Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2024, 22:10   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post

Another Casual Morning Solo

Fantastic roads, fantastic pictures and fantastic car!
Solo drives are like therapy, the "me-time" where it is just the man and the machine.

Apparently I have been looking at F30 LCIs in the used market for quite some time. Just need that yearly bonus, a raise and some confidence
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 06:12   #482
Senior - BHPian

Re: Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!

Nice pics.

There have been a lot of sightings of leopards, cheetahs and even tigers all over Tamil Nadu - mainly in wooded terrain. Do be careful about leaving your car and taking pics in such deserted areas when you are alone.

The article below is about Coonoor, but pretty
much applies to all wooded / forest terrain in Tamilnadu.

https://flip.it/TpdYtq
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 21:51   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Fantastic roads, fantastic pictures and fantastic car!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Solo drives are like therapy, the "me-time" where it is just the man and the machine.
True. That is why I love solo drives so much!

Quote:
Apparently I have been looking at F30 LCIs in the used market for quite some time. Just need that yearly bonus, a raise and some confidence
All the best for your search. F30 LCI is a nice car, especially if you find a relatively newer one in top condition. F30 does feel outdated compared to G20, and G20 certainly is much better than F30. However, keeping aside that comparison with G20, F30 is still a good car in its own right. It is a great highway tourer and offers exceptional ride comfort and quite good handling too (although not as sharp as the G20). Overall, it is a great combination of good handling and comfortable ride for Indian roads. And these cars are extremely reliable too. My F30 has proven to be more reliable than any other car I have owned, including a a Maruti SX4, and certainly more reliable than my current other car, a Thar 4x4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
There have been a lot of sightings of leopards, cheetahs and even tigers all over Tamil Nadu - mainly in wooded terrain. Do be careful about leaving your car and taking pics in such deserted areas when you are alone.
Thank you for that warning. Yes you have a very valid point. I will be very careful in future! Thanks again!
Dr.AD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 14:41   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Short Drive to "Mekedatu Sangama"

A few days ago, did a short drive to a beautiful river location called "Mekedatu Sangama View Point" (location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/p6A6ARQL6NXKDKgk7) on the outskirts of Bangalore. This place is about 100km from my home, and with a couple of photo stops on the way, took about 2 hours to reach there.

I stopped at a couple of hillside view points along the way, and took some car photos there. The weather was fantastic, and the light was also perfect for car photography.

Car photography with hills in the background:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu4.jpg

The weather and the light was good, and this was a fun photoshoot:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu2.jpg

One more car photo:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu22.jpg

Fantastic roads leading to Mekedatu:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu12.jpg

And then lovely forest roads in the end:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu5.jpg

The Sangama point (the water level was too high now, submerging all the rocks and stones; else the view looks much better when the rocks are exposed and water flows around the rocks):
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu6.jpg

One shot around the trees there (with water flowing above the usual level):
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu7.jpg

Spotted some nice cactus on the side of the road:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu8.jpg

Parting shot on the awesome road there:
Red-Hot BMW: Story of my pre-owned BMW 320d Sport Line (F30 LCI). EDIT: 90,000 kms up!-mekadatu11.jpg

Overall, it was a nice drive of about 4 hours and 200km total. Good roads, good weather and scenic locations. And yes, a good car too! What more can we ask for on a relaxed weekend afternoon?

Last edited by Dr.AD : 4th September 2024 at 14:51.
Dr.AD is online now   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks