drone shot - Drive along the seaside
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t2.jpeg

Parked at one of our breakfast place
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t3.jpeg

An unexpected ferry ride

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t4.jpeg

Scarlett on the wet tarmac

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t5.jpg

Driving along the mountain ranges covered in green carpet
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-16.jpg

Two other Red Jeeps were in this convoy as well

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t6.jpeg

Scenic sea view parking :-)
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-t7.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:51   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc7 View Post
May I please know what was the reason for clutch replacement at 20k kms?
Replaced in warranty for almost all early 2017 models
deepakdsz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 22:33   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MH Monsoon Drive - 2023

Quote:
Another awesome monsoon drive to coastal part of Maharashtra and some nice scenic sexy roads on the western ghats. It rained heavily throughout this drive in which we covered over 2000 Kms. The drive, the food, the talks over walkie-talkie, getting drenched in rains, the evening get-together at the beach resort were all fun-filled and a memorable one. These monsoon drives have their unique flavor and we are already looking forward for the next one.

More details coming in the travelogue by paragsachania.
Here is the travelogue of our Monsoon Drive,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ve-2023-a.html (When 17 cars get drenched in the rains | 2000 km journey to the Konkan coast | Monsoon Drive 2023)

Other Updates:

I had a rusting issue on the driver side door, it was on the bottom of the door. I got this fixed at PPS.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,50,000 km up!-1.jpg

There is a mild humming sound coming on the steering while turning extreme left/right, I have reported this and will get this checked during the next service.

The frequency of the Dashboard rattling issue has increased, earlier this was very intermittent. This is another item for the next service.

Meanwhile ODO has crossed 1,23,000 Kms

Few more pics

arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks