Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 18:55   #526
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I have decided to get the future servicing done at Bangalore, as they are better than India Garage and near my home.
Hi Ravi, which service centre and RM/SA in Bangalore have you decided on? In my experience the RM does not exist and the SA changed each time. And thus, there was no continuity.

Tx.
Old 11th December 2015, 08:04   #527
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Hi Ravi, which service centre and RM/SA in Bangalore have you decided on?
Sireesh Auto, Magadi Road, Rajajinagar. Recently, I got the map upgrade done from v 8.0 to 9.0. This was my first visit. P. Cheetah was attended to immediately and got the work done without any fuss. I could not get the same done at India Garage, Guindy, Chennai. They used to tell one excuse or the other like there is no map upgrade available..new maps create problem..they will inform me as soon as they get the map upgrade..so on and so forth. A few days back, while checking the Mahindra XUV500 website, I found a pending service action for software upgradation. Then, I doubted whether India Garage did the sofware upgradation during the 40 k km service/silver box replacement a coupla months back. So, I called Abhay, SA over phone. He checked their system and called me back to confirm that P. Cheetah's softwares were uptodate and there was no service action pending.
  (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 15:20   #528
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah Is Now FASTag-Enabled

P. Cheetah has now got FASTag. Yesterday, a representative of ICICI Bank, Bommanahalli, Hosur Road visited our home and pasted the FASTag RFID sticker on the windshield from inside behind IRVM. On 11 Dec 2015, I completed the documentation process [application with the photocopies of PAN card, driving licence and RC] and gave a cheque for ₹ 1,000 in favour of ICICI ETC Pool A/c with the same gentleman. Now, my FASTag account has a balance of ₹ 513.75, which can be used for electronic toll payment. The balance amount of ₹ 486.25 was charged for [i] tag issuance fee of ₹ 286.25 including taxes and [ii] refundable tag deposit of ₹ 200 in the event of closure of the account.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag2.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag3.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag4.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag5.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-fastag6.jpg

After pasting the sticker, he collected the documents from my son for his new Hyundai i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN.
  (11) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 01:04   #529
Senior - BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah Is Now FASTag-Enabled

Quote:
P. Cheetah has now got FASTag. Yesterday, a representative of ICICI Bank, Bommanahalli, Hosur Road visited our home and pasted the FASTag RFID sticker on the windshield from inside behind IRVM. On 11 Dec 2015, I completed the documentation process [application with the photocopies of PAN card, driving licence and RC] and gave a cheque for ₹ 1,000 in favour of ICICI ETC Pool A/c with the same gentleman. Now, my FASTag account has a balance of ₹ 513.75, which can be used for electronic toll payment. The balance amount of ₹ 486.25 was charged for [i] tag issuance fee of ₹ 286.25 including taxes and [ii] refundable tag deposit of ₹ 200 in the event of closure of the account.

After pasting the sticker, he collected the documents from my son for his new Hyundai i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN.
Hello! Thats great, Thanks for the update I am too planning to get it for my cheetah by next week, Have you tried using the tag till now ? Was the process smooth? I am curious to see if it will actually work smoothly at all the toll plaza's.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 08:02   #530
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Have you tried using the tag till now ?
Not yet. I will update my experience here after my forthcoming drive to Chennai in another few days.
Quote:
Was the process smooth?
Very smooth. Collection of documents and delivery & fixing the RFID sticker are done at home/office. ICICI Bank has outsourced the front-end services to other service-providers, who service the customers at their homes/offices.
  (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 23:53   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. I will update my experience here after my forthcoming drive to Chennai in another few days.

Very smooth. Collection of documents and delivery & fixing the RFID sticker are done at home/office. ICICI Bank has outsourced the front-end services to other service-providers, who service the customers at their homes/offices.
Wow, Thats nice! But it seems the collection of documents etc is not available here in mumbai, Just had a talk with the customer care to which they themselves were not very sure about the details, I had to wait for a couple to minutes only for them to give me a address of the icici bank where i need to go with the documents, Ill probably call the bank first and ask if they can pickup the documents from my place.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 09:37   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Collection of documents and delivery & fixing the RFID sticker are done at home/office. ICICI Bank has outsourced the front-end services to other service-providers, who service the customers at their homes/offices.
Awesome. I PM'ed you. Please share the contact details of the person who can help do this for us without taking hassles of half day off and visit their office somewhere outskirts of the city!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 10:06   #533
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Awesome.
Thanks, abirnale.

Quote:
Please share the contact details of the person who can help do this for us without taking hassles of half day off and visit their office somewhere outskirts of the city!
I visited their office [RPC] located behind the Hosur Road branch of ICICI Bank at Bommnahalli. But, I was told that pick-up service is available from the customer's home/office.

For the convenience of those interested, I am giving the contact details of the concerned:

Mr Avinash Jangra, Relationship Manager, Payment Solutions, ICICI Bank: 78997 47387

Mr Nagesh V [who did the documentation and delivery of FASTag at home]: 94800 58927
  (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 11:54   #534
BHPian

Sir,when can we expect such a detailed wonderful review for the i20 active???
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 13:23   #535
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
when can we expect such a detailed wonderful review for the i20 active?
It depends on many ifs, buts and provideds.

Old 22nd December 2015, 12:59   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Ravi sir, looking forward to your experience with the FASTag. I was tempted to get one as well for my Bangalore - Kerala trips. But have seen that despite of calling out and marking the FASTag lanes, everyone was entering it as usual and the said lanes were collecting toll money. I did not see any attempts from the people managing tolls to enforce this as well. Wondering how much value add this brings if I have to wait behind in line even in FASTag lanes.
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:39   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Wondering how much value add this brings if I have to wait behind in line even in FASTag lanes.
One less thing to worry about carrying change or cash
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:41   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One less thing to worry about carrying change or cash
and when the paper roll gets over or power trips ☺.

Honestly, having seem some of the most biggest blunders our Techies make at BETL In Bangalore, I have zero hopes on this fast tag thingy.

They really have to create a separate lane atleast 100 Mrs before the actual booth with a guard allowing only fast tag equipped cars.
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:46   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

But for a few hundred rupees of investment, you get good convenience. When the tag reader does not work and you insist I can't pay by cash, you will be allowed to cross anyway. That might just be a free commute! And this paper roll/ power trip does not happen always. BETL may be the exception!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:59   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But for a few hundred rupees of investment, you get good convenience. When the tag reader does not work and you insist I can't pay by cash, you will be allowed to cross anyway. That might just be a free commute! And this paper roll/ power trip does not happen always. BETL may be the exception!
Agreed. I am only talking about the reality that we might need to face even with RFIDs. Paper and power tripping has never happened on BETL. Its actually happened to me on NH4 quite a few times.

We have so many simpler and effective ways to manage tolls. NH8 from Munbai till Ahmedabad had designated lanes for cars with strong walls/barricades where nothing else can enter. Not even a TT and there is a guard managing traffic and indicating cars to stay right.

Since you mentioned about escaping from carrying loose change, I was referring to Paper and Power trips that can also be reasons for longer waiting times at booths. It was all in jest.

Hoping to read some positive updates from Ravi sir on the same once he starts using this.

BTW, I always used RFID for BETL in WagonR. Only after Ertiga I am back to cash. Thats where my parents pass me a plastic cover full of coins ☺.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd December 2015 at 15:02.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks