Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2006, 17:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
GreatDrive, please tell me quickly, which one would be the nearest Reliance Pump for me
It shouldn't happen, but I share GD's experience too. Very very odd. Power helps me get 15 kmpl max. But I really have to test this theory rigorously.
Old 26th May 2006, 17:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
GreatDrive, please tell me quickly, which one would be the nearest Reliance Pump for me
Siva,
I got it filled just twice from reliance when I went on long drives because I can't find them in Bangalore city.

Two reliance bunks I know are,
One on NH7 ( After Yelankha towards Nandi Hills)
Second on Hosur Road towards Hosur( around 25-30km from Silk Board Junction)

Have fun

Last edited by greatDrive : 26th May 2006 at 17:23.
Old 26th May 2006, 17:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Siva,

Two reliance bunks I know are,
One on NH7 ( After Yelankha towards Nandi Hills)
Second on Hosur Road towards Hosur( around 25-30km from Silk Board Junction)

Have fun
One More near to Nelamangala (Bangalore north), that is 10 Kms from Yeshwantpur circle...
Old 26th May 2006, 17:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

There is one Reliance petrol pump on the ORR which joins Mysore road to Tumkur road. It is very near to the Tumkur road junction.
Old 31st May 2006, 00:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Really need ot try out this reliance thingy ans set my confusion to rest once and for all!! .. "Reliance pumps gives higher milage" claims seems to be increasing... while reliance quietly upped their price last week unilaterally I'm told!
Old 31st May 2006, 10:54   #36
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Aha !! Anyone knows bout any Reliance Fuel pumps in the NCR region?
Old 31st May 2006, 12:13   #37
BHPian

Off Topic!

Moderators - This thread's gone off topic. Request intervention!
Old 31st May 2006, 12:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
Moderators - This thread's gone off topic. Request intervention!
You can request it by clicking "Report bad post" icon just below your avtar. (Second image on left side of your post).
Old 31st May 2006, 12:50   #39
BHPian

HI Mahadev,
Congrats on your new PALIO..
and some great FE figures,....

enjoy!
Old 31st May 2006, 14:25   #40

Hey Mahadev,

My story exactly resembles yours .. I also started off looking for Indica Turbo DLG model. But then changed my mind midway and yesterday I booked a Palio 1.6. The delivery is on saturday and can't wait to lay my hands on the babe ...
Congrats on ur new babe and enjoy the ride everytime!!!!

Regards,

Iyer Anant
Old 22nd June 2006, 02:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey mahadev, I don't know how I missed this thread. Congrats on your lovely new car. I am glad to know it was my thread in the long term review's here that turned you on to go for the Palio 1.6.

Where is my cheque, Fiat?

The mileage is damn good. I have never got that kind of milege but then I should try and drive the car at the speeds you did the next time.
Old 14th December 2006, 00:23   #42
BHPian

Check-out my car's photos on the gallery. Isn't it a true italian babe..
Old 14th December 2006, 10:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
Check-out my car's photos on the gallery. Isn't it a true italian babe..
Of course yes..She is stunning!! Enjoy.
Old 14th December 2006, 10:30   #44
BHPian

Thats a great FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Of course yes..She is stunning!! Enjoy.
Mahadev its a great car in a very beautiful color. Now I understand why no Palio/ Petra user in general gets less FE. You proved the FE can match o exceed many other cars if driven in a disciplined way.

People tend to enjoy the pickup and ride so they rev a bit resulting in less FE. Have great fun with your car.
Old 18th June 2008, 17:30   #45
BHPian

FIAT Palio 1.6 Sports - 20000 Kms ownership report

FIAT Palio 1.6 Sports – 20000 Kms ownership report

Model: Apr-2006, Canary Yellow (Mine was the first CY coloured Palio in Bangalore after TATA-FIAT tieup)
Add-ons: 3M sunfilm, Blaupunkt audio setup
Audio Setup: Blaupunkt Sandiago MP27 HU, Blaupunkt GTX 6x9 oval speakers at rear and GTX 5” speakers at front

Initial buying impressions and dealership experience, please visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-charges.html

For pics, visit my garage @ mahadev_kc's Gallery Hall

Will not go into pros and cons of Palio 1.6, as it is covered in length and breadth in the forum. Will go into my views of owning this beauty.

It is a real head turner wherever it goes so much so that people taking pictures of themselves standing in front of the car (one such occasion is on Nandi Hills, Bangalore). (Whoever sees that photo, I’m sure they like Palio first and then that person). This car is truly “Owners pride, neighbours envy” at least in terms of appearance, looks and macho build.

On drive front, this car has got all the power in whichever gear you are in and one can enjoy the driving in this car. Driven this car so rashly that most of the humps in long journey were jumped, and this does not cause any problem with wheels, suspensions etc.
I’m addicted to this car so much so that, wifey always feels jealousy about having that car (Though the colour of the car selected by her only..). Also this passion made me to look into different profession (changing to Automotive embedded systems domain) at my office.

So, as always Bangalore traffic and driving in it, has made bruises on front and rear bumpers and on ORVMs which is common in Bangalore. With some mistakes from my side, I made a dent and scratch too.

Likes: looks (well proportioned), build, performance, driving pleasure on highways, rear-spoiler (damn good looking).
DisLikes: not having ABS, Airbags, long gear shifts (can’t shift quickly), body roll at corners.
Mileage: Least was 8.69 kmpl, highest was 17.41 kmpl and averaging around 11.6 kmpl.
Failures –
  • 1570Kms, Speedo meter failed. Within two weeks, got it replaced at Concorde Motors free under warrenty.
  • One niggling issue with 1.6 is that, fuel injection system failure light on dashboard. It kept on coming on and off for almost 5000 kms. Finally it was rectified as loose connection in the fan speed 2 setting at Manipal Motors, Bangalore.
About A** - Never an issue with me. In Bangalore, you will get good service.
Initially, when someone broke the rear-windshield, I have to run behind the shops to get the windshield. That is because Windshield Experts at that time did not have rear-windshield for Palio and they were quoting less. Dealers quoted more. Finally found myself the shop, where I can get OE rear-windshield for palio and fitted at GreenTracks, Bangalore.

Accidents –
  • When driving from Talacauvery to Coorg back, suddenly three cows on road out of nowhere and it is frontal crash @ 30 kmph. Luckily, all cows are survived, that left a dent on bonnet and at left front fender. Even looking carefully, the plastic part that keeps headlamp unit to the body, was broken. Such was the impact. Buttttttt, no damage to radiator and other parts.
  • Two dog-hits @ 40 kmph, all of them survived, no damage to any parts.
  • Right ORVM mirror replaced as one swift car hit my ORVM coming on opposite lane.
Notes: For extended warrenty, you have to pay the amount upfront and you will get money after a month or so. In my case it took up more than three months because of some documentation issues from my side.

Still to Add:
  • Leather seats
  • Nice alloys from Linea (Presuming that Linea alloys also come with 98 PCD)
  • roof rack as you can see on Idea Adventure or newly launched FIAT Palio Adventure Trekking.
Mileage history:
FIAT Palio 1.6 Sports - Ownership report-palio_mileage.jpg

Maintenance history:
FIAT Palio 1.6 Sports - Ownership report-palio_maintenance.jpg
mahadev_kc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks