Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2024, 06:24   #226
BHPian

Re: Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia

Saw this lovely Cedia Sports today and can’t find a better thread than this to post on! Still with the first owner and looks clean from afar, but nowhere close to how meticulously you have maintained yours, SunnyBoi.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_7341.jpeg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_7344.jpeg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_7340.jpeg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_7342.jpeg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_7343.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 19:34   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Saw this lovely Cedia Sports today and can’t find a better thread than this to post on! Still with the first owner and looks clean from afar, but nowhere close to how meticulously you have maintained yours, SunnyBoi.
Thank you for your kind words! The white cedia does look good!

However the latter part of your statement is no longer true. My Cedia is currently running on life support with 3 year old oil that has done 15K KMs, completely busted suspension thats akin to a trampoline-on-wheels, clutch that has done 74K KMs and might die anyday, so on and so forth. Thing is, I have all the parts with me to fix these issues but just not getting the time lately. Sigh

I had an accident few days before Christmas this year and broke my knee. This meant I could no longer use my bike and had to use the Cedia for my everyday 50KM commute. I used the car for 6 weeks and racked up lot more KMs than I did the past 1.5 years easily! Car had some hiccups but nothing critical.

Posing in the fiery evening sky

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-01.jpg

Meetup with Viddy and his Jimny at Madhus Tyre Centre

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Custom 3D printed parts thanks to DBHPian graaja
Sigh, one of these failed and changing gears became a massive headache. I somehow got the hang of it, drove it that way for a week and finally once I was back in my hometown, swapped over to the stock bushes

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-03.jpg

Fancy an OZ wheel for a M2? No? oh okay...

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-04.jpg

Car gets its first pressure wash in 5+ years. There's a massive stain on the roof thanks to water leakage in my parking spot. Sigh

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-05.jpg

Ofcourse the paint on my alloys flew off with the pressure washer. I did a horrible job last time so I wasn't surprised.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-06.jpg

Some odo shots. Currently the odo is at 1.26L KMs

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-07.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-08.jpg

Punctured tyre. Second one in a month, RL first then RR. Got it fixed at Madhus for now. Car definitely needs new tyres soon - the P3STs have more than enough tread but the tyres have become hard.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-09.jpg

Car among hills

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-10.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-11.jpg

...and trees. By now I fixed that horrible stain on the roof.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-12.jpg

I've been getting stellar mileage lately, 16+KMPL on the highway and 12KMPL in the city with my everyday commute. I am very impressed!

Well, that's it for now. I'll hopefully change the oil tomorrow if I don't get too lazy as I have a small drive coming up on 25th this month.

That said, the Cedia's replacement has been identified and might come home soon. I'm not very sure if I'll be keeping both cars or if the Cedia has to leave. I'm in no hurry though so let's see!
SunnyBoi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 16:18   #228

Where were you able to score the suspension parts? I get a lot of noise on my Cedia when moving over rumble strips and partly feel its due to ageing suspension. But I'm a bit afraid to change parts as not sure who will be able to provide genuine ones
Old 27th April 2024, 17:22   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerOnWheels View Post
Where were you able to score the suspension parts? I get a lot of noise on my Cedia when moving over rumble strips and partly feel its due to ageing suspension. But I'm a bit afraid to change parts as not sure who will be able to provide genuine ones
Yes, I have sourced KYB Excel-G struts for the front and back. I've had these struts for close to 2 years now, too lazy to change anything till now. I feel the strut links in your car might have gone bad if you're getting sounds on rumble strips.
Old 9th July 2024, 12:41   #230
Senior - BHPian

No updates for a while huh?

Finally the round for major fixes came in.

New Rear Main Seal
New Clutch Kit
New Shock absorbers on all 4 corners
New lower arm bushes and ball joints
New Inner and Outer Steering Tie Rods
Fresh Oil and filters

After suffering with no suspension for a while, the car just feels so great to drive now with working suspension! The steering now feels tigher than before, thanks to all the new tie rods. I'm getting stellar mileage nowadays, 16KMPL on 2 lane highways and 11.5KMPL in the city.

Chilling out on Chamundi Hills with another rare petrol

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-01.jpg

Few of us friends met up and our lineup of cars

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02.jpg

Ofcourse everyone is checking out the new kid on the block, a M340i

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-03.jpg

Geriatrics of the group

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-04.jpg

Ofcourse my car is dirty as it is most of the time. It did get a wash and looked resplendent as ever

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-05.jpg

New toy for me to play with! Only temporary though. Started going long distances now on the tiger, the Cedia is back into hibernation.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-06.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

That said, the Cedia's replacement has been identified and might come home soon. I'm not very sure if I'll be keeping both cars or if the Cedia has to leave. I'm in no hurry though so let's see!
ITS HERE!!!!
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks