Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:41   #316
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
Will there be any turns near Krishnagiri while returning from Chennai to Bangalore.
While driving up from Chennai to Bangalore on NH 46, you will meet with a T-junction with NH 7 at the Krishnagiri bypass, where you have to go below the NH 7 flyover and turn to your right towards Bangalore. There are signages, which you cannot miss.

Quote:
I think Mahindra was super confident that the XUV 5OO will not give more than 18kmpl but I think you should write to them stating your FE figures
During my next Bangalore-Chennai drive, after getting 18.0 kmpl on the display, I will check up with tankful-to-tankful method, assess the actual FE and report here as well as to Mahindra!
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:53   #317
BHPian

Ravi sir thanks a lot for the clarification on the route. I was NOT able to beat your FE. The City gave 17.1 kmpl till Krishnagiri after which it started dropping due to insane traffic and then when I entered Silk board junction, thanks to the traffic jam it fell further and the final FE turned out to be 16.5 kmpl. Covered a total of 344.1 km starting from Egmore in Chennai to BTM in Bangalore . One thing I can say about the entire journey was the drive from Egmore to Hosur did not exhaust me but the drive from Hosur to BTM completely drained mu energy .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dscn7167.gif  

swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 22:36   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
The City gave 17.1 kmpl till Krishnagiri after which it started dropping due to insane traffic and then when I entered Silk board junction, thanks to the traffic jam it fell further and the final FE turned out to be 16.5 kmpl.
Getting the above figures in a power packed petrol sedan is not bad at all. Just my point of view.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 23:06   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Getting the above figures in a power packed petrol sedan is not bad at all. Just my point of view.
Hello rahul_kej,

Hey don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I am very much satisfied with the FE, I myself had never expected such figures as ARAI figures stated 16.7 kmpl and I thought I could never get such kind of FE figures especially after going for a spirited test drive before buying the car. I am just trying to see what is the max FE figure I can get out of this rev happy,powerful sedan with 4 people and luggage on board . So far my max has been 23.4 kmpl on Bangalore - Tumkur highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dscn5505.gif  

Old 26th March 2015, 12:04   #320
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Right from the day-one, I always considered the beadings on both the sides of central facia a nuisance as they reflected the sunrays on the windshield, which in turn, spoiled the photographs clicked from inside.

Attachment 1266653

Attachment 1266654

Attachment 1266655

Not any more. I bought 2 pieces of 1" x 1.5' matte black vinyl stickers costing ₹100 from the neighbourhood sticker guy, who used Coral Draw application in his PC with the connected sticker-cutter to get the stickers of the exact dimensions. After coming home, I pasted the stickers on the beading carefully so as to avoid any air bubble inbetwen the sticker and the beading. Now, the black stickers absorb the sunrays and do not reflect them on the windshield.

Attachment 1266656
Sir jee, I recently did something similar. While it solved the problem of the reflection, the fit and finish (bubbles and folds) of the vinyl strips is nothing to talk about.

Please have a look at the snaps here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3671683

How did you solve the problem of the waterfall console's curvature ?
Did you use multiple shorter strips by any chance or may be you stopped before the waterfall console starts falling? Can be please share a slightly zoomed-out picture of your setup so that I can take some inspiration when I try the vinyl thing again after a few days?
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 13:14   #321
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
How did you solve the problem of the waterfall console's curvature ?
You answered the question yourself, SDP.

Quote:
Did you use multiple shorter strips by any chance
Yes, I did that only. The details are here in my post # 138. I pasted extra small strips to hide the gap created by the curve and also to avoid air bubbles, and finally, trimmed at the edge.

Even after all that exercise, the reflection has only reduced and not totally eleminated. It is also very dangerous for driving before, during and afer noon, when the reflection on the windshield irritates the driver's eyes. The glossy central facia skin is a disaster, IMO. Whosoever designed it, should be given a kick on his/her seat.
  (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 13:54   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The glossy central facia skin is a disaster, IMO. Whosoever designed it, should be given a kick on his/her seat.
Please check post # 1011 for a probable solution:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2926511

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 14:47   #323
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....The details are here in my post # 138. I pasted extra small strips to hide the gap created by the curve and also to avoid air bubbles, and finally, trimmed at the edge.
Oh .. thanks. Got it. Would try this method.
Your thread is a treasure trove of information and somehow I seemed to have missed this ownership thread completely. Will read from start to end over the weekend.

Quote:
...The glossy central facia skin is a disaster, IMO. Whosoever designed it, should be given a kick on his/her seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Please check post # 1011 for a probable solution:
The glossy part of the dashboard does reflect, but its bearable. Its dark colored and therefore the reflection is muted as compared the silver strips which are bright and light colored.

The main dashboard plastics being black in color, the reflection is not noticeable in most situations. I wonder if the beige dashboard in white XUVs reflects much more.

Last edited by SDP : 26th March 2015 at 14:49.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 20:33   #324
J.Ravi

A Trailer

Today, Purple Cheetah had a busy schedule from 8:15 am to 5:15 pm, running 345.8 km mainly on NH 45, carrying me, missus and others, starting with 7 and ending with 3 and enabling me complete my work at different places.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-map.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-vikravandimid.jpg

This trip is only a trailer of a great epic movie premiering shortly.
  (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 14:53   #325
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah is all set to commence its mega drive in a short while from now. Its whereabouts will be posted here from time to time.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0005.jpg
  (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 15:20   #326
BHPian

All the best sir for the mega road trip. Looking forward to meet you.

Happy and safe driving.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 15:42   #327
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Have a safe and enjoyable trip Sir!

Eagerly waiting for the updates to know which new frontiers your beast is going to conquer this time.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:33   #328
J.Ravi

Purple Cheetah Got Drenched In Bhubaneswar!

Bhubaneswar welcomed Purple Cheetah with a heavy downpour lashing out for more than half-hour this afternoon.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaibhubaneswartrip.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaibhubaneswarmid.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaibhubaneswarroute.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaibhubaneswarspeed.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaibhubaneswaraltitude.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Looking forward to meet you.
Thanks, rahul_kej. I will send a PM to you before departure from Bhubaneswar to Siliguri via Purnea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Have a safe and enjoyable trip Sir!
Thank you so much for the wishes and nice words, SDP.
  (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:18   #329
BHPian

All the best for the trip sir. Have a safe and enjoyable journey. Eagerly waiting for one more of your superb travelogues. Would be great to know the places you and Purple Cheetah are conquering this time .

Regards,
swamyzen
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:33   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a Nice and fun filled journey, Sir!

And here is a pic of your cheetah clicked short while back . My friend clicked this for me, he is also staying the same hotel.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img20150402wa0016.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img20150402wa0017.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks