Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 09:12   #76
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear it wasn't damage that was lasting in nature and some quick work sorted it out! This is the nature of urban driving, you're bound to get dings and scratches and what not at some point, so just focus on enjoying the driving experience and cross that bridge when it comes
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 22:32   #77
BHPian

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I agree.A very beautiful shade of blue chosen by VW for the Jetta.
There may be one or two new colors that might be introduced with the New Jetta. I wonder how Maroon would look on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Yup, let's plan a meet soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+1. Anurag.
In the meet section thread. There is a brunch scheduled for 18th May. No confirmations yet, hope it happens. We can tag along even if the brunch doesn't happen. Ishaan is busy for a while. Will try to get a word from him as well. Let me know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Good to hear it wasn't damage that was lasting in nature and some quick work sorted it out! This is the nature of urban driving, you're bound to get dings and scratches and what not at some point, so just focus on enjoying the driving experience and cross that bridge when it comes
True. The concern and care we have on our cars cannot be understood by a third person. And there is nothing much that can be done to avoid such situations. I'm glad it was nothing major.
Old 21st May 2014, 08:43   #78
BHPian

Looks like i am finally picking up the skill of properly washing a car. However to master this, i had to do a lot of practice of my 7 year old Santro, which got its first wash recently after years! Washing done with Armor All Ultrashine wash and wax and Finally Waxed using Armorall Butter Wax. The shipment for the A grade products that i had ordered did not reach by this time and had to settle for what i had bought earlier. Here are the results

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-11.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-3.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-21.jpg
Team blue! i always end up cleaning in a blue t-shirt

Love does have its side effects, i say this because there is nothing we do about the things that our loved one's screw up. Living in a community with over 12 dogs and all of them being walked beside cars, nothing happens till my very own buddy climbs over the car out of excitement to greet me. He first climbs onto the bumper slips as he doesn't get a grip on the smooth surface and holds onto another part of the bumper to hold his stand. Luckily damages done were minimal, a rubbing with a polish is all that's required.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-51.jpg
I couldn't get an entire shot, the rest is similar to this

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-219208_10150249613261416_4924364_o.jpg
The Rascal responsible for the above, called by name Shaggy

I am now finally recovering from that accident, i wouldn't drive much just to avoid any inconvenience. The car hasn't touched the 1k mark yet. I am happy to report and watch the fuel figures rise up slowly. I managed to finally get 14kmpl recently. A few changes to the driving style and getting to know the cars power band is all that's required. I am now sure that the highway figures would be smashing. I also noticed that the led DRL's do not stay on when the car is in 'Park' and with hazards switched on. I noticed this when we had stopped to click few pics, also evident in the pictures.

Few shots from our recent drive :

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-41.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-31.jpg
As you can see, No DRL's

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-22.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-12.jpg
DRL's are on here, no hazards. In Neutral.
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-5.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-4.jpg
Finally happy to see a decent figure

Over the weeks, been really busy with reading a lot of articles on how to maintain and detail a car. My sincere thanks to @graaja, @el lobo 6061, @pedaltothefloor, @mvh. These guys are my Detailing gods and guru's. They have been kind enough to bare me with my tiring queries and discussions. Part 1 of my detailing collection has come to an end.

Detailing collection:
Part 1- Polishes, waxes and miscellaneous
Part 2- Brushes and cleaning tools
Part 3- A pressure washer.

With time i will slowly complete the entire collection and build up and practice this new hobby. I did manage to put a stop on the purchases without going bankrupt. So here is my collection. I am pretty excited to use them and get some decent results.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-2.jpg
A few more from Sonax, Meg's will complete the collection

Cost Involved: Please do not ask, there has been no limit or control over this. A smiley would correctly tell my feelings. But cant use more than two.

I will post the detailed description and use of each product in my next post, as it may be helpful to many newbie's like myself. 'DETAILING STARTS AS A HOBBY AND SOON TURNS INTO AN OBSESSION'. I myself know the effort i put in to maintain the car the way it looks. Hope i keep doing this.

Cheers!
Drive Safe.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 21st May 2014 at 08:58.
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 11:52   #79
BHPian

I got a call yesterday from the Kishore, the SE with whom we interacted while purchasing the car. Orion Motors was rated as one of the best in the city and as a gratitude they tried reaching and greeting as many customers as possible. Given our experience with them I myself gave them an outstanding rating. Not bad for customer relation gratitude. Hope VW treats all their customers with any irks and arguments going forward. Along with Kishore, Mr. Visesh Sales Manager and the Sales Head MR. Kiran kumar had come down to greet and thank me. (for the rating i believe)

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-dsc06071.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-dsc06072.jpg
Mr. Kiran Kumar GM sales, Orion Motors

Last edited by Amarendranath : 24th May 2014 at 11:53.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Awaiting the interior shots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Also some more pics of the interior would be nice.
Took a while, But i am finally uploading the interior shots of the car.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-24.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-17.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-15.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-26.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-32.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-43.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-52.jpg
Electric controls for seat adjustment
Amarendranath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 11:17   #81
BHPian

I always felt that Detailing is a must on any vehicle, The respect and stares you get for a Detailed vehicle would make us chuckle while at sleep. I always used to maintain the shine on my R15. The detailing bug did infuse its DNA into me and i have completely transformed into a DIY enthusiast. Kept digging and digging into this concept for months now. Finally did a complete session on the Jetta last weekend.

Prodedure:

1. Washing :

Thoroughly washed the car with Shampoo using the two bucket method. Used a hose pipe for rinsing the car and wash mitts to clean the car. The entire car was dried using the Meguiar Water Magnet towel. Once the sheeting is done, this towel does a good job in drying the car without any streaks, However there shall be minimum amount of water on the car.

2. Decontamination:

Being a new car, i didn't expect any contamination or iron deposits on the car. However the itch to try the product Carpro Ironx, sprayed the product all over the car. The entire car was free from iron deposits but for the alloys. The alloys are the obvious victims for the iron deposits. The bleeding effect from the product where on contact with the iron deposits the product turns into a burgundy color, is fun to watch.

3. Claying:

To further clean the surface, claying is a must. Though not much was need on the body, the clay removed a lot of contaminants from the lower panels of the car. I was gentle on the top surface of the car as claying with slightly damage or create scratches. Being my first time didn't want to experiment with the regular clay and opted the Ultima Elastrofoam. Sponge type product and can also be used if dropped. A simple MF wipe or water will do.

4. Polishing:

Scholls A15 was used to polish the car. I don't have a DA polisher yet and applied the polish with hand. I'm inclined towards the flex fr 3401 shall see how that goes. The A15 is an all-in-one product where it has abrasives to conceal the swirls and when used with a Medium or heavy cutting ( scholls spider ) pad will remove the swirls ( light to medium ) completely. I for once applied with the Scholl's white applicator puck. Overall was quite happy with the results.

5. Waxing:

Final step, i used the Scholls W6 crystal wax. This is a hybrid product. Shine of a wax and protection like a sealant. The wax has a strawberry kind of smell and was very easy to apply. It is a wipe on and wipe off kind of product and any delay in wiping off the wax, it would haze to thick white color.

Sealant:

I used the Scholl's Neo sealant to protect the windshield, side windows and the rear windscreen. Also applied the same on the Alloys. Cleaned the wheels using the Sonus APC and ironx ( brushes were used) before applying the sealant. A Excellent product. The water beading is amazing.

Special thanks to El lobo6061, pedaltothefloor, mvh. Pasted all the link of purchase as they may be useful. Absolutely no marketing involved.

Few pics:

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-24.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-51.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-3.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-33.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-13.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-31.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-23.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-1.jpg

Last edited by Amarendranath : 6th June 2014 at 11:19.
Amarendranath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 20:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I always felt that Detailing is a must on any vehicle, The respect and stares you get for a Detailed vehicle would make us chuckle while at sleep. I always used to maintain the shine on my R15. The detailing bug did infuse its DNA into me and i have completely transformed into a DIY enthusiast. Kept digging and digging into this concept for months now. Finally did a complete session on the Jetta last weekend.
[/center]
This is your knight in shining armour (quite literally)! It looks amazing now Amar. I was looking for a hose pipe when you gave me the link, but after seeing it I thought that there was no use for it. Anyways, you work too hard and I don't and I don't wash cars because my driver does it (Oh! The joys) and polishes ().
Keep us updated.
Regards,
thebfg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 07:29   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is an AWESOME result you got on the car, a very detailed step by step instruction, and quite a collection too. Looks like you got bitten really hard by the detailing bug. Now I got another ready reckoner in you for any questions I have on detailing
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 14:58   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
By the way, what did you name her?
I never really name any vehicle, But i started calling her "The Jet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
This is your knight in shining armour (quite literally)! It looks amazing now Amar. Anyways, you work too hard
Let me tell you, finishing the car by hand is tiring as hell. Machine makes the work much easier. The end result however is what puts back that smile on your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
I don't and I don't wash cars because my driver does it (Oh! The joys) and polishes ().
Even if we do hire a driver, he would be getting a strict one week long lessons on what to do and what no to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
That is an AWESOME result you got on the car, a very detailed step by step instruction, and quite a collection too. Looks like you got bitten really hard by the detailing bug. Now I got another ready reckoner in you for any questions I have on detailing
Yup, it did! I want to learn more and more about detailing. From a state where i didn't even know how to wipe and wash a car, I'm finally picking up on my new found interest. Where this interest takes me is yet to be seen.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 8th June 2014 at 15:00.
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 22:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

Very good ownership report of your Jetta .

Quote:
Waxing:

Final step, i used the Scholls W6 crystal wax. This is a hybrid product.
Did W6 attract dust in the initial days after the application? I'm very happy with the kind of deep looks this wax gives but my car was a dust magnet for 2-3 days after the application. It however reduced after that. I also tried Poorboy's natty blue paste wax on a panel but it didn't attract any dust. I earlier used Meguiars Nxt wax and it was a dust magnet too.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 9th June 2014 at 22:13.
Old 9th June 2014, 23:32   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Very good ownership report of your Jetta .
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it

Quote:
Did W6 attract dust in the initial days after the application? I'm very happy with the kind of deep looks this wax gives but my car was a dust magnet for 2-3 days after the application.
I'm afraid i don't have a proper answer for this, As soon as the detailing session was over it started raining. So i took care and covered the car. Also my place is usually very dusty. But as far as i noticed i don't think w6 attracted any dust.

Quote:
It however reduced after that.
May be the climate was such for those 3 days?

Quote:
I earlier used Meguiars Nxt wax and it was a dust magnet too.
May be wax with polymers are such, i am not able to confirm but we also noticed dust accumulation after using duster ( contains paraffin wax) didn't we? I guess this happens. Will definitely update the next time i notice this.

Quote:
I also tried Poorboy's natty blue paste wax on a panel but it didn't attract any dust.
'To make things easier on show car preparers, it was designed to ward off dust better than other waxes'.
I read the above in the Poorboy's blue wax description. Going by what they claim, may be all the wax's have this dust accumulation thing? Shall definitely check now.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 9th June 2014 at 23:34.
Old 24th June 2014, 01:03   #87
BHPian

A short Trip To Karnool

After the accident that followed soon after getting home the JET, i couldn't drive the car much. My shoulder use to hurt for the slight pressure required to change from P(park) to D(drive). However been recovering from it and could finally stretch myself for a long drive. I never initially planned for the drive but ended up covering about 700km in a day. The idea was to take a car on a long drive and enjoy the true driving characteristics. We ( Along with couple of my close Bud's) started along at around 3am in the morning. The total distance that had to covered was approximately 230km. The construction of ORR was a boon, with speeds of around 120kmph and after passing three tollgates we could finally reached Allampur. Took a stop once for refreshments, redbull etc. The goal was to reach Allampur Next day we went to Alampur to visit Jogulamba/Navabhrama temple and watch the sunrise from the river banks of Tungabhadra river. But that didn't happen as we got late. The temples here were totally different, the entire place was more like an ancient dynasty. The temple is at the meeting point of the rivers Tungabhadra and Krishna and surrounded by the Nallamala forests. The government is now building a bridge over these rivers for public transport, could see the construction in progress. We did manage to have few good memories here, there was a small ferry/boat/ means of transport that carries you from one side of the river to the other, which was fun! Made super cool videos while in the ferry. We couldn't find any good food till we reached Allampur and had to drive down in hunger. Surprisingly all our hunger went down once we got a glimpse of the river beds. We finally wrapped up the temple visit there and ate till our necks in Allampur and headed to Karnool.

Breathtaking view of the Sunrise, actually captured this from the highway as we didn't reach on time.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-43.jpg
This was once again from the Rail gate crossing, but finally couldn't get a proper glimpse.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-22.jpg
On the Narrow roads of Allampur, covered with black fields.

Few shots at the temple:

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-4.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-35.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-45.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-53.jpg

We started at 3am in the morning and reached Allampur by around 6am. We had reached karnool from the Jogulamba temple at around 9:30. There was a last minute itch to see the Belum caves, we finally started towards Belum Caves at around 11:30, half way through we realize that we cannot get back on time. Instead of the Belum caves we stopped at the AP tourism resort, had lunch and finally spent had some exhaustive and dehydrating moments on the Sets of ‘Bahubhali’ ( Rajamouli’s next, please do not ask me who Rajamouli is, A Top film director from the South ). The trip was pretty much done. From the AP toursim resort we start back to Hyderabad at around 4pm and reached Hyd Gachibowli ORR at 6:30pm.

From the Sets of Bahubhali

Few more Shots of the Location

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-13.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-23.jpg

There was a small path created in between those rocks, which i assume was for the artists and for carrying the camera equipment. I managed to click a killer pic of the 'JET'

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-42.jpg

Few pics at the AP Tourism Resort

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-15.jpg
The Jet with full of Bugs and road dust

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo3.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-34.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-52.jpg
Wiper were of no use to removed the bug marks

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-33.jpg
AP Tourism resort

Finally after heading back to the city, drove straight to 3M. I was tired driving all day and had no patience to wash the car and couldn't let the car sit with dirt till the next day. Got the interior and exterior cleaning done from 3M. The beige interiors need maintenance else would turn black in no time.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-27.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-36.jpg
Arun takes real good care of his customers cars. However Mine and Anurag's(BHPian) cars get that extra special attention.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-54.jpg

Sygic:

I was looking up for a good navigation source for a long time now, but recently Sygic application launched a all new updated application. I was blown away by their navigation services, everything from lane changes to speed limits work perfectly on this app. However a lot of bugs were noticed with this new update, few of the routes were no accurate and re-routing issues were noticed. I am definitely investing 2k into this app, this saves the costs involved with a navigation device ( once the bugs are fixed)

Name:  photo 1.PNG
Views: 1356
Size:  111.5 KB

Name:  photo 2.PNG
Views: 1330
Size:  109.2 KB

Name:  photo 4.PNG
Views: 1320
Size:  119.4 KB

Coming to the JET:

• I had no discomfort in the entire drive whatsoever, the was adjusting myself once or twice as this was with the monotony of sitting for long hours. Excellent seat cushioning.
  • The stability of the car is mind blowing. The entire journey had speeds between 100kmph or more, never once did the car break my nerves.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed the 'S' mode. What i had noticed is that, even in the S mode the car doesn't hold gears till 4000rpm if light throttle inputs are given. This totally changes when hard throttle inputs ate given. I was totally carried away by the kickdowns in S mode. However once should be very carfeul with the S mode as speed climb up within seconds and one doesn't know the speed they are at.
  • The guys in the rear very happily sleeping and they say not once did they feel uncomfortable, after driving their hatches, they say JET felt like heaven.
  • I could manage to get around 18kmpl and 15kmpl throughout the entire journey. Need to take classes from graaja on how to achieve those magic figures. The mentioned figures included sedate and hard driving styles.
  • The steering feedback is great at high speeds. The car turns where you direct it to.
  • There is a small dot size on the wind shield which i suspect is a chip shall get this checked at the workshop.
  • The tires have excellent grip. The entire cabin is super silent even at high speeds with very little wind noise. However the only downer to 'Quantum of Silence' is the Pathetic road noise from those tires. Lesson learnt- listen to the enthusiasts.
  • The audio system is excellent! In no plan to upgrade it. Tweaks to the bass setting will really blow your mind.
  • The Projector headlamps are a must have, excellent throw and visibility. I was under the impression that the head lamp washers were just a party trick, i was wrong. They come in handy to get rid of the bugs and improve visibility.
Miscellaneous:
  • The entire fuel cost for the trip was 2500.
  • There are three toll gates, fare being around 300 up and down.
  • The food at AP tourism resort was great, did not expect that.
  • A small stretch of about 6km is being laid on the way to AP tourism resort so had to maintain a speed of 30kmph to avoid punctures.
  • Tire pressure was 35psi all tires, 5 of us on board.
A Google image of the Belum caves, we are definitely visiting this place the next time. Had to give it a miss due to the time constraint. Incase anyone is planning to visit Karnool, please make sure you visit this place.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-belumcaves3.jpg

Last edited by Amarendranath : 24th June 2014 at 01:29.
Amarendranath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 23:43   #88
BHPian

Finally after lots of speculations and apprehensions bought the Pressure Washer today. The same machine was bought by Anurag as well, lets try it out together buddy!!

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo4.jpg
Karcher k3.550

Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 02:31   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Finally after lots of speculations and apprehensions bought the Pressure Washer today. The same machine was bought by Anurag as well, lets try it out together buddy!!
Lol buddy, we have bought it together, now let's see how far we use it and how
our rides stay clean.

Waiting to start detailing my Swift and your Tempest Blue.

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 10:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting to start detailing my Swift and your Tempest Blue.
Yup, Planning to get the Flex in a month or so. 'Let the detailing begin'.

So you finally ready to give up your fortress eh ? Also your chicha Arun will miss you buddy. I don't mean to ridicule them but those guys are a tad bit lazy. You do know the shoddy work done by them for the door handles PPF. I don't usually prefer doing things the second time. After pondering Arun and blasting that work the new result you can see below.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-1.jpg
sorry, re-sizing always affecting the quality.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-2.jpg
you can hardly notice the PPF

They could have achieved this level of precision if they were careful the first time. Twice the effort and cost for them. Of course the management can not be blamed for poor work of their workers. What i didn't like is that Arun was backing up the poor work done. There might be quite a few people like us who are very particular even about very small details, but not everyone who owns a car. So for them its not Paisa Wasool. All i'm saying is treat every customer the same way and with same levels of work. Also their paint sealant program can be improved. Lets suggest Arun to get new staff when we visit next. Also they gave a quote of 50k for the PPF and carbon fiber wrap i asked. For now will drop it and get it done in Delhi or Ahmadabad when i drive to those places.

Quote:
Lol buddy, we have bought it together, now let's see how far we use it and how
our rides stay clean.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=261350398038

Do check this out, its a must.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 5th July 2014 at 10:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks