Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2019, 16:54   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
How do i check how much life is still left on the existing ones?
Weak springs give a wavy ride when loaded.

Load your car fully (passengers) and take on some undulated surfaces of flyovers and you should easily be able to make out if the suspension is weak and hence bouncy.

33500 Km of driving on regular roads does not call for suspension replacement except may be bushes at max. Ideally the suspension should last for at least 80,000 Kms if you drive carefully. Anything beyond this is either due to good care or good roads or both.

You have mentioned that there are no visible signs of any leaks. The next thing to do would be to remove the suspension and check.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 08:57   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I was not aware that Linea was fitted with R14 rims from factory. Can you check if your rims are really R14?
Yes, the classic version came with R14 and power is 75bhp.

Quote:
Needed some input from you on the suspension front.
As mentioned by parag, better to remove the suspension and check.

Also, I feel 195/60 R15 or 205/55 R16 will enhance the ride quality and the fun to drive aspect. If possible, upgrade the tyres/rims while replacing the tyres.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 14:04   #528
BHPian

Thanks for the responses. Tyre upgrade is definitely there on my mind. The tyres look puny on a otherwise large car. I was wondering if i could do with any upgrade on the existing 14 inch rims. Say 195 70 R14. Higher sidewall would also mean better cushion on rough roads. What do you think?
Old 6th March 2019, 23:28   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. Tyre upgrade is definitely there on my mind. The tyres look puny on a otherwise large car. I was wondering if i could do with any upgrade on the existing 14 inch rims. Say 195 70 R14. Higher sidewall would also mean better cushion on rough roads. What do you think?

You can post it here for more visibility,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...thread-16.html (Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

My opinion is, you can try 195/65/R15, this will give more cushion as well.
Old 19th March 2019, 21:35   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

1,90,000 Kms

My Linea has silently crossed the 1,90,000 Kms milestone Apart from this there is really nothing to update.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190317_153812381.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20190319wa0072.jpg

On the other hand, a test drive of Compass + the current discounts has corrupted my mind Yet to take a decision though.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190310_151903541_hdr.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190319_112011641.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:47   #531
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1,90,000 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
On the other hand, a test drive of Compass + the current discounts has corrupted my mind Yet to take a decision though.
Can't keep both?

What were the discounts btw? Forgot to ask.
Old 19th March 2019, 22:16   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can't keep both?

Here is the variant wise discount for the 2018 manufactured cars,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-capture.jpg

Additionally, based on the variant you select, you will get 80K Exchange bonus + 15k Corporate bonus + around 50K on the insurance and then the old car value.

However most of the 2018 cars are sold now, so it will be difficult to get your favorite colour or the version that you are looking for.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 11:17   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can't keep both?

I had the same question too. Instead of giving the Linea away for a throw away price, why not both. You can get exchange bonus as loyalty bonus if you push the sales person. So should not impact the discounts.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 11:37   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Additionally, based on the variant you select, you will get 80K Exchange bonus + 15k Corporate bonus + around 50K on the insurance and then the old car value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Instead of giving the Linea away for a throw away price, why not both. You can get exchange bonus as loyalty bonus if you push the sales person.
If the showroom is adamant on passing exchange bonus only if the old car is exchanged, get the Linea transferred on your wife or other family member's name. Based on this, you can claim the exchange bonus as the Manufacturer only asks for proof of selling old car i.e. RC book. As a thrifty salesman, lots of times we used to change ownership on a customer's old car to claim this bonus on his new car. Additionally you can get NCB insurance certificate as well reducing your insurance cost on the Jeep by a big amount than the savings on renewals on the Linea. Worst case is your Linea is a 2nd owner and I'm certain that is in no way going to impact the car's resale value.

Last edited by blackwasp : 20th March 2019 at 11:40.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 18:58   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can't keep both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I had the same question too. Instead of giving the Linea away for a throw away price, why not both. You can get exchange bonus as loyalty bonus if you push the sales person. So should not impact the discounts.
I would love to hold on to Linea too. But in this case, I will have to spend for additional parking space. This comes to around 1.5-2K per month and then covering the cost of this car in loan will increase the EMI by 3K at least. So, I will have to spend 5K per month to hold this car.

Anyways, nothing finalized yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Additionally you can get NCB insurance certificate as well reducing your insurance cost on the Jeep by a big amount than the savings on renewals on the Linea. Worst case is your Linea is a 2nd owner and I'm certain that is in no way going to impact the car's resale value.
Regarding the NCB, can't this be used during the second year renewal?
Old 31st March 2019, 09:27   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to bid adieu - 1,90,623 Kms

Time to bid adieu - My fantastic and trouble free ownership with Linea has come to an end. Yes, I will be moving from 1.3MJD to 2.0MJD. So, I will still stay with the MJD family. But sad to let go the Linea though. I will put a detailed update later.

One last click of my Linea's ODO. 1,90,623 Kms.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190330_115053588.jpg

A final visit to Vecto Motors to replace the Fuel Filter. And during this visit clicked a pic with technicians who serviced the car till date. 3 services were done at True Sai, Salem.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190330_111535119.jpg

The Jeep Compass - THIS IS IT. I will be taking the delivery some time next week.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190329_101116113.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 09:33   #537
Team-BHP Support

On the brighter side, you got to use the Linea to the fullest and still get a decent resale offer on the car. I was literally offered peanuts in comparison - with some dealers themselves advising not to sell!

Hope the Linea finds a good second owner!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:28   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On the brighter side, you got to use the Linea to the fullest and still get a decent resale offer on the car. I was literally offered peanuts in comparison - with some dealers themselves advising not to sell!
Thankfully both the dealers offered similar price. However when I contacted Toyota U Trust, they were not interested for a car with 1,90,000 Kms on the ODO.

Quote:
Hope the Linea finds a good second owner!
Yes, I wish that this car lands in some good hands.
Old 1st April 2019, 07:50   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

The old faithful. Arun, well - what can one say ?

Btw, is that Prakash P in the pic ?
Old 1st April 2019, 20:49   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The old faithful. Arun, well - what can one say ?

Btw, is that Prakash P in the pic ?

Yes, the guy on the leftmost is Prakash. I think he was with Perena motors before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks