Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2024, 16:52   #286
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (11)
Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

What a well kept Creta! It is sad to see how Hyundai went from such a classy design to the chrome-vomit version of the upcoming facelift. Sigh...
Amrit@wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 12:06   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

AC Issue - Fixed:

Have been experiencing occasional issues with the AC for quite sometime. This was reported earlier and also by few BHPians as well. BHPian Blacknwyte had the same issue as mine and he got it fixed.

Here are the scenarios that I faced:

1. Couple of years back, on one hot afternoon when I took the car after parking outside, I noticed that the AC wasn’t cooling. I had to drive around 30 kms and the AC failed to work. Suspected that the gas leaked. On the way back, I took it to a nearby garage and got the AC gas filled. It worked fine for a year.
2. I had a drive to Kuttikanam on Dec 2022. This time the scenario was different. After driving for around 50 kms, noticed that the AC cooling gradually kept decreasing and the fan speed reduced. The blower sound was there but the air output kept decreasing. Eventually, on full blast the air was very less and cooling was almost nil. Stopped the car and noticed an ice buildup on the AC discharge hose. Drove to a nearby restaurant for a break and waited for the ice buildup to melt. After 10 mins, the ice disappeared and the AC was back to normal.
3. For short commutes to office, the AC worked fine but there’s this hissing sound whenever the AC is switched on for the first time. BHPian Blakcnwyte and Yajaman had this issue. Also, for any long drives (more than 50 kms), the cooling gradually reduced. I normally keep the temp at 22 or 24 but in this case, I had bring it down to 20 or even lower.

Knew it was time to get this rectified and almost confirmed on replacing the evaporator coil. Since it involved removing the dashboard, I didnt want to try any 3rd party garages so took it straight to HASS. They needed 24 hours to get the AC leakage test done and the next day they confirmed that it was AC discharge pipe that needs to be replaced (there was a leakage). Got the car the next day.

Cost Split:
Discharge hose - 1014
Compressor oil - 47
Refrigerant - 614
Labor and AC leak test - 2145
Total - 4616 including tax

It’s been 4 days now and it’s been working fine with no hissing sound and AC cools relatively well. I keep the temperature at 23 and it’s cool enough. Waiting for a long drive to check on its performance. Will keep it posted.

The damaged hose

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20240211_103517386.jpg

New hose

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20240210_101832465.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 12th February 2024 at 12:16. Reason: typo
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed