Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 07:41   #556
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Was the registration smooth for you ?
Yes. I didn't face any issue for registration and subsequent logging in.
Quote:
I actually got an SMS on my mobile that my FasTag customer account was created
That means, your mobile number is registered. Try again. You can also call them and seek their assistence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Did your XUV have any RFID tag from Mahindra?
Yes, sbala. But, that RFID with vehicle details cannot be used as FASTag, I was told.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag2.jpg
  (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 10:02   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

That means, your mobile number is registered. Try again. You can also call them and seek their assistence.

Attachment 1471510
I tried again today and this time I got the OTP. Logged to the site and found out that they've messed up my address details , and there's no way I can edit the address. Will contact them to get this fixed.

I hope that the tag works properly.
Old 6th February 2016, 15:26   #558
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, sbala. But, that RFID with vehicle details cannot be used as FASTag, I was told.

Attachment 1471510
In my 2015 New Age XUV, Mahindra has placed its RFID exactly in the place where you have fixed your FASTag. I am planning to get one and will have to find out a place to fix.
Old 6th February 2016, 17:20   #559
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
they've messed up my address details
In my case, they have demoted XUV 500 to Mini Xylo Hatch!

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastagdetails.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I am planning to get one and will have to find out a place to fix.
They will affix FASTag by the side of Mahindra RFID at the same level, I think.

Old 10th February 2016, 16:19   #560
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah's FASTag Worked At Last!

Today, P Cheetah's FASTag worked brilliantly at Vaniyambadi/Pallikonda/Sriperumbudur toll plazas. At Attibele toll plaza, when I flashed the headlights, the barricade was removed and P Cheetah was allowed to pass through, but the toll was not deducted until now. So, it is toll-free pass-through for FASTag vehicles, it appears. During my last visit to Chennai too, P Cheetah had a toll-free pass-through. At Krishnagiri toll plaza, I missed the exclusive FASTag lane due to traffic congestion.

We left our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 4:05 am, drove non-stop and reached Iyyappanthangal, Chennai at 9 am.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20160210110124891.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20160210144445488.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20160210130935877.jpeg
  (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 20:53   #561
BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah Is Now FASTag-Enabled

Quote:
Mr Avinash Jangra, Relationship Manager, Payment Solutions, ICICI Bank: 78997 47387
Thanks for the details Ravi. I contacted Avinash and he explained the process very patiently.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 16:17   #562
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah Given Clean Chit

It's time for a small update.

Today, I drove to MPL, Saligramam, Chennai and got Purple Cheetah fully checked in the free 75-point check-up camp and thoroughly washed. The SA informed me that everything was alright with P Cheetah.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-75pointcheck.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th March 2016 at 16:21.
  (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 09:38   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah Given Clean Chit

Quote:
Today, I drove to MPL, Saligramam, Chennai
How do you rate work at MPL Saligramam compared to other Chennai workshops?
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 13:47   #564
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
How do you rate work at MPL Saligramam compared to other Chennai workshops?
Very good. Last time, India Garage, Guindy did a shabby washing during 40 k km servicing, including some engine care although I specifically instructed them not to do anything other than what was specified in the service schedule. So, I decided to try another service provider in Chennai. So, I drove to MPL, Saligramam. I witnessed their checking from the customers' lounge window. The mechanic did a thorough check including underbody. Tightened some nuts and bolts. He inspected all the discs. Washing quality was good. The access was through a street from Arcot road. One has to drive carefully to reach this place and back to the main road. On the whole, I had a good experience contrary to that of India Garage, Guindy.
  (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 14:25   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The access was through a street from Arcot road. One has to drive carefully to reach this place and back to the main road.
Thanks for the feedback.

This place is walk-able distance from my in-laws place, hence the query. Yes, if not familiar with the locality the place may be difficult to find.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:54   #566
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah In Hyderabad!

Purple Cheetah brought me and my wife to Hyderabad safely and comfortably today afternoon. It's 41 deg C here, according to my smartphone.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-hyderabad.jpg

I missed the left turn at Mederametla on NH 5 this morning due to [i] perhaps, I drove on the completed grade separator, where there were no prominant signage and [ii] I depended on my outdated dash navigator, which guided me through Chilakaluripeta. Anyway, I drove some 20+ km on a good 2-lane road until it joined the 4-lane SH between Addanki and Piduguralla. Many times I drove in the night, but never missed that important left turn. But, today, in the broad daylight, I missed it.

After checking into Red Fox, Hitech City, we drove to 13 Dhaba, Madhapur and had late lunch comprising paneer paratha, kachori and sweet lassi. Royal Enfield riders get 10% discount here!
  (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:03   #567
Senior - BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah In Hyderabad!

Quote:
Purple Cheetah brought me and my wife to Hyderabad safely and comfortably today afternoon.
Sir, looks like you are on another epic journey Where you are headed to?

Wish you a happy journey and drive safe
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:13   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

This place is walk-able distance from my in-laws place, hence the query. Yes, if not familiar with the locality the place may be difficult to find.
mpksuhas,

I was told this MPL XUV 500 service station is closed. I haven't seen many XUV's parked there compared to earlier times. I live near by and pass by this place every day.
SubramoniamAB is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 10:03   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah In Hyderabad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Where you are headed to?
Seems like he is out on a roaming trip to TS, MP and MH States. The XLS title reads so

Nevertheless, awaiting more exciting updates! Have a safe drive and keep munching (s)miles!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 02:19   #570
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah In Sagar, MP!

Me, wife and P Cheetah arrived at Hotel Deepali Residency, Sagar, MP, safely and comfortably today at 1 am.

Left Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad at 12 noon yesterday after brunch, drove to Haldiram's, Shankarnagar Square, Nagpur after 7 hours of non-stop driving. Took a long break of one hour for dinner topped up by rasamalai and lassi. Adilabad-Hinganghat stretch has remained pothole/crater-free, although continues to be bumpy. I could easily maintain 80-100 kmph in sixth gear on this stretch. Left Haldiram's at 8 pm; on the way, P Cheetah had tankful at Sitabuldi IOC COCOO and reached Sagar non-stop. The previous tankful was at Hyderabad Hitech City IOC COCOO.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-sagar.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Sir, looks like you are on another epic journey
There is nothing epic about this drive. We came to Hyderabad to attend a midnight marriage. So, I included a few places to make it a short trip!

Quote:
Where you are headed to?
Since already Avinash explained it, I will keep mum.

Quote:
Wish you a happy journey and drive safe
Thanks, Sunay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Seems like he is out on a roaming trip to TS, MP and MH States. The XLS title reads so
Good observation.

Quote:
Have a safe drive and keep munching (s)miles!
Thanks, Avinash.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed