Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:14   #541
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

I am trying to get the same here in Mumbai but so far i have been unsuccessful, The customer care of ICICI clearly says they have no idea about it, The toll free number mentioned on the ICICI website directly asks me for my TAG pin number to continue, And the branch mentioned on the website to contact too says they have no idea about it, Well now thats really annoying.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:31   #542
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am trying to get the same here in Mumbai but so far i have been unsuccessful,
Why don't you call the ICICI Bank RM in Bangalore, who may be able to guide you to the right person in Mumbai?
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 21:00   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Why don't you call the ICICI Bank RM in Bangalore, who may be able to guide you to the right person in Mumbai?

Yes that seems to be the last option, I sent a person to 2 other branches here in mumbai to check with them but even they refused clearly saying they have no idea about it,
Thanks for the contacts details ill contact them tomorrow, Seems to be a long shot but could be worth a shot, Will keep you posted.
Old 26th December 2015, 14:06   #544
J.Ravi

XUV500 W8 FWD Face-To-Face With i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN

My XUV500 W8 FWD and my son's i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN, delivered on 27 Nov 2015, pose together.

Both have some similarities: equally powerful at 78 BHP/tonne with OE stock projector headlamps, cornering lights, roof-rails, all-round claddings, dash navigator, electric folding ORVMs, rear spoiler, rear wiper/washer, auto headlamps and many more.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06446.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06449.jpg
  (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 15:25   #545
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah's Second Birthday!

P Cheetah celebrates its second birthday today.

P Cheetah received a timely birthday present [OBD HUD] today by tracking-enabled registered post, which I had ordered on 5 Dec 2015 with Ali Express, costing $ 26.03 [₹1,813.62]. I didn't pay any customs duty as the the post was marked as a gift with a less value.

The FIR: the fuel efficiency is available in litres/hour and litres/100 km and not in kmpl. The display is better with the reflective screen to be pasted on the windshield, but I am yet to decide on that.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06460.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06461.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06467.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06470.jpg
  (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 08:17   #546
J.Ravi

Bangalore To Chennai Non-Stop

Purple Cheetah brought us safely to our Chennai Royapettah home at 5:05 am today. We had left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 11:35 pm last night. So, home-to-home in five and half hours.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-blorechennai31122015.jpg

P Cheetah's FASTag didn't work in any of the toll plazas. At Attibele toll plaza, there was a big queue in all other lanes. When I flashed the headlights, the barricades were removed on the exclusive FASTag lane, which was empty. But, I didn't see P Cheetah's registration number and the amount deducted on the screen. I was asked to proceed. At Krishnagiri toll plaza, I missed the dedicated FASTag lane due to heavy congestion and paid manually. At Vaniyampadi, Pallikonda and Nemili [Sriperumpudur] toll plazas, P Cheetah's FASTag was not read and an error message of 'invalid tag' appeared on their monitor. I was asked to reverse to go in front of their camera several times in all these toll plazas, but in vain. I paid manually at all these toll plazas. In Chennasamudram toll plaza, the exclusive FASTag lane was closed due to cleaning! So, in nutshell, I had a free pass through at Attibele and paid manually at all other toll plazas! After reaching home, I logged into FASTag website of ICICI Bank and found that my account is active and the balance is untouched, i.e., Attibele toll was not deducted. So, something is wrong somewhere, which needs to be sorted out.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20151231053041612.jpeg

The next topic is on OBD HUD. I found that the digital speed displays of OBD HUD is more by 4% than the analog odometer. When I was driving at 100 kmph using cruise control, the digital displays were showing 104 kmph most of the time! After Vellore, OBD HUD started showing low fuel alarm with the distance-to-empty as 50 km gradually reducing to zero, when the infotainment panel showed 600+ km as the distance-to-empty! Similarly, it urged me to have a coffee/tea break! These two alarms were flashing until I reached home!

The last, but not the least, on the dreaded Ranipet-Chennai section. While most of the potholes and craters have been patched up, there are still some left out. I drove at 80 kmph using cruise control in most of the dreaded sections. I remember two unattended deep potholes at Sunguvarchattiram bypass, waiting to break an axle or two of some innocent vehicles. I took Porur-Vadapalani Arcot Road to reach my home. I found black-topping going on in full swing at many places on Arcot Road.
  (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 11:02   #547
BHPian

Re: Bangalore To Chennai Non-Stop

Quote:
P Cheetah's FASTag didn't work in any of the toll plazas. At Attibele toll plaza, there was a big queue in all other lanes. When I flashed the headlights, the barricades were removed on the exclusive FASTag lane, which was empty. But, I didn't see P Cheetah's registration number and the amount deducted on the screen. I was asked to proceed. ....
So, in nutshell, I had a free pass through at Attibele and paid manually at all other toll plazas! After reaching home, I logged into FASTag website of ICICI Bank and found that my account is active and the balance is untouched, i.e., Attibele toll was not deducted. So, something is wrong somewhere, which needs to be sorted out.
Ravi sir,

From what I know, Attibele toll plaza is part of Bangalore Elevated Tollway which has it's own RFID tag (it is not yet integrated with NH's FASTag). I've that RFID tag and have seen my car's registration number and money deduction details whilst crossing.

More details can be found here.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 11:12   #548
J.Ravi

Re: Bangalore To Chennai Non-Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
From what I know, Attibele toll plaza is part of Bangalore Elevated Tollway which has it's own RFID tag (it is not yet integrated with NH's FASTag).
But, there is a barricaded, dedicated lane for FASTag with its logo prominently displayed at several places. I remember now that after entering the dedicated lane, it bifurcates into two sub-lanes, with the right one for RFID with a board saying so and the straight one for FASTag. IIRC, there were about 3 cars waiting in the queue in RFID lane and the FASTag lane was empty, through which I drove out.
Quote:
I've that RFID tag and have seen my car's registration number and money deduction details whilst crossing.
I too saw that for other cars, but not for my XUV 500. It remains a mystery!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 31st December 2015 at 11:23.

Old 1st January 2016, 13:44   #549
Senior - BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah's Second Birthday!

Quote:
P Cheetah celebrates its second birthday today.
Many congratulations Ravi Sir on reaching that milestone. Also here's wishing you and your family a very happy new year.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 23:42   #550
J.Ravi

Chennai>Tindivanam>Peravur>Tindivanam>Vandavasi>Ch eyyar>Krishnagiri>Bangalore

Today, Purple Cheetah drove 499.6 km from Chennai to Bangalore via Tindivanam>Peravur>Tindivanam>Vandavasi>Cheyyar>Kr ishnagiri>Hosur. Left Chennai Royapettah home at 12 noon, lunched at Aaryas, Tindivanam comprising full south Indian meals costing ₹ 90 including payasam, dropped a passenger at Peravur near Tindivanam, visited 2 temples, dined at Sai Sangeeth, near Vaniyampadi toll plaza and reached Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:40 pm.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-25012016mid.jpg

As expected, P Cheetah's FASTag was not recognized today too by any toll plazas. I have been assured that a new FASTag would be issued, if it didn't work in this trip. Lemme see.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 13:26   #551
J.Ravi

Quote:
P Cheetah's FASTag didn't work in any of the toll plazas.
Quote:
As expected, P Cheetah's FASTag was not recognized today too by any toll plazas.
Yesterday evening, a new replacement FASTag was delivered at home by an ICICI Bank representative. Today, I removed the old FASTag sticker using my finger nails, Swiss Army knife and shampoo+water, which was an ordeal that consumed more than half-hour. Then, the new FASTag was affixed at the same spot.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06501.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06504.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag6.jpg

Now, I am keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that the new FASTag would work during my next drive to Chennai in a few days.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06514.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 16:12   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening, a new replacement FASTag was delivered at home by an ICICI Bank representative. Today, I removed the old FASTag sticker using my finger nails, Swiss Army knife and shampoo+water, which was an ordeal that consumed more than half-hour. Then, the new FASTag was affixed at the same spot.

Now, I am keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that the new FASTag would work during my next drive to Chennai in a few days.
Ravi sir, so only your old FASTag sticker was not working which is why it got replaced? Mine is old one and is working well in Bangalore-Madras route and no issues at all.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 17:04   #553
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Ravi sir, so only your old FASTag sticker was not working which is why it got replaced?
Yes; the old tag was not read in any of the toll plazas between Bangalore and Chennai in both the ways. I escalated the issue in FASTag website, also talked to Avinash Jangra and got the replacement. Their customer care is very good. My complaint was constantly monitored by a staff through their Mumbai landline number. Today, she asked me whether I received the new replacement tag and when I answered in affirmative, she closed the complaint.

Old 5th February 2016, 19:47   #554
Senior - BHPian

J. Ravi, I got my FastTag chip today from ICICI Bomanahalli Branch. However, I could not register on their website using the customer id . I don't get any OTP on my mobile for the first time registration - tried a few times.

Was the registration smooth for you ? Maybe they have not registered my mobile number right and I need to open a ticket with their support.

EDIT - I actually got an SMS on my mobile that my FasTag customer account was created, so the mobile number in their records can't be wrong.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th February 2016 at 20:06.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 21:19   #555
BHPian

Ravi Sir - My XUV (2015) came with a RFID tag which i believe from Mahindra sticked to the same place where you have sticked your Fastag. Did your XUV have any RFID tag from Mahindra?
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks