Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2016, 21:43   #571
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah In Indore!

P Cheetah brought us safely and comfortably to Hotel Winway, Indore at 9 pm today. On the way, we visited Sanchi Stupa for 3 hours.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-indore.jpg

I enjoyed driving on the 4/6 lane toll road between Bhopal and Indore via Dewas.
  (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 12:45   #572
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah In Bangalore!

Purple Cheetah, me and wife arrived at our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 11:40 am today. We had left Hotel Winway, Indore, yesterday at 12:10 pm.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-tsmpmh.jpg

As usual, there has been no puncture, no breakdown, no accident, no damage and no problem in this trip. I am thankful to Purple Cheetah for that.

I will post the details and photographs in due course.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th March 2016 at 18:17. Reason: typo
  (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:31   #573
J.Ravi

One Marriage & Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites

I had planned to visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites located in MP and MH after attending a marriage at Hyderabad. But in reality, the 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites got reduced to 2 in MP due to paucity of time and scorching summer.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-tsmpmh.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-tsmpstay.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fe.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20160328114207958.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_20160328_114306.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_20160328_114237.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_20160328_115008.jpg
  (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:38   #574
BHPian

Re: One Marriage & Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I had planned to visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites located in MP and MH after attending a marriage at Hyderabad. But in reality, the 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites got reduced to 2 in MP due to paucity of time and scorching summer.
Dear J. Ravi,

I always read your posts. They are really good.

So, I am hoping you will give us another good report - of this trip.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 23:28   #575
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

It's always a pleasure going through your travelogue, you were born to drive!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 11:30   #576
BHPian

Wow how I envy you ravi sir. Did you complete Indore- bangalore without a break for sleepover.. That is some driving!!:-)
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 08:23   #577
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Did you complete Indore- bangalore without a break for sleepover.
Thanks for the appreciation, smekad. During my Indore-Bangalore drive, I had 2 power-naps in the early hours of the day, each of half-hour, [3:30-4 and 7-7:30] in KA. Earlier, I did Bangalore-Indore in 26 hours - including darshan at Shirdi - in 2013 in my erstwhile Linea. In fact, Linea had tankful of petrol at the same BP COCOO, Dhule, where P Cheetah had diesel in this trip! I slightly changed the route and didn't visit the temple this time. So, I could do it in 24 hours.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-hp.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-bpcocoodhule.jpg
  (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:04   #578
BHPian

Hello sir. Am planning for a trip from Hubli to Indore on 1st week of may. I actually planned to travel Hubli>Belgaum>Kolhapur>Pune>Sangamner>Nashik>Maleg aon>Dhule>Indore. A total of about 1050kms one way. GKMahajan sir advised to take the Pune>Thane>Nashik road instead, because of road construction in Pune-Sangamner-Nashik segment. Which route would be better? I initially planned to complete the drive in a day, from Hubli to Indore. Is it doable?

I've recently gifted myself the new Tata Safari Storme 400NM 2 weeks back. Your travelogues have been a great inspiration.
doc_zeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:32   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
Hello sir. Am planning for a trip from Hubli to Indore on 1st week of may. I actually planned to travel Hubli>Belgaum>Kolhapur>Pune>Sangamner>Nashik>Maleg aon>Dhule>Indore. A total of about 1050kms one way. GKMahajan sir advised to take the Pune>Thane>Nashik road instead, because of road construction in Pune-Sangamner-Nashik segment. Which route would be better? I initially planned to complete the drive in a day, from Hubli to Indore. Is it doable?

I've recently gifted myself the new Tata Safari Storme 400NM 2 weeks back. Your travelogues have been a great inspiration.
First of all congratulations on your new Tata Safari Storme 400NM. I would second what GKMahajan sir has advised. You will touch Pune on NH4 at the Katraj-Ambegaon bypass. From there getting onto the Nasik highway (NH50) would be a nightmare (at least during daytime) due to the very heavy traffic. Then further on NH50 upto Chakan it its a 4 lane toll road, but with medium to heavy traffic. The 4 lanes converge to two from Khed-Rajgurunagar. You will get good traffic upto Narayanga & Alephata. Alephata to Sinnar would be a breeze, though 4-laning is underway.

You can avoid all these hassles if you take the Katraj-Dehuroad bypass and touch the Mumbai-Pune expressway directly. At Belapur you will have to go straight towards Airoli (instead of the left flyover towards Vashi-Sion). From Airoli you cross the Thane creek and get onto the Eastern Express Highway. Once you touch that, there is no looking back till you reach Indore. This de-tour would increase your distance by 100-200 kms, but would definitely save you 2-3 hours. I would suggest a stopover journey, because this is really a very long one.

Wishing you a happy journey
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:39   #580
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
GKMahajan sir advised to take the Pune>Thane>Nashik road instead, because of road construction in Pune-Sangamner-Nashik segment.
This is a route full of 4/6 lane expressways/roads. But, you have to cross Pune bypass, Navi Mumbai and Thane bypass to join NH 3.
Quote:
Which route would be better?
You can consider Hubli>Pune>Ranjangaon>Ahmednagar bypass>Shirdi>Malegaon>Dhule>Indore. 1,038 km. This route has 4-lane roads upto Shirdi and some distance beyond. They don't collect toll for LMV. After that, it is a good two lane road until it joins Malegaon bypass. Beyond that, it is excellent 4-lane road all the way to Indore. But, you have to drive through Shirdi and Manmad. The advantages include lots and lots of eateries between Ahmednagar and Shirdi. I counted 4 Vithal Kamat's, 2 each on either side on that stretch. In fact, we had our dinner in one of them.
Quote:
I initially planned to complete the drive in a day, from Hubli to Indore. Is it doable?
Easily doable in 18 hours including breaks for food, refuelling and power-naps.
Quote:
I've recently gifted myself the new Tata Safari Storme 400NM 2 weeks back.
Congratulations and best wishes.
Quote:
Your travelogues have been a great inspiration.
Thank you, doc_zeus.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th April 2016 at 09:48.
  (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 14:12   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
First of all congratulations on your new Tata Safari Storme 400NM. I would second what GKMahajan sir has advised. You will touch Pune on NH4 at the Katraj-Ambegaon bypass. From there getting onto the Nasik highway (NH50) would be a nightmare (at least during daytime) due to the very heavy traffic.

You can avoid all these hassles if you take the Katraj-Dehuroad bypass and touch the Mumbai-Pune expressway directly. At Belapur you will have to go straight towards Airoli (instead of the left flyover towards Vashi-Sion). From Airoli you cross the Thane creek and get onto the Eastern Express Highway. Once you touch that, there is no looking back till you reach Indore. This de-tour would increase your distance by 100-200 kms, but would definitely save you 2-3 hours. I would suggest a stopover journey, because this is really a very long one.

Wishing you a happy journey
Very detailed info. Thank you AutoIndian. My initial plan included my trip through Pune-sangamner to nashik. That was my main concern, as how much time would it take to cross Pune in day time. That's the main reason I put up the question. So thanks to you and Mahajan sir, I'll take the Thane route to nashik.

Quote:

You can consider Hubli>Pune>Ranjangaon>Ahmednagar bypass>Shirdi>Malegaon>Dhule>Indore[/url]. 1,038 km. This route has 4-lane roads upto Shirdi and some distance beyond. They don't collect toll for LMV. After that, it is a good two lane road until it joins Malegaon bypass. Beyond that, it is excellent 4-lane road all the way to Indore. But, you have to drive through Shirdi and Manmad.
Easily doable in 18 hours including breaks for food, refuelling and power-naps.

Congratulations and best wishes.
Thank you sir.
I'm planning Hubli-Pune-Thane-nashik-Indore. And return trip as you suggested, via ahmednagar bypass-shirdi-ranjangaon-pune. I usually don't follow the same route for onward and return journeys. So this will be perfect.
doc_zeus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 00:29   #582

Tow-Eye on XUV 500?

Quote:
I was told that the threaded portion was painted, hence, there was some difficulty in screwing in the tow-eye. The excess paint on the threaded portion of the slot was removed, making the fastening the tow-eye an easy job. I could easily screw in the tow-eye to almost full length without any issue now. But, contrary to the instruction of owner's manual, the tow-eye could be fastened by rotating it in the clockwise direction only and not in anti-clockwise direction.

Thanks to the RM, David Charles, now my Purple Cheetah is back to normal as it was earlier. It goes without saying that all these works were done free of cost.
Any recommendations on where to get the tow-eye? I would like to install one on my face lift XUV500 as well in preparation for the Ladakh trip. Is there an option of installing the tow-eye only on the rear? Has anyone installed it in front as well?
Old 11th April 2016, 07:41   #583
J.Ravi

Re: Tow-Eye on XUV 500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjains View Post
Has anyone installed it in front as well?
My P Cheetah has a sturdy tow-hook fixed at the front, centre, bottom. Hope, the new age XUV 500 must have that too. Please check. If not, contact the authorized service station to get one fixed at the front.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_1560.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 11th April 2016 at 07:47.
  (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 14:32   #584
J.Ravi

Here are some photographs clicked at Khajuraho temples, MP:

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06823.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06828.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06829.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06834.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06835.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06838.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06841.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-varaha.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06849.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06857.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06864.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06871.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06879.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06880.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06889.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06891.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06912.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06920.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06934.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06939.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06942.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06944.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_20160325_170330.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th April 2016 at 14:55.
  (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:42   #585
J.Ravi

Here are some photographs clicked at Sanchi Stupa, MP:

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06955.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-sanchiunescoheritagesite.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-sanchistupaarch.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06963.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06983.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06992.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc07000.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc07006.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc07015.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc07019.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_20160326_152904.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc07032.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc07037.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th April 2016 at 15:47.
  (6) Thanks

Most Viewed