Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 23:43   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. 1st Anniversary & 33k k

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Congrats Arun ! At this rate and going by the drop in diesel rates , we will be definitely seeing another 40K kms this year. And then the 10+ long weekends coming up. You usually average 1500 kms on a normal 3 day weekend. So , we are looking at 1L kms by this year end ?
You are talking about 5833 Kms per month. I will have to register with OLA then

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
BTW, do you notice any vibrations when the car is at 2000 RPM only?

In 3rd, 4th and 5th gear @ 2K RPM?
Nope, I don't have any such issues. All fine.
Why do you ask? Anyone facing this in linea? Or is it in reference to your swift issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Great running Arun. 33k in a year!
The car looks in excellent condition and shows how much you love it.
Keep it going.
Thanks Aneez!!!
Old 6th February 2015, 06:14   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Nope, I don't have any such issues. All fine.

Why do you ask? Anyone facing this in linea? Or is it in reference to your swift issue?
Yup, with reference to the issue on my Swift and few other BHPians who are facing it.
Old 18th February 2015, 09:11   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Another 2K added to the ODO.

Another 2K added to the ODO.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-34koptimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-35koptimized.jpg

A trip to my home town and back(1355.5Kms), overall FE was 19.4, speed maintained was around 100-110 and an occasional sprint. AC was set @ 21 degree during most part of the journey. While returning, there was a major traffic jam near hosur which took around 30mins to clear.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t4optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t5optimized.jpg

Also, just before this journey the cigarette lighter/mobile charging point was not working, I thought it was an issue with the charger. When we started the journey, the iPod connected to the USB port also was not working. Hence,dropped in at Vecto Motors since we were still on NICE road, these guys quickly found that the fuse has blown and replaced it immediately, overall it took around 5-10 minutes only.

Couple of weeks back, I went for the under body coating as well @3M.

To Dos:

- Replacing the tyres to Michelin 3ST
- 3M mats

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t2optimized.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 17:32   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Another 2K added to the ODO.

Few Updates:

1) Long pending 3M under body treatment was done couple of weeks back.
2) Did a Oil change along with Oil filter and Air filer change.
3) And tyre replacement was done @ 35582 Kms. Replaced it to Michelin 3ST. I could have stretched the older ones till 40K Kms, but the tyre noise was increasing and also two punctures during the last one month.

Older one:
All 4 tyres had worn out equally.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-tyo1optimized.jpg

And the 3ST:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ty1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ty2optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ty3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ty4optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ty5optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ty6optimized.jpg

Yet to go on a long drive after the tyre change, but my initial impressions are positive.
- The tyre noise has come down drastically.
- The thud sound while going over pot holes has also disappeared to a big extent.
- Feeling comfy as the tyres are not hard like the good years.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-m1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-36koptimized.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 14:00   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Another 2K added to the ODO.

Another 2K added to the ODO. Nothing much to add regarding the car, it is doing perfectly fine.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-37k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-38k.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 10:11   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Complete Servicing @ Vecto Mysore road branch

Road trip plan to Nainital/Kausani and Complete Servicing:

So, finally a long road trip happening towards North in a week's time. Preference was always Leh/Ladakh but with a 2Y and 7Y old , we thought that would be too much. Hence, decided to drive to Nainital, Kausani and places around.

With 39K on the ODO, decided to do a complete servicing before this trip. Previous servicing was done at 27.5K.

Brake Pad Check:
Brake pad after 12k usage, looks in good shape hence didn't go for a replacement.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-brake-pad.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-brake-pad2.jpg

Lower Arm(left):
There was a cut in the lower arm(left), hence it was replaced under warranty.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-lower-arm1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-lower-arm2.jpg

Few spare parts for the drive purchased from Vecto:

Engine Oil - 1L
Coolant - 1L
Air Filter - 1
AC Filter -1
Few Fuses
Few Bulbs

Vecto Motors, Mysore Road:
Vecto Motor, Mysore road. Very spacious unlike the the Singasandra branch which is bit cramped for space. Since I gave a heads-up regarding my long drive, the store manager was there around checking each and every checks. I was very satisfied with their work.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-vecto_mysoreroad.jpg

Pending Issues:

1) A tak-tak sound from the driver seat while going over speed breaker or uneven roads. Its a railing issue. Vecto to get back.
2) Battery was weak. Hence they have sent it to Exide for test. Currently,the car is running on back-up battery given by Vecto. They will get back to me by Monday. Most probably, the battery will be replaced.

Wheel Alignment and Balancing @ Madhus:
Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing done at Madhus. I went early on saturday to avoid the rush, the boys did a superb job as usual. There was a slight left pull for the last two weeks which seems to be resolved now. I met a team-bhpian there as well who came in his grandi10.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-madhus1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-madhus2.jpg

For this trip, we are taking the Mumbai, Gujarat, Rajasthan route and return would be through MP, Pune. I will be carrying the FASS numbers present in this route, but if any of you have any good reliable contacts in FASS on this route, then please PM me.

And the click at 39K,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-39k.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 23:30   #172
BHPian

All the best!!! Arun. You are having a lot of fun with the machine no second thoughts. I thought I would meet you next week, may be next time .
Take care drive safe and we would wait for lot of pictures from the trip.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:51   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
All the best!!! Arun. You are having a lot of fun with the machine no second thoughts. I thought I would meet you next week, may be next time .
Take care drive safe and we would wait for lot of pictures from the trip.
Sure, we will meetup next time . When are you planning to start from Hyderabad? You have a nice drive too!
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:11   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore-Nainital

Bangalore-Nainital-Bangalore, Midway trip update:

Route: Bangalore-Pune-Mumbai-Surat-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Jaipur-Agra-Noida/Delhi-Nainital
Total Kms: 3116
FE: 18.8 (It was 19.8 till Mumbai)
Avg Speed: 53 Km/H
Total travel time:57H and 59M

Stuck for 2H:45M at Bharuch Narmada river bridge traffic. Huge traffic on the alternate ankleshwar route as well.
Also got stuck in Udaipur traffic on a very narrow road for more than 30mins

Drive has been superb throughout this journey!

Taking some well deserved rest after 3116 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150423_073011optimized.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150422_203416optimized.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150422_203427optimized.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150422_203442optimized.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150422_203452optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:35   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Nainital

At Kanyakumari after covering 6948 Kms crossing 9 states. 680 Kms more to go before the vacation ends which will make the total distance covered to around 7700 Kms. Overall it has been an awesome experience so far.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-kk1.jpg

Crossed the below milestones during this drive,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-40k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-41k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-42k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-43k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-44k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-45k.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-46k.jpg

All 4s ,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-44444.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:15   #176
Team-BHP Support

Wow Arun ! The car (more than you!) seems to be on a mission to accomplish the miles. At this pace, I dont think you will have any miles to go before you go to sleep.

Happy driving.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:56   #177
BHPian

Folks just realized that Arun is covering close to half the distance what the other adventurous family is covering in their drive to Paris. Arun you and your car are true testimonials of what FIAT is all about, Amazing mate and hats off to the spirit of you and your family. Have fun.
pdma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:27   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

7618 Kms, it is. Here is a photographic summary of this road trip:
The travelogue to follow soon.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-collages_crop.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow Arun ! The car (more than you!) seems to be on a mission to accomplish the miles. At this pace, I dont think you will have any miles to go before you go to sleep.

Happy driving.
Thank you, Ampere. The Fiat makes it a pleasure to conquer those miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Folks just realized that Arun is covering close to half the distance what the other adventurous family is covering in their drive to Paris. Arun you and your car are true testimonials of what FIAT is all about, Amazing mate and hats off to the spirit of you and your family. Have fun.
Thank you, Pradeep. the car and my family gave me equal support on this road trip.

Last edited by arun_josie : 4th May 2015 at 21:36.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:29   #179
BHPian

Wow Arun. Congratulations on completing one truly extra-ordinary journey. Eagerly awaiting your full blown travelogue.

I could possibly use your plan when and if I do something like this sometime next year.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:41   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Wow Arun. Congratulations on completing one truly extra-ordinary journey. Eagerly awaiting your full blown travelogue.

I could possibly use your plan when and if I do something like this sometime next year.
Thanks, Aneez. Sure, I'd be glad to give you pointers for your trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks