Yes Yes...

So here are the photos

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mah...gsS7EBtzHjNaih

Cheers,
Mahadev
Old 26th May 2006, 10:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

@mahadev, your car looks great, man.
I have only Tbhp and the members to thank for changing my negative perception about Fiat and turning me into an admirer of the Palio. It is THE HOTTEST HATCH in India today. My negative perception was because when I started driving 20 years ago, the only Fiats I saw were the Padminis etc which could not be by any stretch of imagination called reliable or hot.
Old 26th May 2006, 10:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Mahadev,
Just because you got the tank filled in Reliance, you got 17.5kmpl. I also got 16kmpl (10% city 90% highway) in my petra 1.6( same engine).

But I never got more than 11kmpl in city and 13 kmpl on highways if I fill up my car on other Petrol bunks.

Anyway keep ejoying ...
GD
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Funny, I had the same experience too.

To the new owner - Congrats. And please post pics. Non S-10 in canary yellow. I am dying to see that.
please describe your experiences.
it is very strange to read about such a GOOD EXPERIENCE!
Old 26th May 2006, 10:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I am confused. Why do you need 91 Octane if 87 is acceptable?

@Mahadev, use System G along with unleaded. It works much better than so called "Speed" and "Power". BTW, why such problems on a brand new car?

@saildrive, can you post your query in separate thread instead of hijacking this one? Going by your id, you should be driving Opel Sail. (Sorry, couldn't resist that).
coz xtra premium is more smooth? Felt so on my xing. Jsut personal opinion

@saildrive: welcome to TBHP. Do introduce yourself inteh appro thread and search posts to help confuse your confusion.

Last edited by jkdas : 26th May 2006 at 11:03.
Old 26th May 2006, 11:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mahadev. I think I read the same post on PUG.

I see there is a raise in the no. of people going for Fiats after they tied up with Tata.
Old 26th May 2006, 11:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
coz xtra premium is more smooth? Felt so on my xing. Jsut personal opinion
For a car tuned to 87 Octane, higher octane petrol should not make any difference. I have used Xtra-Premium, but didn't feel any difference. BTW, I am now a big fan of System G with 87 unleaded.
Old 26th May 2006, 16:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

[satish_appasani] I see there is a raise in the no. of people going for Fiats after they tied up with Tata. [/quote] I agree and isn't it a good thing - a great car finally getting its due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer
My Palio S10 has never given me more than 10 kmpl that also without a/c. I would say that 17.5 kmpl is certainly impossible.
@pioneer, I was also surprised by these FE figures, which are impressive. But then, these figures were achieved by mahadev_kc on the highway under specific driving conditions (maintaining the speed at 60-80 kmph and between 1800-2100 rpm) which are supposed to deliver better FE. Maybe you never tried driving this way and I would not blame you for that because on a highway, I drive at the max. safe speed which road/traffic conditions permit. I know that if I drive below 100kmph, I can increase the FE by atleast 1kmpl and if I drive between 60-80kmph, the FE could increase even more. But then, what is the fun in driving ?
Old 26th May 2006, 17:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
My Palio S10 has never given me more than 10 kmpl that also without a/c. I would say that 17.5 kmpl is certainly impossible.
Many people in PUG www.paliousersindia.net post more than 16 or 17 Kms highway mileage.

and I shall say it is not impossible..

Cheers,
Mahadev
Old 26th May 2006, 17:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

The Siena 1.2 that I owned till few days ago gave me around 17-18 mileage on highways. That was not under sensible driving.
Old 26th May 2006, 17:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I know that if I drive below 100kmph, I can increase the FE by atleast 1kmpl and if I drive between 60-80kmph, the FE could increase even more. But then, what is the fun in driving ?
True, but my car needs a run-in period to just maintain good engine life. I've to do a 100+ as I couldn't go onto Highway and also need to hear how the engine sounds like if I go above 100+. Even I heard that from a palio owner, > 120Kmph for a stretch of 1000 kms, he achieved 14Kmpl in Palio 1.6 GTX.

Cheers,
Mahadev
Old 26th May 2006, 17:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Mahadev, congrats on your yellow beauty.
Yes, I have achieved 17+ under conservative driving on the highways once on my 1.2. But that was when I was still running my car in. Once I realised the fun in revving, I have never managed to achieve anything like that
Happy motoring.
Old 26th May 2006, 17:09   #27

Quote:
Dude, S10 has a Diff Gear Box.. Gear Ratios are diff.. No other Palios enjoy the ride what S10 has.. So enjoy madi..
Old 26th May 2006, 17:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc
True, but my car needs a run-in period to just maintain good engine life. I've to do a 100+ as I couldn't go onto Highway and also need to hear how the engine sounds like if I go above 100+. Even I heard that from a palio owner, > 120Kmph for a stretch of 1000 kms, he achieved 14Kmpl in Palio 1.6 GTX.
True. I am sorry if I sounded like you were driving to stretch the FE. I knew that you were driving like that as you were still in the run-in period and that is the correct way of doing it. I was just telling Pioneer that it might still be possible to get that FE under certain driving conditions.
Old 26th May 2006, 17:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
please describe your experiences.
it is very strange to read about such a GOOD EXPERIENCE!
Oh I was driving sensibly like you did - mainly because it was night time and I was on a two lane highway in interior Maharashtra. Used Reliance petrol and got 16+ kmpl. That was in a car with 3 adults and a lot of luggage.

BTW, what is that red thing over the badge on your bonnet? Looks odd! The car though looks hot and that colour is simply amazing.
Old 26th May 2006, 17:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Mahadev,
Just because you got the tank filled in Reliance, you got 17.5kmpl. I also got 16kmpl (10% city 90% highway) in my petra 1.6( same engine).

But I never got more than 11kmpl in city and 13 kmpl on highways if I fill up my car on other Petrol bunks.

Anyway keep ejoying ...
GD
GreatDrive, please tell me quickly, which one would be the nearest Reliance Pump for me
And Mahadev, your car looks great . Congrats ... ENJOY..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks