Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 12:48   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Someone was talking about an mobile application called "Urban Clap" and said their services are prompt and people who come to attend to your needs are professional

BB ever since it came out of showroom never got any detailing work done. So I decided to book a car-cleaning service (Interior + Exterior) for INR 1499/- and they offered to come within 2 hours ( booked at 4:00pm) and I said " Why not?" and they turned up at 5:45pm

My work was allocated to an outfit that started just 3 months back called xtreme clean. Owner seemed very polished when I spoke to him on the phone.

They came in a mobile van which had all the cleaning equipment (everything was 3M products) and 3 guys spent nearly 2.5 hours working every inch of Blue Bombardier and made it look spic and span.

I'm very happy with the output as well as the service as they were eager to please and said if I'm not happy they can re-do the areas where I think was not done well

I'm not so cruel to call them back because they have more or less done a fantastic job but, next time I will call them so work is completed in daylight to assess the output right there and then

Here are some pictures of the whole process. Not bad I think for 1500 bucks
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-6.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-7.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-4.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-9.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-8.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-10.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-11.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 16:25   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

My left headlamp high beam conked off last week and there is a remarkable difference in the vision drop when the headlights are in "High-Beam" as the light throw is only in right side and left side has no light and road looks dark

Can someone recommend a good bulb (90/100) to replace the left side?

I think the current ones are FLOSSER bulbs

After a long time, might be doing a long drive over the weekend and this is the only thorn in the "Red Rose" for this drive
Old 1st February 2017, 16:33   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My left headlamp high beam conked off last week and there is a remarkable difference in the vision drop when the headlights are in "High-Beam" as the light throw is only in right side and left side has no light and road looks dark

Can someone recommend a good bulb (90/100) to replace the left side?

I think the current ones are FLOSSER bulbs

After a long time, might be doing a long drive over the weekend and this is the only thorn in the "Red Rose" for this drive
I have had good experience with Osram Bilux (using it in my alto k10) and Phillips Rallye 100/90s (used it for 6 long years in my swift but conked off 1 month before i sold the car). The difference was both were Made in Germany ones. The Indian make simply didn't have a good life. If you can source the German ones, it would be better.
rakesh_r is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 16:57   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Phillips Rallye 100/90s (used it for 6 long years in my swift but conked off 1 month before i sold the car). The difference was both were Made in Germany ones. The Indian make simply didn't have a good life. If you can source the German ones, it would be better.
I reckon Rally is a pretty old model.

Now Phillips has models like Extreme Vision, Extreme Vision Plus etc...

Hope they give just one side bulb as I dont want to buy both again
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:40   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I reckon Rally is a pretty old model.
AFAIK, Rally was synonymous with 100/90 Spec's H4 Bulbs and was THE name folks referred whenever they were upgrading. Even today, you get these bulbs with 100/90 wattage sans Rally Branding that was taken away around 18-24 months back.

If you go to the shop and ask for Philips Rally, you will get 100/90 Philips Bulb in a Brown/White packing (Rally came with Blue/White Carton)

If you ask me, go for Philips. I have got them in both cars and their intensity and color temperature is indeed better than Hella or Bosch and will last long too if you settle with a good wiring Kit ( Minda/Roots)

Quote:
Now Phillips has models like Extreme Vision, Extreme Vision Plus etc...
EV exists since almost a decade now. EV+ is the answer to Osram NB+.

However, the Extreme series are for those looking for stock replacement retaining the same wattage and requires no additional wiring kit with relay and ceramic holders.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd February 2017 at 17:42.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 10:22   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
AFAIK, Rally was synonymous with 100/90 Spec's H4 Bulbs and was THE name folks referred whenever they were upgrading. Even today, you get these bulbs with 100/90 wattage sans Rally Branding that was taken away around 18-24 months back.
That was some awesome bulb gyan

I changed only one bulb (Left Side) and used the Bosch one. Will report back next week how the lights perform on the highway. If something conks out again then will replace both and this time will source the imported ones so that they last longer as well as give better performance

Thanks for your input guys
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 18:54   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm happy to share that I have completed 25,000kms on my Blue Bombardier with absolutely zero issues and it has been a completely blissful and cheap to the pocket run until now

I'm amazed that a company like Ford which was considered to manufacturer white elephants has completely transformed its productions, customer service levels to these heights that now they are cheaper to own than their competition (as per the recent overdrive article)

Last weekend, I drove down to Shirdi with family and it was a whirlwind trip of 1426kms in 29 hours

Details of this trip is here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4140497

A few random pictures from this trip can be found here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4140814

It was a real blistering drive and Aspire continues to impress me with it's outstanding performance which is unmatched on the highway for cars in this category and the speed and stability at which it carries itself on highways is commendable

Hint : What if I add a tuning box + pedal tune to the equation? I'm scared to even imagine
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 23:28   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Hint : What if I add a tuning box + pedal tune to the equation? I'm scared to even imagine
The car is ought to fly Had done a comparison of my stock figo with bhpian narens remapped scross 1.6 and it could keep up well enough with the vehicle. A tuning box would be enough to provide that extra josh

a brief comparison
blackbandit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 01:36   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cannot wait to hear your opinions on this! Come on!
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 09:45   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
The car is ought to fly Had done a comparison of my stock figo with bhpian narens remapped scross 1.6 and it could keep up well enough with the vehicle. A tuning box would be enough to provide that extra josh
Thanks for sharing the link. Very interesting read and I know Naren is a mod enthusiast like Doc(Frank) who live and breath only performance mods

After getting knocked down, do you have any plans to get up and whop SCross 1.6? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Cannot wait to hear your opinions on this! Come on!
Super busy at work and not getting time to get the job done. Besides I need a certain DBHP'ian's time as well.......hopefully this week

Till then I can only salivate looking at these
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_4134.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_4249.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:40   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link. Very interesting read and I know Naren is a mod enthusiast like Doc(Frank) who live and breath only performance mods

After getting knocked down, do you have any plans to get up and whop SCross 1.6? LOL!

Super busy at work and not getting time to get the job done. Besides I need a certain DBHP'ian's time as well.......hopefully this week

Till then I can only salivate looking at these
Wow, a diesel AND a pedal tuning box? Can't wait to see what it does to your car.
Which diesel tuning box did you end up getting? Do spill the beans soon!

Do watch out for smoke while the turbo is spooling up - it's especially complex for the Aspire, since the fuel rail pressures in the 1st and 2nd gears only go up to ~17000 & 20000PSI respectively, as compared to ~23000PSI in the top 3 gears, which can exacerbate the smoke issues unless dealt with very carefully in the first two gears. RD guys sorted it out for me and even in P2 mode now, all I get is a small puff of black smoke when the turbo is spooling up and after that, the car just takes off like nobody's business. I'd timed myself at ~9.5 seconds with an average launch

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th February 2017 at 14:22. Reason: Editing the emoticons from quoted post.....
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:22   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Wow, a diesel AND a pedal tuning box? Can't wait to see what it does to your car. Which diesel tuning box did you end up getting? Do spill the beans soon!
All in good time when it's installed over the week

Quote:
Do watch out for smoke while the turbo is spooling up - it's especially complex for the Aspire, since the fuel rail pressures in the 1st and 2nd gears only go up to ~17000 & 20000PSI respectively, as compared to ~23000PSI in the top 3 gears, which can exacerbate the smoke issues unless dealt with very carefully in the first two gears. RD guys sorted it out for me and even in P2 mode now, all I get is a small puff of black smoke when the turbo is spooling up and after that, the car just takes off like nobody's business.
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the smoking issue as under hard accelaration the stock engine also spews out some smoke which is bit embarrassing

I normally up-shift early as there is no need to up-shift beyond 2500 RPM as even for aggressive driving until this RPM range is more than enough. That's like 50% of the redline

But, the super aggressive mode, I went up to ~4K RPM and anything beyond that while shifting gears is not required at all

Only concern as you rightly pointed out is the exhaust smoke which should be retained to same levels if not to a reduced level

Quote:
I'd timed myself at ~9.5 seconds with an average launch
That sounds fantastic. You seem to be a happy RD customer. Is it a dual channel?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:32   #358
Senior - BHPian

Avi, hearty congratulations. The Figo twins are indeed a league of its own. If only my requirement was't a big family mover, i would have easily settled with a Figo hatch. Regarding the smoke, since you do city commuting and upshift early, the exhaust is bound to have some soot lying around. My swift had similar issues. A nice highway drive was all that was required to clear off the soot. And if it doesn't smoke, it ain't a diesel.
Eager to see the blue bombardier's status to change from flying low to flying high .
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:34   #359
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the smoking issue as under hard accelaration the stock engine also spews out some smoke which is bit embarrassing

I normally up-shift early as there is no need to up-shift beyond 2500 RPM as even for aggressive driving until this RPM range is more than enough. That's like 50% of the redline

You seem to be a happy RD customer. Is it a dual channel?
Well the higher RPM range is not a concern for smoking at all. As I said earlier, smoke is only a concern while the turbo is spooling up - typically between 1500-1800 RPM, be it on a stock engine, or with a tuning box.

After the turbo is on song, there's usually enough air to deal with the additional fuel - so you can freely rev to 4K if you want. The power refuses to die off even after 4K in P2 mode!

I've got a single channel box, but want to upgrade to a dual channel, just to get additional boost, especially in first and second gears, which come neutered from Ford :( . I'd even tried unplugging the sensor that goes to the gearbox (thinking it was the VSS - vehicle speed sensor) to try to prevent the engine from knowing what gear it was in, but to no avail. I guess the engine has 4 other wheel sensors to know the actual speed too!

PS: Anybody willing to sell their dual channel box? 26K for a new one is too much for what I'd imagine to be 5-10% better than my box at max.

Last edited by d3mon : 7th February 2017 at 14:35.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:44   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi, hearty congratulations. The Figo twins are indeed a league of its own. If only my requirement was't a big family mover, i would have easily settled with a Figo hatch. Regarding the smoke, since you do city commuting and upshift early, the exhaust is bound to have some soot lying around. My swift had similar issues. A nice highway drive was all that was required to clear off the soot
Thanks Rakesh! Yup, I got lucky in picking up the Aspire. After driving this I dont enjoy any other car in this category and a few from higher category as well

Smoke is visible under hard accelaration on highway as well.

Quote:
Eager to see the blue bombardier's status to change from flying low to flying high
Next week, I will report Blue Bombardier speeds not in KMPH but, in MACH Speeds

Quote:
Well the higher RPM range is not a concern for smoking at all. As I said earlier, smoke is only a concern while the turbo is spooling up - typically between 1500-1800 RPM, be it on a stock engine, or with a tuning box
Yes, I think you are correct. So what is the solution? Cross the 1800 RPM mark gently and then let the speed pick up with all guns blazing?

Quote:
After the turbo is on song, there's usually enough air to deal with the additional fuel - so you can freely rev to 4K if you want. The power refuses to die off even after 4K in P2 mode!
I concur to your feelings as I used the RD box on my Cruze. It turned it into an uncontrollable beast

Quote:
PS: Anybody willing to sell their dual channel box? 26K for a new one is too much for what I'd imagine to be 5-10% better than my box at max.
You should have got the dual channel in the first place. Boost and Fuel Pressure benefits should be had together...LOL!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks