Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:38   #151
BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Ecosport rules. Congrats on the new additions. I really like the DRL and the projectors lamps. How much did the cost you? Also where is this work done?
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:58   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

I did not like the third slot empty looked incomplete to me,so I ordered for one more set.

There is a nice luggage bag available from Thule which can be fixed to the cross bars in case you have extra luggage.

It is weather resistant , collapsable and fits into a single small bag after use.Saw it on Amazon.com.

Does anyone know where we can get this in india?
Checked Thule website, Methods Automotive Bangalore is their India dealer, check with them, should be available.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:28   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I notice that you have 3 roof Cross Bars.

I got two when I ordered the original accessory and the roof rack was separate. Did you pay extra for the third Cross Bar? or was it standard when you ordered Cross Bars?
Even i got only 2 nos , I had the same query with the Dealer and they stated that only 2 nos comes on a pack .
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:51   #154
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did not like the third slot empty looked incomplete to me,so I ordered for one more set.

There is a nice luggage bag available from Thule which can be fixed to the cross bars in case you have extra luggage.

It is weather resistant , collapsable and fits into a single small bag after use.Saw it on Amazon.com.

Does anyone know where we can get this in india?
Thanks, have already bought the standard roof rack that they have so the third cross bar even if present would not be noticed, was just wondering about the third one in your case and yes if there is no roof rack two would indeed kind off look odd. Somehow compared to covered storage I prefer the open rack as I would need to use it only if there are too many international sized bags that some relative may land up with at the airport and in that scenario a open rack would be easier to load. They have actually designed the rack to fit well and it looks good on the EcoSport - unlike the boxy design that they have for say the endy. The Crossbars ensure that there is no need to use any of the odd looking cross rods (that extend beyond the roof rails) that most roof racks have.

Your deeper coloured Alloys do look good. I was thinking along the same lines after seeing alloys of the same colour but on a humble Toyota Etios Sport Edition that a neighbour has.
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:16   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Ecosport rules. Congrats on the new additions. I really like the DRL and the projectors lamps. How much did the cost you? Also where is this work done?
Thank you.
All the relevant information is there on page 9 and 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Checked Thule website, Methods Automotive Bangalore is their India dealer, check with them, should be available.
Could you help me with the number if any.

Quote:
Thanks, have already bought the standard roof rack.
Can you post some pictures of the roof rack fitted on your car for everybodys benefit.thank you

Also I need brighter reverse lamps 1156 bayonet single conductor ba15s(180 degrees)in white colour led its the middle one in the picture, the problem I am facing during reversing in pitch dark is that I notice central dark patch in the IRVM which is disappearing when I experimented with a torch tied to my roof .Saw these on aliexpress please let me know what you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20131003034652.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 3rd October 2013 at 14:17.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:41   #156
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ There is a round cutout marking on the rear bumper LHS side. Since the Exhaust does not come out from there it could be for either a two hook - but don't see how, or for a Reverse Light or Rear Fog Light. You could put an extra light fixture in that spot and that would aid reversing for sure. Check out the location on your rear bumper. Don't know if an accessory is available for that, but it is about the size of the Amby reversing light
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:42   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ There is a round cutout marking on the rear bumper LHS side. Since the Exhaust does not come out from there it could be for either a two hook - but don't see how, or for a Reverse Light or Rear Fog Light. You could put an extra light fixture in that spot and that would aid reversing for sure. Check out the location on your rear bumper. Don't know if an accessory is available for that, but it is about the size of the Amby reversing light
Cut out marking is a provision for toe hook, which is located in the tool kit below the boot mat, it is a screw in type.
I just want an upgrade for the bulb only, for a brighter output.
Old 4th October 2013, 07:51   #158
BHPian

Hi EcoSport Rules,
Your vehicle look stunning after all these add-ons!
Can you please update us on the metal engine guard that you got fabricated? How did the installation go? What about the cost? Also, will your supplier be able to ship yo different cities?
Cheers.
Old 4th October 2013, 13:16   #159
djs
BHPian

Hi Ecosport Rules,

Your ride looks stunning with all the mods. I'm following up your thread for quite some time & Kudos to the efforts you have put in for all the mods. I'll be getting the delivery in couple of days, stock MRF's. Need opinion on how your YOKO db ES501 holding up. I'm getting YoKo for around 8K and Michelin Primacy 3ST for ~10k.

First of all is it worth replacing the stock tyres, I'm a relatively sedate driver ?
Secondly, Is it worth shelling 2k for Michelin or Yoko would be worth the price diff ?
Old 4th October 2013, 14:10   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hey shashank,
He gets orders from all over India.
============
BTW I opted for 5000k hid bulbs.hope it helps
In addition to charges by the Mod Expert (Srinivas Gopal), i would need to spend INR ~10k(for 2 HID bulbs) + Cost of the Ballast.
Is my understanding correct? Or are there other expenses involved too?
Old 4th October 2013, 14:33   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi EcoSport Rules,
Your vehicle look stunning after all these add-ons!
Can you please update us on the metal engine guard that you got fabricated? How did the installation go? What about the cost? Also, will your supplier be able to ship yo different cities?
Cheers.
I will find out and get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Hi Ecosport Rules,

Your ride looks stunning with all the mods. I'm following up your thread for quite some time & Kudos to the efforts you have put in for all the mods. I'll be getting the delivery in couple of days, stock MRF's. Need opinion on how your YOKO db ES501 holding up. I'm getting YoKo for around 8K and Michelin Primacy 3ST for ~10k.

First of all is it worth replacing the stock tyres, I'm a relatively sedate driver ?
Secondly, Is it worth shelling 2k for Michelin or Yoko would be worth the price diff ?
Definitely upgrade is worth for safety.i am very much satisfied with yokos
I have no experience with michellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
In addition to charges by the Mod Expert (Srinivas Gopal), i would need to spend INR ~10k(for 2 HID bulbs) + Cost of the Ballast.
Is my understanding correct? Or are there other expenses involved too?
No its all inclusive of ballasts, hid bulbs , projectors,wiring harness for socket to socket fittment,switchback yellow white drls.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th October 2013 at 07:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 5th October 2013, 03:27   #162
BHPian

Quote:
No its all inclusive of ballasts, hid bulbs , projectors,wiring harness for socket to socket fittment,switchback yellow white drls.
Yes thats true. I too had spoken to Mr.Gopal. The cost is inclusive of everything. All you need to do is send the headlights to him and when you get them back just connect the same. Its plug and play. Although the cost is high, its always better if a professional mods expert is doing it rather than take the risk yourself.

I always keep my cars stock, but ecosport rules has done such a fabolous job on his car that i'm using all my rational powers to resist the mods at the moment
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 10:15   #163
BHPian

I always keep my cars stock, but ecosport rules has done such a fabolous job on his car that i'm using all my rational powers to resist the mods at the moment[/quote]

Same here as well , probably we shall request Ford to come up with a New high end model which covers all the Modifications carried out by ecosport rules

Great work ecosport rules ! Thanks a ton for sharing the details as well
ranjithrnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 10:59   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
The DRL's should actually be connected to the ignition wire so as to be on at all times! But that voids the warranty as per the policies of Ford.
So in the above case it is connected to the park light of the car.
So it comes on as soon as the driver turns on the Park lights.

Its a dual tone light strip. Which turns on the white light on regular use and orange light on operating the turn indicators and is hence connected accordingly.
Ecosport rules: So the white DRL comes only when you switch on the parking lights! Then even during the day the rear parking lights are ON so that you can use the DRL? I am still confused how you are using it!

I am planning to add only the DRL (no projectors) and keep the STOCK headlamps but that would mean the yellow parking light and white DRL might not look good togeather! Also not sure if i want to keep my rear parking lights on even during the day for the DRL sake!

Please help educate illiterate folks like me out here
Old 5th October 2013, 19:23   #165
BHPian

Brilliant and very tastefully done mods. I also have the DRLs on my list but will get them added in due course. Immediate must adds are fog lamps, cross bar and tyre upgrade from 195 to 205 Michelins.

I just had one question, I feel like my clutch sends out a pulse when it is fully depressed. I can distinctively feel it. Not sure if it's the engine vibrating or something else. This is my first time with diesel engines so not sure if it's common. Do you or any other ecosport owners here experience it too?
throttlehead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks