Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:04   #91
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
There is an irritating feature - not a niggle though - in my Purple Cheetah. When I drive solo, obviously the front passenger seat belt will remain unworn as there is no passenger apart from the driver. But, the 'passenger seat belt not worn' warning light will remain on in the central bezel switch bank. There is no way to switch off that warning lamp other than inserting the buckle in the slot and locking it.
You should refrain yourself from inserting the buckle in the slot and locking it, even when no passenger is sitting on the side seat. Who knows, if the same sensor (in the buckle) is used for activation/deactivation of passenger airbag (rather than a weight sensor). You would be better off with a passenger seatbelt not worn light than an un-necessary passenger airbag replacement expense (god forbid!).
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

Wow... That's one nice write up, of both your car and your journeys.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:57   #93
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Did not post it as the the solution for the problem you mentioned because I thought you might have already tried it.
Thanks, A350XWB. I checked the vent-openings in the first and second rows. Somehow, I overlooked checking the vents in the third row. The rear AC was in operation during Bangalore-Chennai trip. While folding back the third row seat, I might have closed the vent inadvertently. Anyway, Purple Cheetah was scheduled to visit India Garage for the other two issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Wow... That's one nice write up, of both your car and your journeys.
Thanks, nitinbose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
You should refrain yourself from inserting the buckle in the slot and locking it, even when no passenger is sitting on the side seat.
I did that for testing purpose only when Purple Cheetah was stationary and parked in the garage. When I drive solo on rare occasion like yesterday, 'passenger seat belt not worn' warning lamp will always be lit!

Old 1st May 2014, 21:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, Purple Cheetah was scheduled to visit India Garage for the other two issues.
Ravi Sir, though I stumbled upon this thread of yours after 4 months of its initiation, let me be not left behind in congratulating you on possessing and taming this wild Cheetah. Many many congratulations.

Here's wishing you a very happy and fruitful relationship with your Cheetah and may your Cheetah conquer all those unknown places, which were out of bounds for your Linea.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 07:42   #95
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many many congratulations.
Thanks a lot, AutoIndian. At last, I bid farewell to my erstwhile Linea on 2 February 2014. The details are here. I also got converted myself from petrol-powered to diesel-driven! Purple Cheetah has already visited 5 states/UT and the number will be increasing in another few months.

Old 3rd May 2014, 14:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is an irritating feature - not a niggle though - in my Purple Cheetah. When I drive solo, obviously the front passenger seat belt will remain unworn as there is no passenger apart from the driver. But, the 'passenger seat belt not worn' warning light will remain on in the central bezel switch bank. There is no way to switch off that warning lamp other than inserting the buckle in the slot and locking it.

Attachment 1229303
AFAIK the light goes off when the driver is wearing the seat belt and there is no passenger. However, I will confirm the same and post my findings.
Old 5th May 2014, 20:40   #97
J.Ravi

This afternoon, I received a call from a Mahindra customer relationship staff, who informed that I won the third prize in the Mahindra sulfie [SUV+selfie] contest, comprising a coffee-table book and toy car. When I requested for a miniature XUV 500, she told me that she noted down my request for the needful. This is the sulfie that got me the prize:

I am eagerly waiting for the prize.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th May 2014 at 20:44.
  (16) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 22:10   #98
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congrats on winning the third price. It is nice of Mahindra to conduct such contests, which keeps owners more involved with their cars.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 22:12   #99
BHPian

Hearty congrats Ravi sir. You deserve it.
Chuchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 23:06   #100
BHPian

Ravi Sir, hi! As a fellow owner of the 1.4 fire 2010 Linea I have been following your exemplary journeys on team-bhp for the last few years. I am glad you are glad to have gone SUV, gone XUV!

Sir, I have just bought the new Linea T-jet petrol. It is a beauty. Can I interest you in test driving it? Just so that you, probably the best known and most experienced owner of the previous petrol Linea, could share your comparative and other impressions and observations? If you have the time and energy to spare: please do!

Thanks, and regards.
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 00:12   #101
Senior - BHPian

J.Ravi,
Heartiest congratulations. Do post the pic of the model car. By the way, did the lady mention anything about the gbhp sticker?
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 08:40   #102
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
It is nice of Mahindra to conduct such contests, which keeps owners more involved with their cars.
Thanks, MAS. Mahindra conducts many such contests on their FB page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
You deserve it.
Thank you so much, Chuchan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
I have been following your exemplary journeys on team-bhp for the last few years.
Thanks a lot, desdemona.

Quote:
I have just bought the new Linea T-jet petrol. It is a beauty. Can I interest you in test driving it?
Congratulations and best wishes, desdemona. I will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Heartiest congratulations.
Thank you very much, joybhowmik.

Quote:
By the way, did the lady mention anything about the gbhp sticker?
The sticker is very apt for the powerful XUV 500. Perhaps, the message on the sticker was the deciding factor for the prize! No, the lady staffer did not discuss the photographs that won the prizes.

Old 8th May 2014, 23:01   #103
J.Ravi

A Quickie Chennai>Pondy>Chennai Trip

Today, Purple Cheetah took us for a quickie Chennai>Pondy>Chennai trip. We left Royapettah, Chennai, at 1:45 pm, took ECR, reached Ashram BP pump, Pondicherry at 4:15 pm, Purple Cheetah had tankful of diesel costing ₹58.04/litre, visited Manakula Vinayakar temple, visited our relatives at Lawspet, visited another relative at JIPMER, left there at 6:45 pm accompanied by showers via NH 66/45, dined at Hotel Aarya's Garden at Tindivanam bypass and reached home back at 10:00 pm.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaipondychennai08052014.jpg

Old 5th June 2014, 13:59   #104
J.Ravi

World Environment Day

I received this sms day-before-yesterday:

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20140605095502.png

Later, I called the RM, David Charles at India Garage, Guindy. He assured me that he would call me back to confirm the timings. Today morning, he called me promptly to inform that pollution checking camp was on from 10 am and I could come at any time. So, self and wife drove to India Garage, got the pollution test done for my Purple Cheetah and got a certificate too free of cost.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-puc.jpg

I was informed that MapMyIndia's map version 9.0 is still not received by them. I was assured that I would be informed, when the update is ready for installation.

Old 10th June 2014, 16:00   #105
J.Ravi

Quote:
This afternoon, I received a call from a Mahindra customer relationship staff, who informed that I won the third prize in the Mahindra sulfie [SUV+selfie] contest, comprising a coffee-table book and toy car.
Today, I received the coffee-table book and the toy car from Mahindra.

Quote:
When I requested for a miniature XUV 500, she told me that she noted down my request for the needful.
My request was not acted upon. Both the coffee-table book and the toy car are of Scorpio. Perhaps, Scorpio owners might have received XUV 500 coffee-table book and toy car!

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-scorpiotoycar1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-scorpiotoycar2.jpg

Most Viewed