Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheel_kainat View Post
@ciddharth - Are the spares available from Maruti Service Center or are you procuring from outside? Is there any delay in availability?
Sincere apologies for the late reply! Have been tied up with work commitments. All spare parts are available at the Maruti Service center. They are readily available with little wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Just got my 2012 Vxi delivered last Saturday. .

- Can you suggest how I can ensure that the car is in top shape, should that be through the MASS or some well known Maruti mechs
- I have never used a petrol car before - so would need you help in maintenance suggestions as well.
- It looks like there is a leak in the suspension fluid on Front LH, the whole assembly might need a replacement approx 2.5K

Thanks
-
Congratulations on your new purchase! Hope your wife is coping well driving the A-Star. Apologies for the late response.

As the car is our of warranty, general servicing can be done at a local mechanic experienced with Maruti cars. Major repairs must be taken to MASS.

You must do the replacement of the aforementioned components required for the front LH. My vehicle also had a clanking noise from the same front LH, but now it has been many years since replacement and it does not recur.

The car is mostly trouble free and while I don't recommend - is abuse friendly.

Last edited by Samurai : 25th September 2019 at 14:56. Reason: b2b posts
ciddharth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 14:45   #32
BHPian

Re: 10 years with a Maruti A-Star

A parting shot of my A-Star alongside its sibling the Creta. The aforementioned car has been sold recently! It was sold abruptly with a major need to upgrade. The thread can be closed if found appropriate by the moderators. Here is a link to my next replacement. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-jazz-cvt.html (Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT)

Thank you to all the fellow A-Star mates for all the discussions and support here!
10 years with a Maruti A-Star-img0682.jpg
ciddharth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 07:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
A parting shot of my A-Star alongside its sibling the Creta. The aforementioned car has been sold recently! It was sold abruptly with a major need to upgrade.
Sad to see you sold it off!

Anyway, i came back to this thread for a reference picture of the interior rear view mirror. Can anyone please provide a sideview picture of the rear view mirror.

I recently had to change my windshield and after the change, all is good except for the rear view mirror which is shaking excessively on bumpy roads. If i remember correctly there was a support on the windshield as well for the mirror which seems to be missed after the replacement. Need a picture to refer and rectify.
Old 28th February 2020, 12:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Sad to see you sold it off!

... anyone please provide a sideview picture of the rear view mirror.

... except for the rear view mirror which is shaking excessively on bumpy roads. If i remember correctly there was a support on the windshield .
There's a support piece like you said.
Attached Thumbnails
10 years with a Maruti A-Star-astar-mirror-rv.jpg  

mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:32   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
I recently had to change my windshield and after the change, all is good except for the rear view mirror which is shaking excessively on bumpy roads. If i remember correctly there was a support on the windshield as well for the mirror which seems to be missed after the replacement. Need a picture to refer and rectify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
That support piece not only helps reduce the vibrations on the mirror but also supports the plastic frame while adjusting the mirror else it might break. Get that in place ASAP.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:47   #36
BHPian

Yes, I clearly remember there was a support piece as depicted by mvadg. I made a quick sketch before. Infact, I went around the office parking lot to hunt for an A Star and was closely observing IRVMs. Most manufacturers have mounted on the glass or have the pivot attachment directly fixed.

Only the new gen Alto K10 has a similar setup like the A Star
Attached Thumbnails
10 years with a Maruti A-Star-new-doc-20200228-12.37.52_1.jpg  

ciddharth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 14:02   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

That rubber thing is easy to misplace and while there is a part for replacement, it's not always readily available/not everyone is aware of it.

A quicker cheaper workaround is finding a petrol pipe of roughly same dia and cutting the required length(roughly an inch) from it. Works just as good.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 14:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That support piece not only helps reduce the vibrations on the mirror but also supports the plastic frame while adjusting the mirror else it might break. Get that in place ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Yes, I clearly remember there was a support piece as depicted by mvadg. I made a quick sketch before. Infact, I went around the office parking lot to hunt for an A Star and was closely observing IRVMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
That rubber thing is easy to misplace and while there is a part for replacement, it's not always readily available/not everyone is aware of it.

A quicker cheaper workaround is finding a petrol pipe of roughly same dia and cutting the required length(roughly an inch) from it. Works just as good.
Thanks a lot everyone. Guess what MASS had kept that rubber piece in my glovebox and I threw it off just few minutes back after waxing and cleaning my car unable to understand what it is for.
Then I come back and check this thread. Took me 10minutes of rummaging through the dust bin to find that rubber piece. It's now back to where it belongs. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by saion666 : 1st March 2020 at 14:17.
saion666 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 03:23   #39
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPian. Need some help. My colleague's car got damaged due to a wall collapse on it during the recent hailstorm in Hyderabad a couple weeks ago. Due to extensive damage to the body insurance provider wanted to settle for total damage however we decided to get the car repaired at our own cost. Since the car is out of production since 2013 we are not able to find the body parts. We are in need of the bonnet, LH Fender and the LH door. Any leads will be greatly appreciated. I am based out of Hyderabad but okay to pay for shipping from any state to get them. I appreciate your time and attention.
Old 6th November 2023, 15:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post
Hello fellow BHPian. Need some help. My colleague's car got damaged due to a wall collapse on it during the recent hailstorm in Hyderabad a couple weeks ago, Since the car is out of production since 2013 we are not able to find the body parts. We are in need of the bonnet, LH Fender and the LH door. Any leads will be greatly appreciated. I am based out of Hyderabad but okay to pay for shipping from any state to get them. I appreciate your time and attention.
Hi, you can check for the parts on Boodmo app. They list all parts and have them shipped across the country. I have used Boodmo to order some Maruti original child parts as Maruti ASS are reluctant to replace child parts and want to replace the whole assembly at a much higher price and lesser investment of their technician's time. Hope that helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks