Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 19:58   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yet Another Non-Stop Night Drive From Bangalore To Chennai, As Usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
recording a fuel efficiency of 16.56 kmpl on tankful-to-tankful basis,
I am really amused by your cheetah giving a consistent mileage sir, probably it is because you drive during night with sparse traffic and cruise control being engaged.

Can you let us know how much average have you managed in bumper to bumper traffic or a mixture of both?

Also how often do you clean/wash your car, as it is shining and glowing all the time?
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 22:00   #407
J.Ravi

Re: Yet Another Non-Stop Night Drive From Bangalore To Chennai, As Usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
The infotainment system consistently over-estimates the tankful to tankful mileage.
Both the pumps I patronize with in Bangalore and Chennai are good. The difference in FE figures computed by infotainment panel and tankful-to-tankful method really puzzled me. Thanks, Heavy Horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I am really amused by your cheetah giving a consistent mileage sir, probably it is because you drive during night with sparse traffic and cruise control being engaged.
Yes. In addition to the reasons mentioned by you, the following also help to achieve maximum FE:

1. It is driving downhill by ~900 m.

2. Beautiful 6-laned NH for about 250 km.

Quote:
Can you let us know how much average have you managed in bumper to bumper traffic or a mixture of both?
9 - 10 kmpl as per infotainment panel.

Quote:
Also how often do you clean/wash your car, as it is shining and glowing all the time?
After every long drive. Waxing and polishing once in 3 months. Thanks, Sunay.
  (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:13   #408
vdm
BHPian

I am a newbie & I have read the whole thread and I have not seen such a detailed service log maintained by anyone. You have maintained the XUV in such a pristine condition. I hope you enjoy your drive for many more years to come.
vdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:45   #409
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Dear Ravi Sir,
Are you having any links at RTO Hosur, my facelift XUV is stuck up at mahindra yard Hosur for temp registration for last 15 days. Any help is welcome.
Regards
Old 4th July 2015, 07:13   #410
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
You have maintained the XUV in such a pristine condition.
Thanks a lot for the compliments and wishes, vdm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Are you having any links at RTO Hosur
Sorry. I don't have any links at Hosur RTO.

Quote:
my facelift XUV is stuck up at mahindra yard Hosur for temp registration for last 15 days.
15 days for temporary registration are too much. Ask your dealer to do the needful asap.

Old 4th July 2015, 16:47   #411
BHPian

I have been keenly following your thread and ever since you were stuck in ice at Zuluk, I wanted to ask you one thing.

If your vehicle were XUV500 AWD, do you think you would have been able to pull out easily then?

I know it's a very hypothetical query, but from your vast driving experience I guess you might be able to know.

I also remember you writing that your next vehicle will be a 4x4.
Old 4th July 2015, 17:12   #412
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
If your vehicle were XUV500 AWD, do you think you would have been able to pull out easily then?
XUV 500 AWD might have been a boon there. XUV 500 AWD might have obeyed my steering commands or might have come out with some difficulty without external pulling. At that time, I sorely missed AWD.
  (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 17:31   #413
BHPian

Thanks a tonne. That's a very reassuring answer from you.

Ever since the previews of Creta and S-Cross, and the facelifts of Storme and XUV500 were out, my hunt for a vehicle that can seat six in relative comfort with decent looks and capabilities has come down to, well, you guessed it, XUV 500

So the query. Thanks for the prompt reply.
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 20:34   #414
J.Ravi

Quote:
vehicle that can seat six in relative comfort
XUV 500 is a Superman, when it comes to driving 8 adults in cool comfort, thanks to its powerful 140 BHP, 330 Nm torque mHawk engine. Many times, the third row passengers requested me to switch off the rear AC as it was spine-chilling!

Quote:
XUV 500
Advance congratulations.
  (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:20   #415
BHPian

Thanks for that advance congrats.

One more query. Do you think the ground clearance is enough, especially between the front wheels?

Have you ever bottomed out (other than once when your engine guard was broken)?

Thanks in advance
Old 6th July 2015, 18:37   #416
J.Ravi

Quote:
Do you think the ground clearance is enough, especially between the front wheels?
The ground clearance is more than adequate, IMO. I upgraded from petrol Linea with a ground clearance of 165 mm. I used to hear lots of thuds due to bottom-scraping during my Himalayan expeditions by Linea. But not so in case of XUV 500 as I drive on rough/mild off-roading without any worries.
  (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 21:21   #417
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah Gets More Gadgets

Purple Cheetah's dash navigator has MapMyIndia [MMI] maps of version 8.0. My 6-year old stand-alone 3.5" MMI navigator Lx130 has the latest version 9.1 maps. I tried in vain to get the updated maps for P.Cheetah. MMI washed their hands off by saying that I should contact Mahindra only. India Garage service personnel used to inform me that either the updated version is not available or the new version has bugs. There is no point in waiting for the elusive updated maps. So, I have decided to switch over to Navi Maps of MMI costing ₹ 599.99 for Pro Guidance version on my Lenovo K3 Note with 5.5" display. Presently, I am using the free trial version. As the first step, I bought a magnetic mobile holder from Ali Express costing ₹ 194.81. Soon, I will test it during Chennai>Pondicherry>Bangalore trip.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05992.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05996.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05999.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06000.jpg

I also gifted P.Cheetah with 2 silicone covers for key fobs in black and brown from ebay.in, costing ₹ 299 and ₹ 320 respectively. The silicone covers are super soft with silky touch.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05985.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06004.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_20150724_171009.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc06002.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 24th July 2015 at 21:27.
  (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 12:09   #418
adu
BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah Gets More Gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Presently, I am using the free trial version. As the first step, I bought a magnetic mobile holder from Ali Express costing ₹ 194.81. Soon, I will test it during Chennai>Pondicherry>Bangalore trip.

I also gifted P.Cheetah with 2 silicone covers for key fobs in black and brown from ebay.in, costing ₹ 299 and ₹ 320 respectively. The silicone covers are super soft with silky touch.
Ravi Sir, I just ordered the magnetic mobile holder as it is so practical compared to the regular suction mounted ones and intend to mount it exactly where you have . I too have purchased a black and brown silicone cover for my key about a month ago and they are great. Provide great protection to the key fob from the wear and tear of daily use.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 13:38   #419
J.Ravi

Re: Purple Cheetah Gets More Gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
I just ordered the magnetic mobile holder as it is so practical compared to the regular suction mounted ones and intend to mount it exactly where you have
Excellent. The magnet is so powerful, it is very difficult to remove it from my Thunderbird 500's petrol tank - I struggled a lot to remove it!

Quote:
Provide great protection to the key fob from the wear and tear of daily use.
Absolutely. The silicone cover gives a velvet-feel to the key fob from plastic-touch.

Old 29th July 2015, 20:06   #420
J.Ravi

I have both good and bad news. Good news first.

Today evening, I found out that my new ₹ 9,999 Lenovo K3 Note is equipped with a compass, buried in tools folder. All along, I was under the impression that my new smartphone does not have compass. I am happy that I am proved wrong!

Now, the bad news.

The magnetic holder does not allow the compass to do its intended work, naturally.

The compass gets confused once it is fixed to the magnetic holder.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-compass2.jpeg

Once away from the magnetic holder, the compass works alright.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-compass1.jpeg
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks