Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 22:03   #736
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Sorry if you mind giving me a suggestion, considering your heavy running, ( have been following the previous Ritz thread as well) why don't you retain the Swift as a beater car and pile most miles on it.
Leoshashi has answered with the reason why I'm looking at changing the Swift.

I'd love to retain the Swift if only things health wise were worthy ​enough. Swift is idle in my parking lot, whereas the Ertiga being a higher seating car, is clocking miles on behalf of my Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
He has developed a medical condition which needs a car with a higher seating position.
Thank you for the response on my behalf
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 22:16   #737
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Leoshashi has answered with the reason why I'm looking at changing the Swift.
In that case, the switch is a necessity . Considering your lower back issues, a car with carpet like ride quality like the Duster or a Punto would make great sense . The Duster is the tailor made car for you if you can tolerate it's bare bones interior.

The Kaptur is getting launched next week and provided if it's priced and positioned properly , take a good look at it.

Did you consider the Hexa? That along with the V Cross and Compass is top among my list of cars to upgrade from the Figo.
Old 15th September 2017, 23:12   #738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
In that case, the switch is a necessity . Considering your lower back issues, a car with carpet like ride quality like the Duster or a Punto would make great sense .
Ergonomics do matter as well, as much as the ride quality. I would suggest the Duster over Punto due to this reason. I do own the latter, so I know.

That said, Creta is perfect as well. The ride is not as 'magic carpet' good as the Duster, but is very good nevertheless. Its ergonomically prefect as well, and has a very light Clutch action. Would have recommended the automatic as well, but unfortunately Hyundai does not offer it in the top end trim.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 18:54   #739
BANNED

One last issue in the car that i could solve before selling was the rear left door latch assembly malfunction. Sometimes it used to lock and sometimes it didn't so was not sure to give off that way hence got that rectified today at my FNG. Cost of the repair ₹1,245.

Door pad removed
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_141854.jpg

Latch assembly being checked
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_140904.jpg

Part Number and price for the latch assembly
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_150950.jpg

Yesterday got the Swift evaluated by one of our old trusted True Value dealership.

It was a 45 minute long evaluation done with a short Test Drive of the car. The guy sent live photos to his manager and got a final quote for the car. After all the paperwork etc and TD's he concluded that the price they can give is ₹4,65,000. Called another True Value dealer today and we received another quote of ₹4,54,000. I wasn't there at home when dad had got the evaluation done.

Dad's colleague too has asked for the car since he needs a small car for city-only use and has agreed to pay what the True Value guys have quoted.

Here are some images of the car that I clicked today (an hour back).

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172706.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172733.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172735.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172749.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172815.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172640.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_172833.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_173039.jpg

The only fault in the car that I am forcefully ignoring.
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20170918_173048.jpg

The car will be with us till the Hyundai Creta comes home.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th September 2017 at 18:56.
a4anurag is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 19:16   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After all the paperwork etc and TD's he concluded that the price they can give is ₹4,65,000. Called another True Value dealer today and we received another quote of ₹4,54,000....The car will be with us till the Hyundai Creta comes home.
Man, that is one well looked after car which has done 1Lakh+ kms on the odo!!! The price quoted is really good and goes to show that the upkeep from your end has not gone for a waste. Also appreciate the fact that you have taken effort to iron out all niggles with the car! Kudos to you sir!!
abhinav.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 17:19   #741
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Man, that is one well looked after car which has done 1Lakh+ kms on the odo!!! The price quoted is really good and goes to show that the upkeep from your end has not gone for a waste. Also appreciate the fact that you have taken effort to iron out all niggles with the car! Kudos to you sir!!
4.65 lakhs for a 3 year old 1 lakh km run car is awesome value indeed. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Such a well maintained car. Also a testament to the reliability of that 1.3 multijet engine
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 23:09   #742
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

UPDATE

Got the delivery of the Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) in Polar White today.

The Swift will be going off day after tomorrow since it is holiday tomorrow being festival. Sold the car for ₹4,31,000 finally due to the delay in selling it over the last evaluation that was done in September. Nevertheless I ain't complaining.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_131127.jpg

Very very happy with the ownership of my Swift that lasted for 3 years and 10 months clocking 1,25,000 kms in total averaging at 90 kms a day.

I have immense respect for the car and feel bad that I couldn't drive it much since the last 2 months due to my health issue.

This car has taught me to be a DIY person. It was my R&D car.

It all started off with a silly headlight bulb change and now I am happy to some basic cleaning/modification activities, thanks to the car. I am confident.

The list DIY's done on the car:
  1. Cabin light swap to LED's
  2. LED Foot-well lighting
  3. Armrest Installation
  4. DRL Installation
  5. Tail/Brake and Indicators LED swap
  6. Swift's ICE system upgrade
  7. Bi-Xenon fog projectors
  8. Auto dimming IRVM and ORVM
  9. Dashcam Install
  10. Injectors Cleaning
  11. AC blower cleaning
  12. Disc Brake Caliper Pin cleaning
  13. Intercooler Cleaning
  14. EGR Valve Cleaning
  15. Brake Shoe replacement
  16. DIY Servicing of the car

Some of these DIY's are actually silly now but for me it was big. I have immense respect and love for this car. Will be sad when she goes.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20171018_165313.jpg

Thank you all for reading and being a part of my car's ownership.

Hope the Creta will fill its shoes well and keep me happy for long.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th December 2017 at 11:05. Reason: typos fixed
a4anurag is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 23:36   #743
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Thank you all once again. Signing off the forum.
Congratulations on the 1.6 Creta!!
From Ritz to Swift & more than 2L km of trouble free driving experience on 1.3 DDIS, thats some achievement. Wish you a lot of happy & safe miles with the Creta. Eagerly waiting for the ownership review 😊
Sportztourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 00:32   #744
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Thank you all once again. Signing off the forum.
Many congratulations on the delivery of your much awaited Creta.

It is always sad to let go of a faithful companion, but I'm sure the Creta would more than fill your Swift's shoes!!

Wishing you a wonderful, safe and rewarding ownership experience with the Creta. Looking forward to your wonderful DIYs.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 04:21   #745
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

The Swift will be going off day after tomorrow since it is holiday tomorrow being festival. Sold the car for ₹4,31,000 finally due to the delay in selling it over the last evaluation that was done in September. Nevertheless I ain't complaining.

Very very happy with the ownership of my Swift that lasted for 3 years and 10 months clocking 1,25,000 kms in total averaging at 90 kms a day.

I have immense respect for the car and feel bad that I couldn't drive it much since the last 2 months due to my health issue.
Hi Anurag,

Congratulations on your new car! Personally, I think the Creta looks best in white and red. Letting go a car that has been with you in many of these adventures and taught you many things is certainly going to give you a heavy heart, but I hope the new one alleviates that to a large extent with its experiences. I've been following your ownership thread for a long time and enjoyed all the DIYs and updates as much as you have enjoyed executing them and penning them down here. I've read through some of them again and again during some of my DIY efforts

Quote:
This car has taught me to be a DIY person. It was my R&D car.

It all started off with a silly headlight bulb change and now I am happy to some basic cleaning/modification activities, thanks to the car. I am confident.

Some of these DIY's are actually silly now but for me it was big. I have immense respect and love for this car. Will be sad when she goes.

Co-incidentally I started to be a DIY person with a fog light change and my current car has become my DIY car. I am standing right where you were in 2013 with your swift. :lol

All of your DIYs are anything but remotely silly! I guess you are kidding eh?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th December 2017 at 19:25. Reason: deleted quoted section in post
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 08:36   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Congrats on your latest acquisition a4anurag

Like many others here, I am also quite keen to know when you will start your C.R.E.T.A D.I.Y!!

Wish you a happy and fuss free motoring.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th December 2017 at 00:11. Reason: Deleted quoted section in post.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 12:33   #747
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Creta anurag! Wish you a joyful ownership with your new car

Thank you for painstakingly documenting each service, diy done on your swift. Your ownership thread serves as a bible to many of us Swift owners
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 14:26   #748
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Congratulations on the new acquisition!
Hope you must have had a good run since yesterday!!

Has the new ownership thread already come up?

Quote:
The list DIY's done on the car:
  1. Cabin light swap to LED's
  2. LED Foot-well lighting
  3. DIY Servicing of the car
That's a good set of pointers to work with for starters.
I have learnt a lot from a some of these detailed accounts of your DIYs, while missed a few others (would be helpful if you add link to the posts in this list ).
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 19:13   #749
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Congratulations Anurag on your most awaited acquisition. The car looks stunning in White shade and is a very good logical upgrade in every aspect. Wishing you miles of memorable ownership with the new car.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 22:59   #750
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Creta. That's excellent resale value you got for the Swift. Proves Maruti's worth. I am sure the swift can munch another 100k kms easily. Hoping to see your thread on the Creta soon.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks