Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2015, 17:30   #391
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah's Mega Drives At A Glance

Purple Cheetah's pugmarks.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-cheetahsmegadrives.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-megadrives.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-megadrivesfe.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-megadrivestoll.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Hound View Post
i would also thank you for sharing such a detailed review
Thanks a lot for the appreciation, Blood Hound.
  (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 18:07   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Purple Cheetah's Mega Drives At A Glance

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Purple Cheetah's pugmarks.
Great foot prints of the Cheetah. Now that you have covered two sides of the garland, when do you plan to cover the third (east to west)? India is the best
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 15:46   #393
J.Ravi

XUV 500 R S A Jump-Started Purple Cheetah Again!

Quote:
Then, I called XUV 500 RSA @ 1800 102 7006.
History repeated itself today! Again, I availed of XUV 500 RSA for jump-starting Purple Cheetah as it was in coma with a drained battery from yesterday. A technician arrived in his scooter with a 12V 100 AH battery and jump-started P.Cheetah within a few minutes. I am thankful to XUV 500 RSA.

Now, P.Cheetah is ready for an 1 k km trip in another coupla days.

A few days ago, I checked P.Cheetah's vital health parameters like air pressure, battery voltage at idling and before starting, fluid levels, etc. All were okay except that I found the dreaded white ring in the battery health indicator.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05911.jpg

So, I used to start P.Cheetah on every other day and allow to idle for a few minutes. But yesterday, when I tried to start P.Cheetah, it did not budge.

Today, before calling XUV 500 RSA, I wanted to try the free My TVS RSA, thanks to Royal Sundaram comprehensive insurance. In spite of telling them that I needed their assistance only for jump-starting, their mechanic arrived on a tow-truck fitted with a crane! His jump-starter cable had a missing red clip on one end, which he pressed by hand on his truck's weak battery! I could not jump-start P.Cheetah as I heard only some 'dak...dak' sound from the starter motor. His manager argued that XUV500 could not be jump-started with a dead battery and had the audacity to suggest that if permitted, they would tow P.Cheetah to their workshop, get the battery charged and return P.Cheetah by tomorrow! I thanked them and hung up the phone.
  (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 21:15   #394
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Ravi Sir,

How to take a print out or a history of your maps coordinates & keep it?

Suppose, I went to Siliguri and back. The map will also show the time consumed etc, how can I take that information out and share it over at the forums?
Old 12th June 2015, 08:02   #395
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How to take a print out or a history of your maps coordinates & keep it?
Before starting the journey, you have to instruct the navigator to record the trip by pressing the top right red circle. It will then turn into greenish square, which means that the navigator will record the trip as long as the greenish square remains on the top right corner. Please ensure that greenish square remains displayed throughout the trip on the top right corner.

After completion of the trip, press Menu>Map logs>Date>Route/Speed/Altitude graphs. You can take photographs of the navigator screen having these graphs, save them in your laptop as jpeg images and print them if you want to. You have the option to download it in Google Earth. On the route graph, if you take the cursor to a particular arrow, it will show the speed at that spot! This is the way in my MapMyIndia dash navigator. When we met at Purnea and glanced through your Scorpio's navigator, we found that it had different software and UI. Hope, the same or better options must be available in your Scorpio too.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th June 2015 at 08:06.
  (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 08:49   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You have the option to download it in Google Earth.
How to download them?

I will check & revert for the rest.
Old 12th June 2015, 08:54   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How to download them?

I will check & revert for the rest.
I use the same technic as Ravi mentions in my MMI device to log my drives.

These logs get saved as GPX files and can be opened and viewed using Google Earth.

However, I pretend to be honest to say I haven't found a way where Google earth would show me any further details related to the log like Time, Speed etc.

Best is use the log from MMI on the device itself, pin point any location in the logged route and it will display Time and Speed at that point.

As well, from the Graph mode you can zoom in further and select only a sample stretch that you want and refine the log only for that section.
Old 12th June 2015, 09:43   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi
Ok. There is a recording for the road/map which I would take. And also, there is a history feature, it shows as to where I did travel in the past 1 month or more. Including where/when/time/avg speed. Almost everything.

I just wish to know as to how I can view 'em on Google Earth? And share them here on forum. [I don't have a lap-top]

Or I will have to snap the map for evidence/record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
These logs get saved as GPX files and can be opened and viewed using Google Earth.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th June 2015 at 09:44.
Old 12th June 2015, 10:39   #399
J.Ravi

Quote:
I don't have a lap-top
Your laptop/PC/smart phone must have Google Earth. Press Menu>GPS logs>Date>Convert to KML. After converting the logs to KML format, you have to download them to your Google site. From there, if you download the KML file, you will be able to see the place/route covered on Google Earth, provided your laptop/PC/smart phone has Google Earth. See here for my GPS logs of my Leh expedition in 2011. I have not done this tedious excersie afterwards!

Old 12th June 2015, 11:26   #400
J.Ravi

Quote:
I just wish to know as to how I can view 'em on Google Earth?
I just now downloaded Google Earth into my laptop, downloaded one of my logs in KML format and viewed on Google Earth. The log showed my drive from Mumbai to Bangalore, while returning from Leh, without any details like time and speed.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-mumbaibangalore.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:57   #401
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah brought us safely and comfortably to J C Residency, Madurai at 11:10 am today. We left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 4:25 am today. We took a break of 45 minutes for breakfast after Karur bypass. First time, I am posting this message using my smartphone.
  (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 22:31   #402
J.Ravi

Bangalore>Madurai>Bangalore

Purple Cheetah brought us back to Bangalore home safely and comfortably at 8:45 pm today. We had left East Marret Street, Madurai after tasting the famous Jigarthanda at 1:30 pm.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-bangaloremaduraibangalore.jpg

We had a busy schedule today. Got up at 4 am, left J C Residency at 5:30 am, drove to the Madurai Corporation's parking lot at 6 am, parked P.Cheetah there after paying ₹ 35, visited Meenakshi Amman temple, returned after one hour, drove to my favourite TVS BP pump at South Veli Road, where P.Cheetah had tankful, visited Thiruparankundram Murugan temple, returned to hotel, had sumptuous, mouth-watering complimentary breakfast, checked out by noon and drove to the popular and famous shop for tasting Jigarthanda synonymous with Madurai. Yesterday evening, we attended a marriage reception near our hotel. Mission accomplished, we left for Bangalore.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-bf.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-lunch.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05941.jpg
  (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 12:28   #403
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah Now Fully Charged!

After the 936.2 km-Bangalore>Madurai>Bangalore drive, Purple Cheetah is now fully charged sans the dreaded white ring on the battery's indicator. I checked the battery on 14/15/16 June 2015 only to find the white ring. But today, it has vanished without any trace!

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05948.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc05911.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 07:45   #404
J.Ravi

Yet Another Non-Stop Night Drive From Bangalore To Chennai, As Usual!

Purple Cheetah brought me and wife to our Chennai Royapettah home safely and comfortably at 5:12 am today. We had left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 11:26 pm last night.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0024.jpg

I drove sedatively at 80 kmph in cruise control most of the time. But, the navigator showed the actual speed of 77 kmph only.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0013.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0015.jpg

P. Cheetah had tankful at Chennai this morning consuming 21.74 litres of diesel for a distance of 360 km [as per navigator], recording a fuel efficiency of 16.56 kmpl on tankful-to-tankful basis, although the infotainment panel showed a constant figure of 18.0 kmpl from Krishnagiri onwards. The cost of diesel in Chennai is ₹ 54.29/litre.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-mid25062015.jpg
  (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 19:13   #405
BHPian

Re: Yet Another Non-Stop Night Drive From Bangalore To Chennai, As Usual!

Quote:
P. Cheetah had tankful at Chennai this morning consuming 21.74 litres of diesel for a distance of 360 km [as per navigator], recording a fuel efficiency of 16.56 kmpl on tankful-to-tankful basis, although the infotainment panel showed a constant figure of 18.0 kmpl from Krishnagiri onwards. The cost of diesel in Chennai is ₹ 54.29/litre.
Same story everywhere. The infotainment system consistently over-estimates the tankful to tankful mileage.
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks