Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 12:33   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

A look from the overall perspective
Sweet and you are right bro, it actually looks much better when viewed from the correct angle

I think the current rim colour goes very well with the rear mono shocks
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 13:21   #332
BHPian

The 1.5 tdci is a tried and tested work horse, heard that second variant Trend is coming with ABS from this month, they are introducing a lower variant for taxi segment with bare minimum options like desire tour Aspire seems to be a big hit in the market.

Last edited by quakerme : 22nd October 2016 at 13:23.
Old 27th October 2016, 14:14   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to offline request for this input by d3mon, it then struck me that it's good to check on headlamps for any changes.

Am I lucky or it's natural that headlamp clusters are still spotless despite running 90/100 for more than 6 months?

Does everyone have a similar happy experience or did someone experience blackened headlamp cluster due to higher intensity of lights?

Left

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-left.jpg

Right--Excuse the dirt spot on lamp

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-right.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 09:49   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T
Does everyone have a similar happy experience or did someone experience blackened headlamp cluster due to higher intensity of lights?
I have been using 90/100 headlamp bulbs for the last 6 years both on my M800 as well as my current Swift and I've never faced any blackening of any sort on the headlamp assembly on either car.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 09:57   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If the center appears too dark, why don't you change the hub cabs which have a white/silver base instead of blue? Something like these -

Attachment 1562493

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs...f5a6e21e&tpp=1
Thanks Dry Ice for your input! Based on same I ordered this item and received exactly in a month

Will install it as soon as I get sometime, hope it'll look nice
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Old 31st December 2016, 13:27   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh God! I just can't believe that this thread hasn't seen any updates in over a month. Does it mean it was not being used much? Well, Your guess is right as I was busy traversing all over the place on my motorcycle

But, when I got an opportunity to take a driving holiday, I grabbed it with both hands and added my favorite car (Myles rental) to it and drove across a beautiful and scenic route of Himachal Pradesh covering places like Kangra, Dharamsala, Mcleodgunj, Dalhousie, Palampur and the beautiful Tirthan Valley

A few pictures from my 9-day driving holiday across one of my most favorite destinations in India-Himachal Pradesh covering 1850kms

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_9602.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_9605.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_9639.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_0121.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_0126.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_9965.jpg

One of the many sample patches the Aspire went through
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 14:38   #337
Senior - BHPian

...but why did you not take your own car
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:17   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
...but why did you not take your own car
Getting an Aspire was purely coincidental as the choice was between KUV 100 or Ford Aspire. So it was an easy choice which one I wanted

Secondly, I have already driven from Hyderabad to most parts of North in my Cruze so didn't want to repeat by wasting time driving in plains as the fun is to drive on the ghats. Besides wanted to spend sometime at home in Delhi with the family

Hence, hired the car from Delhi for 9 days and enjoyed its lovely handling (felt like I was in WRC) in the treacherous Himachal mountains and speed limit of 100kmph was perfect in the mountains
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:06   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hence, hired the car from Delhi for 9 days and enjoyed its lovely handling (felt like I was in WRC) in the treacherous Himachal mountains and speed limit of 100kmph was perfect in the mountains
Makes sense.

I assume this car had stock tyres - so you are in the best position to answer this question:

What is the difference between the stock tyre setup and with upgraded tyres (like your car)?
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:53   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference between the stock tyre setup and with upgraded tyres (like your car)?
Yes! The Aspire which I rented was the mid variant and was shod with stock tyres (JK) and car had done 37,000kms when I got it. But, it was well maintained and "almost" felt like my car except for some rattling noises in bad road conditions

There were a few difference in the way the car behaves.

1. Steering is lighter

2. Tyre was lot more noisy and rear left was losing air-pressure. Filled air twice in the time I had it with me

3. Grip levels were not as good as Yoko that I have

But, overall the experience was very similar to my car except for differences outlined above

It was really stressful to drive in plains < 100kmph so handed over the car to wifey/BIL and I took over the reins in the ghats and was able to clip it really hard and it was as much fun to drive in ghats as I would have enjoyed with my car

There was a minor mishap to the car when I reversed in a hurry (2 HRTC buses in front of me honking like maniacs on narrow road) and ploughed into a parked M800 and Aspire suffered some scratches to the rear right fender/panel for which they deducted 2K from the security deposit

Overall, it was an excellent experience dealing with MYLES !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd January 2017 at 13:54.
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:15   #341
Senior - BHPian

Did you decide on whether to go for a remap or tuning box? If you are not worried about the warranty get the remap done eyes closed. BTW any thoughts on aftermarket alloys? Set of MOMOs is what the BB really requires now .
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:38   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Did you decide on whether to go for a remap or tuning box? If you are not worried about the warranty get the remap done eyes closed. BTW any thoughts on aftermarket alloys? Set of MOMOs is what the BB really requires now
Not yet Rakesh.

I have no problems in trying out a remap this time around since the cost is ~15-19K for one.

But, still confused on who can do a good remap job on the Aspire and that too in my town?

I'm not in a big hurry and can wait for 1-2 months before I take the plunge. If things get clear, I dont mind getting it done this week itself

If the haziness remains then will go for a dual channel RD box

Let's wait and watch......

P.S: Btw, Anyone knows the BHP and Torque increment with a remap vs. RD box for the Aspire?

P.S 2 : I have done the alloy/ICE thingy in the past. Now I feel it's just a waste of money. Would rather spend on good upsized rubber when a change is due

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd January 2017 at 15:40.
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:05   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet Rakesh.

I have no problems in trying out a remap this time around since the cost is ~15-19K for one.

But, still confused on who can do a good remap job on the Aspire and that too in my town?

I'm not in a big hurry and can wait for 1-2 months before I take the plunge. If things get clear, I dont mind getting it done this week itself

If the haziness remains then will go for a dual channel RD box

Let's wait and watch......
I believe some of the tuners travel onsite and do the remap job. Perfect example would be Dr Naren's SCross 1.6 remap done by ToT (Tune-O-Tronics). Regarding which tuner, I guess you will have to search online and come to a conclusion. Regarding ToT, I have heard some good reviews though.

P.S- Link to the thread for your reference http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...o-tronics.html

Last edited by rakesh_r : 2nd January 2017 at 16:06.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 12:43   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes! The Aspire which I rented was the mid variant and was shod with stock tyres (JK) and car had done 37,000kms when I got it. But, it was well maintained and "almost" felt like my car except for some rattling noises in bad road conditions

There were a few difference in the way the car behaves.

1. Steering is lighter

2. Tyre was lot more noisy and rear left was losing air-pressure. Filled air twice in the time I had it with me

3. Grip levels were not as good as Yoko that I have

But, overall the experience was very similar to my car except for differences outlined above!
Yesterday, I drove Blue Bombardier for about 80-90kms after nearly a month (office travel + vacation travel)

Would like to add a few more points to above observations

1. Mine is the Titanium with leather seats. The seats have fantastic back-support which was glaringly missing in the rental Aspire. Never realized the difference is so much. My seats practically bolsters the back and provides proper lumbar support

2. There is quite a difference in tyres. Mine felt more sticky

3. Finally, it's ghostly silent inside even on bad stretches. whereas, the rental Aspire had quite a few rattles

Heck! It simply dispatches everything away on road so easily and takes off like a rocket scooting out of it's launcher

What a lovely machine! I'm thinking if stock is so potent I'm scared what the remap will do to it

P.S : Yesterday, at 23,500kms on odo got the tyres balanced and aligned for a cost of INR 700/- and store owner who knows my driving style was saying the Yoko Earth 1 have another 15000-20,000 kms life in them which is pretty good according to me

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th January 2017 at 12:44.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 12:34   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

A gift from wifey for picking her up at the airport

Btw, being a hardcore foodie, Blue bombardier has treated us to many goodies inside the car while on the move or stationary just the picture will be same and the food item will keep changing
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks