Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 11:06   #241
BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Congratulations Arun on completing 2 eventful years with your car. The car looks immaculately maintained and looks straight out of the showroom even after 70k odd kms. Hope you reach the magical figure of 100k soon. Happy and safe driving

Last edited by CarMaster : 1st February 2016 at 11:21.
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 13:02   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Excellent Arun!!

Truly Living to DRIVE and your ownership of 2 years and the number you have clocked covering some amazing locations of our country complements that.
Thanks a lot for your very kind words, parag!

Quote:
Also, You forgot to add our last minute dinner drives on a weekday night which may have easily added 2000 kms in just 3-4 such dinner meets .

Wish you a lot more driving and yes, even though our unplanned drives always get executed, we still have that long pending drive covering Shiradi and Charmadi due that we must do soon.
Same here, I always feel comfortable driving with you guys, be it day or night.

Yes, I missed to mention that Lets plan for Shiradi and Charmadi.

Quote:

On Tar marks,
Yes, even this happened when I crossed a spot where they were laying fresh tar and I already tried at 3M but it didn't go completely. Thanks for your tip though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Woah. Highway Mile muncher

The ODO is climbing up very fast in your car. When I drove your car, it feels as good as new even with all the kms on the ODO. Kudos to you on maintaining it very well.

Enjoy many more miles on the Linea.
Thanks a lot for the compliment, Krishna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Congratulations Arun on completing 2 eventful years with your car. The car looks immaculately maintained and looks straight out of the showroom even after 70k odd kms. Hope you reach the magical figure of 100k soon. Happy and safe driving
Thanks CarMaster!
Old 1st February 2016, 13:49   #243
BHPian

Re: 2 years of Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here are some pics after 72K Kms on ODO.
The car looks impeccable and looks like its all set to gobble another 70k with ease .

Quote:
PS: I know its overdose of car pics, but I just couldn’t resist my self
Absolutely not (at least for me )

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 08:20   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2 years of Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
The car looks impeccable and looks like its all set to gobble another 70k with ease .

Absolutely not (at least for me )

Cheers,
pdma.

Thanks Pradeep! Glad you liked the pics.

And yes, it still drives fresh and looking forward to many more miles with it.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 08:39   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Regular WB, WA,WR

A regular Wheel Balancing, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Rotation done at Madhus:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160204_123216optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160204_130156optimized.jpg

Michelin 3ST after 37200 Kms. It still holds good compared to my earlier Good Year set.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160204_124020optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160204_123032optimized.jpg

In comparison, here is my earlier Good Years after 35582 Kms,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-tyo1optimized.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 5th February 2016 at 08:46.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:52   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Regular WB, WA,WR

Here is a number comparison between my previous set Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and Current set Michelin 3ST.

Wear and Tear:

Goodyear Eagle NCT5 after 35582

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-tyo1optimized.jpg

Michelin 3ST after 37200, still it has some good life.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160204_123032optimized.jpg

Punctures:
  • Goodyear Eagle NCT5, I think it got 4 punctures.
  • Michelin 3ST, 2 punctures so far.

Fuel Efficiency:
  • During this 35582 Kms on Goodyear Eagle NCT5, the average FE was 15.56
  • So far, during its 37200 Kms in Micehelin 3ST, the average FE is 16.27

Note: FE calculated based on the Full tank-Full tank method

Considering that the driving conditions were almost similar throughout, I feel Michelin is really worth the extra money. Also, Michelin offers far better comfort level, is silent and better grip.

Pricing wise both are in different segment though. I compared it because, many ask me about the FE in 3ST as they feel Michelin tyres affect the FE due to its soft nature.

Last edited by GTO : 10th February 2016 at 10:37. Reason: As requested :)
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 20:28   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Goodyear Eagle NCT5, I think it got 4 punctures.[*]Michelin 3ST, 2 punctures so far.
Arun,

That's too many punctures. What roads do you generally drive?

Quote:
During this 355782 Kms on Goodyear Eagle NCT5
I hope the figure is a typo. But considering your running, I would not doubt that figure is too far away.
Old 10th February 2016, 09:17   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Arun,

That's too many punctures. What roads do you generally drive?
Yes, but the road around my place is not great with lot of construction work going on. Incidentally all punctures happened within bangalore city.

Quote:
I hope the figure is a typo. But considering your running, I would not doubt that figure is too far away.

I have already reported the post for correction.
Old 10th February 2016, 14:32   #249
BHPian

Such a wonderful thread on such a lovely well maintained car.. I want to use this thread to get a urgent help from he experts.

Car- Linea Active D, 2012.
Boot Operation : Manual (key) / Driver underseat lever ( No remote option)

Today morning while opening the boot ( to take out the Jopasu and do needful :-) ) , i found that the boot is not opening by the key nor by the driver seat latch.

I observed the key is not turning around fully ...means its jammed inside.

Everyday 2 times, the car undergoes the abuse of Company security folks who look around for bombs etc in boot :-) , and 90% time, they bang it very hard to close.

Not sure what happened inside, if you experts can shed some light on the probable causes or some DIY , before saturday when i can visit the workshop at the earliest, in case issue persists.

I am unable to take the car to office since sec guys wont allow it inside without opening boot .

Pls suggest .
Old 10th February 2016, 17:57   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Everyday 2 times, the car undergoes the abuse of Company security folks who look around for bombs etc in boot :-) , and 90% time, they bang it very hard to close.
Even I face the same issue, they really bang hard some times

Quote:
I am unable to take the car to office since sec guys wont allow it inside without opening boot .

Pls suggest .
I have a remote option, so never used the key and not sure how this mechanism works.

Maybe you can flip the rear seat to access the boot and see if there is any option to open the boot from inside. Or at least your office security guys can access the boot this way.
Old 10th February 2016, 18:52   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Such a wonderful thread on such a lovely well maintained car.. I want to use this thread to get a urgent help from he experts.

Pls suggest .

It might sound strange but it had started happening in my linea. Know what fixed it? Battery change. Yup, installed a new batt as the old one was getting weak and bingo, all works perfectly since then.
My remote would work, the inside button works 1 out of 15 times , and as the batt became weaker , it stopped working altogether. The service advisor also said it could be the batt , turns out its true.

Last edited by sammyboy : 10th February 2016 at 18:56.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 18:59   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
It might sound strange but it had started happening in my linea. Know what fixed it? Battery change. Yup, installed a new batt as the old one was getting weak and bingo, all works perfectly since then.
My remote would work, the inside button works 1 out of 15 times , and as the batt became weaker , it stopped working altogether. The service advisor also said it could be the batt , turns out its true.
But in this case Amazing has mentioned that his one doesn't have a remote setup for boot. Its manual as mentioned by him. So, do you still think that this could be a battery issue?

Quote:
Boot Operation : Manual (key) / Driver underseat lever ( No remote option)
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 19:19   #253
BHPian

Arun is correct. Mine is a pure Manual setup..no remote button or central console button.

So, it has to be a mechanical issue ...stuck or broken lever/ latch. Only need to see , how this can be rectified with minimum invasion.

PS : Replaced battery with a new one in Oct 2015. All blazing headlight @full power and half crank start :-).
Old 10th February 2016, 19:42   #254
Senior - BHPian

In that case has to be mechanical or something stuck. Did you take it to the a.s s.?
Old 11th February 2016, 11:14   #255
BHPian

i dont have time to go to ASS before saturday.
BUT BUT ....yesterday night , i went down to parking and hit the lock area ..boom boom, several times. It unlocked, it was a mech latch jam for sure.

Then I applied some machine oil in the lock area ..opened/closed in 10-12 times. So far working fine, as if nothing had happened.

This is beauty of Fiat ...they involve you in every step :-)

Had a wonderful drive to office again today , security folks banged it hard again , despite warning them of the issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks