Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 10:03   #436
BHPian

Re: Bangalore>Mysore>Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
One main difference I noticed on the Bangalore-Mysore SH 17: most of the speed-breakers have been replaced with barricades at most of the junctions, compelling us to drive zig-zag through those barricades.
that this barricade system can get truly annoying. One thing I as a sedan owner must say though is now I can drive a little happier just a little happier because no more under body scrapping because of those horrible speed breakers they were using. One month ago when I drove on this road there were no barricades too but now they are using these barricades and I have a feeling during night times they are a source of danger as people driving are not exactly alert and they might not realize the barricades were there until they get too close to them. Also my brother who drove down yesterday told me that most of these barricades lacked reflectors.

Wishing you many more miles of happiness with your Cheetah !!

Regards,
swamyzen
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 11:25   #437
J.Ravi

Re: Bangalore>Mysore>Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
Wishing you many more miles of happiness with your Cheetah !
Thanks a lot for the kind wishes, swamyzen.
Quote:
no more under body scrapping because of those horrible speed breakers they were using.
But, invariably, there was traffic jam before each set of barricades with everyone trying to squeeze into the little space available between those barricades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
I plan to buy the XUV W 10 hopefully with the A/T
I pray your wish becomes a reality soon, vinitbhavi. Thanks a lot for the compliments and wishes.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th August 2015 at 11:35.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:09   #438
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah Gets HUD!

Yesterday, I bought DigiHUD Pro Speedometer ad-free app from Google play, costing ₹ 98.43 for use in my P.Cheetah and B.Bird!

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06007.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06009.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06012.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06023.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-hud-normal-view.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-huddifferentscreens.jpg

Of course, it has its own share of niggles like showing 3 kmph speed, when kept stationary!
  (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:34   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Interesting application, can you please let know the following details also-

1.During day time, is the HUD projection bright enough?
2. I am able to see a combination where both navigation and speed is displayed in their Play store images. Were you able to try the same?
3. Is there any difference in speed displayed between speedo and GPS?
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:57   #440
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Interesting application
Yeah. I am attracted by this totally ad-free app.
Quote:
1.During day time, is the HUD projection bright enough?
I am yet to drive out using this HUD.
Quote:
2. I am able to see a combination where both navigation and speed is displayed in their Play store images. Were you able to try the same?
It can be pinned to Google Maps. If pinned, it will show the location as well as the route driven. If GPRS is enabled, yes, it can be used as a navigator too, I think. But, I don't intend to do that as I have offline Navi Naps apart from the dash navigator.
Quote:
3. Is there any difference in speed displayed between speedo and GPS?
The navigators show less speed than the vehicle's. Similarly, I think this HUD will also show less speed. I will test it during my next Bangalore-Chennai drive and report here.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 18:14   #441
BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah Gets HUD!

Quote:
Yesterday, I bought DigiHUD Pro Speedometer ad-free app from Google play, costing ₹ 98.43 for use in my P.Cheetah and B.Bird!

Of course, it has its own share of niggles like showing 3 kmph speed, when kept stationary!

Wow Ravi sir quite a nifty little app. Is it also available for the iPhone. I agree with you there that the black screen looks the best. There will always be errors but 3kms can be tolerated. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:41   #442
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Is it also available for the iPhone.
I don't think so. Please check Google play.

Quote:
quite a nifty little app.
Plus ad-free and low-cost.
  (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:14   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
!
Nice to know you bought this app sir, I had tried an app for HUD with my Lumia and did not find it comfortable on the windshield as it was glaring and not up to the mark. So I dropped the idea of this display and planning to get one from Mahindra accessories in future.

Anyway would wait for your review and see how it performs in day and night conditions.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 22:44   #444
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think so. Please check Google play.

Plus ad-free and low-cost.

Did check for the DigiHUD Pro on the ios store and same isn't available as of now. So looks like only an android app. The alternative for this for those other than androids is the one reviewed by tanveer in his xuv ownership thread.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 13:17   #445
J.Ravi

Today, Purple Cheetah had tankful, costing ₹ 48.77/litre of diesel at Basaveswara Nagar HP COCOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
did not find it comfortable on the windshield
With full brightness on my smartphone, HUD was very feeble on a cloudy day. I will try with yellow font tomorrow.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06026.jpg
  (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 14:25   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today, Purple Cheetah had tankful, costing ₹ 48.77/litre of diesel at Basaveswara Nagar HP COCOO.

With full brightness on my smartphone, HUD was very feeble on a cloudy day. I will try with yellow font tomorrow.

Attachment 1403255
Yes sir, this is what I was talking about. The brightness is really a concern using this app, this can be used only during night times. I am planning for a HUD from Mahindra very soon, probably when I visit the service center during my first service. Will keep updated on the same.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 15:48   #447
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I am planning for a HUD from Mahindra very soon
A sticker is required to be pasted on the inside of the windsheild to view the display without glare. I saw that while test-driving Zest from Prerana. But, I don't want to paste anything on the windsheild for that purpose.
  (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 07:22   #448
J.Ravi

Bangalore - Chennai. Yes, It's Non-Stop Night Driving!

Me, missus and Purple Cheetah reached Chennai Royapettah home safely and comfortably at 4:59 am today. We had left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:40 pm last night. I enjoyed my sedate driving, mostly cruising at 80 kmph as per P.Cheetah's odometer and 77 kmph as per Digi HUD. DigiHUD was good at night.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06046.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-blorechennai20082015mid.jpg

There were long queues at Attibele and Krishnagiri toll plazas that collected both time - more than 15 minutes each - and money as toll. The distance covered worked out to 353.2 km as per P.Cheetah's trip meter, 356 as per Digi HUD and 357 as per P.Cheetah's MapMyIndia navigator.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20150820051039072.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06077.jpg
  (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 08:59   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai. Yes, It's Non-Stop Night Driving!

Quote:
We had left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:40 pm last night. I enjoyed my sedate driving, mostly cruising at 80 kmph as per P.Cheetah's odometer and 77 kmph as per Digi HUD. DigiHUD was good at night.
Electronic toll(Fastag) is operational between bangalore-chennai?

By the way, superb FE.18 is the max that will be displayed in MID, right?. You should try the Full tank method to check the exact FE, could be more than 18 as well.

Last edited by arun_josie : 20th August 2015 at 09:07.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 09:28   #450
J.Ravi

Re: Bangalore - Chennai. Yes, It's Non-Stop Night Driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Electronic toll(Fastag) is operational between bangalore-chennai?
At the deserted Vaniyampadi toll plaza, I had a brief chat with the toll collector. According to him, Fastag is operational. When I pointed out the boom barrier, he informed me that if a vehicle with Fastag approaches the toll counter, after the deduction of the toll, the boom barrier would automatically lift. If the vehicle did not have Fastag, the driver has to pay the toll manually at the toll counter! In fact, I entered the deserted Fastag-dedicated lane and paid the toll manually! He also informed me that Fastag was available at all the branches of ICICI Bank, which I took with a pinch of salt. At the Sriperumpudur toll plaza, again I enquired with the toll collector. He said that it was available in their office at the toll plaza during working hours. He added that it would be affixed then and there only after submission of documents and payment. Since my drives are during the ghostly hours, I am waiting for the online sale of Fastag.

Quote:
By the way, superb FE. 18 is the max that will be displayed in MID, right?. You should try the Full tank method to check the exact FE, could be more than 18 as well.
Yes, Arun. P.Cheetah will have tankful soon and the actual FE will be known.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th August 2015 at 09:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks