Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2024, 05:14   #526
BHPian

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Also, it looks like they are brining extended warranty packages beyond 6th year and also for lapsed warranties. Awaiting pricing details. If pricing is nominal, I may extend the warranty for my 3GT for 7th and 8th years too.
They have already had the used car extended warranty package available for purchase for the past few months, and it has the same coverage as the new car BRI, with Bajaj Allianz being the carrier. The prices, and I checked a couple of months ago for my buddy's 3GT, were prohibitively expensive for years 7 and beyond. Your local BMW dealer should have the latest prices for this.

Last edited by navin : 28th May 2024 at 05:54. Reason: grammar
jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 01:05   #527
BHPian

Hello everyone, need advice on replacement tyres

Am back once again after a 2 year sabbatical from TeamBHP

My 330i M shadow sport tyres are due for a replacement, the sedan comes with rear 255/40/R18 and front 225/45/R18 staggered set up and currently fitted with Goodyear’s.

I am looking at road holding as I am a bit of a speed enthusiast and road conditions in Goa are pathetic and take knocks of speed breakers galore

I have been offered the following: Pirelli Cinturato p7 at 18500 + 25500 each as the set.
Would love advise on the Pirelli as they have been shied from in many threads or are they suitable?

As usual Goa disappoints on tyre supplies can’t seem to get Michelin’s or Conti's or Yoko’s but am offered cheap Korean alternative therefore am requesting someone kindly PM me or suggest a reliable supplier outside of Goa whom I can contact and can safely get a range of tyres shipped to me.

Thanks

Quote:
A Weekend Trip to Wayanad Contd...

Karapuzha Dam
As usual you have excelled in your travelogue and exploits.

Returning back to the forum after nearly 3 years and catching up on this thread I am in awe at your consistency of not only keeping the thread lively but offering experienced advise.

It's feels so good especially the astrophoto post

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd July 2024 at 09:25. Reason: Merging consecutive posts - please avoid submitting back-to-back posts. Use the 30 minute window to EDIT and QUOTE instead of posting consecutively!
Old 2nd July 2024, 09:47   #528
Senior - BHPian

Re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsi View Post
My 330i M shadow sport tyres are due for a replacement.

I have been offered the following: Pirelli Cinturato p7 at 18500 + 25500 each as the set.
Would love advise on the Pirelli as they have been shied from in many threads or are they suitable?

As usual Goa disappoints on tyre supplies can’t seem to get Michelin’s or Conti's or Yoko’s but am offered cheap Korean alternative therefore am requesting someone kindly PM me or suggest a reliable supplier outside of Goa whom I can contact and can safely get a range of tyres shipped to me.
Hello. I’ve had Pirelli’s on two different cars ( a Jetta and a 328i) and I think they’re too soft, and prone to bubbling if you hit a pothole or sharp road surface hard. This happened with me on a Jetta with 16 inch wheels and the BMW with 245/40/18 tyres.

I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s because like you, I too enjoy pushing the car every now and then. You’ll be glad to know I had zero issues with Michelin’s over some 3-4 years with them, driving all over Maharashtra and Goa. Get them over anything else, and certainly over any Korean tyres. Don’t cheap out on tyres.

You can try sourcing the tyres from Saifee or Pal in Mumbai (Saifee tyres - 9833491131; Pal Tyres - 9820106242) or from Madhu’s in Bangalore, whose number I unfortunately don’t have.

Happy driving.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 01:09   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Hello. I’ve had Pirelli’s on two different cars
I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s...try sourcing the tyres from Madhu’s in Bangalore, whose number I unfortunately don’t have.
Thank you so much for the leads in Mumbai. I have asked my garage who'll carry out the WA, WB and fitting to get in touch with them.
Apparently found out Madhu's in Bangalore is owned by @Nikhilb2008 a Distinguished - BHPian with a branch at Wilson Garden, the phone no is +91 96118 88893 which may prove useful to others
ramsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 10:21   #530
BHPian

The roads in Bangalore are no less and for that same reason when I replaced the tyres on my 330i Msports Shadow, this time I went with a slight upzise. I got 225/50 and 255/45 vredesteins for the front and rear respectively. Have driven it approximately 2k so far and the tyre doesn't kiss the inner wheel well nor does it scrape the fenders even when 4 ppl in the car, not to mention the additional comfort that it provides over the stock tyre setup!

Quote:
Hello everyone, need advice on replacement tyres

Am back once again after a 2 year sabbatical from TeamBHP

My 330i M shadow sport tyres are due for a replacement, the sedan comes with rear 255/40/R18 and front 225/45/R18 staggered set up and currently fitted with Goodyear’s.

I am looking at road holding as I am a bit of a speed enthusiast and road conditions in Goa are pathetic and take knocks of speed breakers galore

Thanks

As usual you have excelled in your travelogue and exploits.

Returning back to the forum after nearly 3 years and catching up on this thread I am in awe at your consistency of not only keeping the thread lively but offering experienced advise.

It's feels so good especially the astrophoto post
ssjr0498 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 10:57   #531
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
The roads in Bangalore are no less and for that same reason when I replaced the tyres on my 330i Msports Shadow, this time I went with a slight upzise. I got 225/50 and 255/45 vredesteins for the front and rear respectively. Have driven it approximately 2k so far and the tyre doesn't kiss the inner wheel well nor does it scrape the fenders even when 4 ppl in the car, not to mention the additional comfort that it provides over the stock tyre setup!
One issue with this upsizing is the error on the circumference. Between 225/45/18 and 225/50/18, the error is 3.5%. For the rear tires, the error is even higher at 3.8%

Safety systems like ESC, ABS etc. are programmed with the tire profile. An error in the circumference will affect the operation of these systems.

This will also affect your speedometer. When the speedometer is showing 100kph, the actual speed will be 103kph. Keep this in mind when setting the speed to stay below speed limits.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 13:49   #532
BHPian

Quote:
One issue with this upsizing is the error on the circumference...

Safety systems like ESC, ABS etc. are programmed with the tire profile. An error in the circumference will affect the operation of these systems.

Keep this in mind when setting the speed to stay below speed limits.
@Graaja Thansk, as usual your attention to detail is exemplary and so welcome. Me not being such an expert this heads-up is a lifesaver.

Because of my driving style I'd rather stick to the specs as the functioning electronic system operation is paramount for safety reasons.

Since you've covered 100K in your car and having experienced a number of tyre changes, despite my preference being Michelin's there has been mention of vredesteins a brand which I know nothing about.

Therefore apart from Michelin can you suggest another brand I can go with the main criteria being grip and handling potholes in order of reliability.
Old 5th July 2024, 15:17   #533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Therefore apart from Michelin can you suggest another brand I can go with the main criteria being grip and handling potholes in order of reliability.
After I switched over to tubeless, I have tried both Yokohama Advan v105 and Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. I like both of these for their balance between grip and comfort. I would suggest you check these out.
Old 5th July 2024, 20:04   #534
BHPian

Spot on Ganesh, but had no option, got stuck in a way where no one in Delhi had the right sizes. Was short of time so had to go for this. The ride from Delhi was very smooth compared to the normal bone jarring one.

Also, always wanted to ask you, but forgot, did you get transmission oil and filter changed, now that you have covered 1L kms?

Cheers,
Shrey

Quote:
One issue with this upsizing is the error on the circumference. Between 225/45/18 and 225/50/18, the error is 3.5%. For the rear tires, the error is even higher at 3.8%

This will also affect your speedometer. When the speedometer is showing 100kph, the actual speed will be 103kph. Keep this in mind when setting the speed to stay below speed limits.
Old 5th July 2024, 20:11   #535
BHPian

My X1 X-drive Msport has Michelin's all around and so did the 3, but the Vredesteins are holding good. I would not rate them as good as the Michelins, but for the price they come for, they are damn good.

The prices are so lucrative that I plan on switching to Vred's on my Jetta also, which is currently running PS4's all around.

My two cents!!

Quote:
@Graaja Thansk, as usual your attention to detail is exemplary and so welcome. Me not being such an expert this heads-up is a lifesaver.

Because of my driving style I'd rather stick to the specs as the functioning electronic system operation is paramount for safety reasons.

Since you've covered 100K in your car and having experienced a number of tyre changes, despite my preference being Michelin's there has been mention of vredesteins a brand which I know nothing about.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 5th July 2024 at 20:14.
Old 5th July 2024, 20:36   #536
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, always wanted to ask you, but forgot, did you get transmission oil and filter changed, now that you have covered 1L kms?
No. Did not change the transmission oil. As the car was under BSI, I got all the services as and when I got notifications on iDrive. Did not do anything outside this scheduled service. Will have to check with BMW service guys on transmission oil change.

Last edited by graaja : 6th July 2024 at 06:17.
graaja is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 15:34   #537
BHPian

This will never show up on the i-drive! Also, BMW, will never change the transmission oil and transmission oil filter, because, as per them the transmission oil is sealed for life. As a matter of fact, even if you push them, they wont do it as (afaik) they do not have a job code for it. However, as per ZF, the service interval for the ZF8 is 60k miles, which is 96k kms!

I have changed it on my 330i and trust me the it was worth the change! I would recommend you to do it, as the oil that came out of mine was filthy!

Quote:
No. Did not change the transmission oil. As the car was under BSI, I got all the services as and when I got notifications on iDrive. Did not do anything outside this scheduled service. Will have to check with BMW service guys on transmission oil change.
ssjr0498 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:53   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Refer this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5692677 (Power corrupts | My BMW X3 xDrive30d M Sport | 8 years & 92,000 kms update)

Quote:
xxx even if you push them, they wont do it as (afaik) they do not have a job code for it. Xxxx
They did for santoshbhat’s X3 30d.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 19:07   #539
BHPian

Just wow! Intelligent beings at Deutsche Motoren Faridabad refused flatly. I am glad they do this elsewhere! Would you know if the filter was also changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 8th July 2024 at 19:08.
Old 8th July 2024, 21:21   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just wow! Intelligent beings at Deutsche Motoren Faridabad refused flatly. I am glad they do this elsewhere! Would you know if the filter was also changed?
Filter wasn't changed. The oil pan houses the filter and for the filter to be changed, the pan has to be replaced. They did not have that part so this wasn't done
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks