Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2024, 23:55   #241

Re: GT'ing around in my VW Polo TSI UPDATE: Blackworks Double-Divorced Coolant-Circuit.. MO POWAH BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The results can be seen in the next post:
Hey i am also looking for a anti roll bar for polo 1.0 tsi if anyone can help me with a source.

Last edited by Eddy : 21st June 2024 at 00:09. Reason: Please do not quote a large post. It hampers readability. Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 11:32   #242
Team-BHP Support

Re: GT'ing around in my VW Polo TSI UPDATE: Blackworks Double-Divorced Coolant-Circuit.. MO POWAH BA

Hi folks!

At the outset, I would like to apologise for failing to submit timely updates on this thread.

I have responded to each and every post / query below.

However, I do have a big update to share. My Polo was sold in January 2021! A brief on this update may be found in a new thread detailing my latest acquisition. Please hop over to this thread for the update: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5793240 (Trials and tribulations with my 328i | My Pre-Owned BMW F30 3-Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop Gowda View Post
Hey suhaas, Do you still have the auto headlamp switch with you? I’m not able to source one due to the ban on Chinese products and the covid situation. Or can you share a link for buying one online? Thanks in advance ��
Unfortunately, I no longer have this with me. I may have given it to someone, I can't seem to recall at this point in time. Apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivf View Post
Hey Suhaas

I don’t know how I missed this thread. I have a same make GT as you have. I am a bit averse to getting a remap as I don’t want to compromise on longevity/ reliability at any cost. You had mentioned much earlier in the thread about one of the simplest mods being adding a euro spec intake. Can I hope for a slight change in the running or will it just be an occasional whoosh?
Hi! The euro spec channel will help draw fresh air from outside the car rather than the airbox drawing hot air from inside the engine bay. The by-product of this would be a slight whoosh-like sound that could be heard on narrow and quiet roads. The difference in performance may not be perceptible, but it will certainly help performance even if incremental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
Having no plans to hijack this thread, I have a 2014 Polo GT TDI, completed a lakh recently. However, I desperately need to do something about the headlight and foglamp bulbs.
I am not a fan of white light, and OEM projectors are beyond my budget. In addition, aftermarket headlamps take away the original charm of the vehicle.
I need help getting the low beam of the headlight changed to better bulbs, kindly suggest some options. I wish I can get something like a seven series projection with yellow DRLs.
Just asking is HID an option? Since I know, LED won't get yellow light (please prove me wrong).
I am not willing to spend a fortune at present, but I need to get something done. For example, low beam HID or HID in fog lamps.

Kindly help
Honestly, the best thing to do would be to replace the stock bulbs with uprated items. Beams from LED bulbs will serve very little purpose as the reflector will only scatter the light and not focus it effectively.

HID is an option. Retrofitting projectors and HID bulbs will help. But it has its own share of pros and cons. Personally, I wouldn't bother, having burned my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purangdevvrat View Post
Sir what is your source for the brakes as I have enquired it's quite expensive upwards of 60k. Is it worth spending that much or should I get bigger rotors by dba ebc and ebc brake pads with it. And maybe keep the stock calipers for replace them with something a bit cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purangdevvrat View Post
Hey man those are not the OEM rotors if I'm not wrong. Where did you source the 288mm rotors from. Really want to go for that upgrade
I bought it directly from a seller in Germany. I don't think it is listed for sale on that site anymore.

It is definitely worth getting bigger rotors, but for larger rotors to be compatible, you will have to get appropriate carriers and calipers.

The more cost-effective alternative would be to replace the stock rotors and pads with aftermarket ones of the same size. EBC comes to mind. Avoid Ultimax, and get yellowstuff. Be warned though - yellowstuff pads will chew through your rotors in no time and are relatively expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Hey Suhaas, haven't heard you in this thread since long. Wanted to know how is your Cobra+Sachs setup going after so much time passed since you installed?

The Cobras come with only progressive rears and fronts are linear, aren't the fronts also supposed to be progressive to keep the ride comfortable?

I am planning to get some matching springs for the stiff Sachs dampers but ended up facing an issue after the damper installation (VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts) which need to be sorted out first but have no clue so far.
Apologies for the inactivity! Do head over to a new thread that I have started - that should clear things up for you!

The Cobra springs are a fantastic upgrade in my opinion. The 30 mm drop is just right, while the progressive nature of the rear springs (multiple spring rates in one spring) offer a more comfortable and balanced ride.

Progressive springs are typically only set up for the rear axle. Only some high-end aftermarket suspension manufacturers such as MSS and KW have developed multiple spring-rates for the front axle as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Hey i am also looking for a anti roll bar for polo 1.0 tsi if anyone can help me with a source.
If daily driven, avoid it. The rear torsion-beam makes the rear axle pretty firm from the factory. Adding an aftermarket ARB will further stiffen it up and reduce the rear axle's compliance over undulated surfaces.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks