Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2024, 19:24   #541
BHPian

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

BMW does have transmission oil service in their CBS but it will only show in iDrive once it meets their age and mileage criteria.
Old 21st August 2024, 05:15   #542
Team-BHP Support

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

It has been quite some time since I have updated this thread.

Over the past 6 years, the car had accumulated several scratches in the front and rear bumpers and the running board. Recently, I got all of these fixed and got a full detailing session done for the car.

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-detailing-1.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-detailing-2.jpg

After the detailing, the car looks as good as new

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-detailing-3.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-detailing-4.jpg

I had to go to Decathlon a couple of days back and found an empty parking lot. Not wanting to miss the opportunity, did a small photoshoot.

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a8389.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a8390.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a8392.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a8394.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a8395.jpg

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-387a8397.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 27th August 2024 at 06:54.
graaja is online now   (37) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 20:25   #543
BHPian

I was very surprised to see your car up for sale on the classifieds. What prompted this?
I was also surprised to read that you had picked up a Fortuner, in one of Dr.AD's travelogues.
TheGearBox is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 20:21   #544

Hey there!
I am also looking for the same for my car. I am also currently in Coimbatore, where did you get your car detailed? Could you also share the cost break up if possible?
TIA

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th August 2024 at 20:30. Reason: typos fixed
Old 26th August 2024, 22:20   #545

Hey @graaja,

Beautiful car you've got there. Same question as DasAutoFanatic. What's the cost break up for the detailing you got done. I have an Octavia, 3 years old but already 60k done and these 60k in Delhi traffic has taken its toll. I am also thinking of getting some treatment done but haven't been able to finalize what exactly I should get done.

Another question, any way to renew seat covers? I can't get new seat covers because of air bags but I don't like the original seat covers. Any ideas what I can do?
Old 26th August 2024, 22:31   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
I was very surprised to see your car up for sale on the classifieds. What prompted this?
I was also surprised to read that you had picked up a Fortuner, in one of Dr.AD's travelogues.
On a lighter note, your post has the question as well as the answer to the question.

I will let Graaja of course do the honors with the detailed explanation.

@Graaja: I have the same Q as the folks above - the ballpark cost break up please of a detailing that can yield that result.
Old 27th August 2024, 01:53   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAutoFanatic View Post
Hey there!
I am also looking for the same for my car. I am also currently in Coimbatore, where did you get your car detailed? Could you also share the cost break up if possible?
TIA
Looks like - NEXTGEN AUTO SHOP . I am also planning to drop by at this shop to see what can be done for the scross.

Like the rest, I also want to know the cost of the detailing and what steps were performed.
Old 27th August 2024, 05:06   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
As it is already 6.5 years with the GT, I thought this is the time to change the car.

Though I have taken the GT to remote locations and have taken it through some bad non-existent roads, and have thoroughly enjoyed this experience, I had to still avoid several routes (like the Pangong Tso to Hanle road, or some roads in Meghalaya) which the GT would not have made.

Also, the lack of service centers for BMW in the North and Northeast beyond Chandigarh or Kolkatta added to the risk factor on these road trips.

So, I was looking for a car that can go anywhere, is highly reliable and has a good service network, has enough cargo space for all my astro equipment, and can take the family too in relative comfort. Fortuner is the only car that ticked all the boxes. I will write a detailed ownership report on the Fortuner in a few weeks and explain this in more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAutoFanatic View Post
Hey there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankmacha View Post
What's the cost break up for the detailing you got done.

Another question, any way to renew seat covers? I can't get new seat covers because of air bags but I don't like the original seat covers. Any ideas what I can do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
@Graaja: I have the same Q as the folks above - the ballpark cost break up please of a detailing that can yield that result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Looks like - NEXTGEN AUTO SHOP. Like the rest, I also want to know the cost of the detailing and what steps were performed.
Hi all, as govigov rightly mentioned, I got the car detailed at NEXTGEN Autoshop on Avinashi road. I got the "3M paint sealant and advanced polish" treatment done on the car. Cost me about 12K. They do a polish with a rubbing compound to remove all the swirl marks, and then seal this with a layer of wax which gives that deep color and enhances the glossiness.

There is also another treatment called Trizact which costs about 15K which is a little more advanced. This can be done when the swirl marks on the paint are a little strong. As my car was in decent shape, I opted for the former.

They did a fantastic job with the detailing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankmacha View Post
The best way would be to get some interior treatment done at 3M or any reputed detailing shop. I think these days some vendors make seat covers for cars with seat airbags too. But this will have to be done by some reputed vendor. I personally would avoid getting seat covers done for cars with seat airbags.
graaja is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 11:31   #549

For those interested, Saddles India in Bangalore is known for having proper machines that support airbags etc. They also do/did OEM seats for Kia, but also sell direct to customers. Decent reviews.

@graaja Car looks nice as ever. Your thread also played a major part in me picking up a very similar car used recently.
Attached Thumbnails
A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-img20240827wa0008.jpg  

A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up-img20240827wa0012.jpg  

Jgill is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 15:00   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill View Post
@graaja Car looks nice as ever. Your thread also played a major part in me picking up a very similar car used recently.
Congrats, out of curiosity, was this the same car, that was registered to a software company and based in Kochi for a while?
Old 27th August 2024, 17:53   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Congrats, out of curiosity, was this the same car, that was registered to a software company and based in Kochi for a while?
Don't know about Kochi. This is a KA03 that was on lease (avis) to a company in Blr itself.

PS: we have met. This is when I was getting my jetta remapped at EE and you were TDing Jags with Viddy before you got the q3.
Old 27th August 2024, 20:10   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill View Post
Don't know about Kochi. This is a KA03 that was on lease (avis) to a company in Blr itself.

PS: we have met. This is when I was getting my jetta remapped at EE and you were TDing Jags with Viddy before you got the q3.
Ah yes, I recollect you had a services background or something like that
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks