Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2013, 10:57   #61
BHPian

Re: My new Maruti Swift Zxi

Update:

Got the engine oil changed to fully synthetic oil.
I supplied the engine oil (Shell Helix Ultra)

Cost Break up:
Engine oil cost : 4400 (for 4 litres of which 3.1 was used).
Maruti charges: 336 (oil filter, other liquid top ups).

The change to fully synthetic is really worth it. The drive feels a lot smoother now. I also feel there is a marginal increase in pick up in second gear. Is this expected or am I just imagining it?

The car still retains the shine from detailing by Mohsin. After the session, I have only used water less wash using UWW.
Old 13th May 2013, 19:06   #62
BHPian

Hi pradyblr! I was just wondering if you could tell me how much a paid service for the K-series costs... say a major service like 20000kms.
SlowRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 09:26   #63

Hi Pradyblr, your posts are making me relive my experience of getting the Swift from purchase to the first dent Very nicely written.

Couldn't agree with you more on what can be improved on the swift specially the noise from the stock tyres. Would love to learn about the Yoko's

Looking forward to more updates from you.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Also it is important to use punctuations for better reading.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th May 2013 at 11:54.
kashifkudalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 11:42   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Hi pradyblr! I was just wondering if you could tell me how much a paid service for the K-series costs... say a major service like 20000kms.
SlowRider: I have a long way to go before I hit the 20k mark
Refer to this thread for costs, what you should take care of etc.
Service Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashifkudalkar View Post
Hi Pradyblr, your posts are making me relive my experience of getting the Swift from purchase to the first dent Very nicely written.

Couldn't agree with you more on what can be improved on the swift specially the noise from the stock tyres. Would love to learn about the Yoko's

Looking forward to more updates from you.
Thank you Kashif. Will try my best to keep the thread updated.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:27   #65
ARG
BHPian

Fellow ZXIers!

Has anyone here come across a soft metallic 'thud' in the driver-seat when cornering? Sounds like it has something to do with the seat rails / seat mechanicals.
Does not happen all the time, but always does when one corners a wee bit aggressively.

Has anyone else got this? More importantly, what did you do about it?!

MUL being MUL, the SE in fact, cautioned me about not pulling anything apart until we were sure of what it is - for fear of ending up with more thuds and rattles once we let their mechanics pull anything apart!!

Thanks
RG
ARG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 07:35   #66
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post
Fellow ZXIers!

Has anyone here come across a soft metallic 'thud' in the driver-seat when cornering? Sounds like it has something to do with the seat rails / seat mechanicals.
Does not happen all the time, but always does when one corners a wee bit aggressively.

Has anyone else got this?
The noise you're talking about could be because of you setting your driver seat position to a comfortable one each time before you drive. I experience a similar noise each time I reset the position. The seat does not latch immediately into the link given below and makes a small noise and latches when it is driven over potholes aggressively or in your case while cornering. Try to find out if the noise continues coming after you have heard it once after reseting your seats position.
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 11:59   #67
ARG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
The noise you're talking about could be because of you setting your driver seat position to a comfortable one each time before you drive.
Thanks ZMG!

I'm pretty sure it's not the seat slotting into position, for
(1) I take a curvy road, and I can get the thud at each corner - all it needs is a wee bit aggression, and sometimes not even that!!
(2) the seat is "set" to my comfort position - don't change it that often, forget each time I get in!

Puzzling! Looks like I'll have to live with it - or risk releasing the Maruti rattle-spirits in my car, by getting the Service team to "investigate"!
Old 30th May 2013, 13:09   #68
BHPian

I had similar issue in my sx4.It was resolved by keeping the seat at lowest position. Whenever I use the seat height adjustment to increase the height it use to make the noise on hard cornering.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:33   #69
ARG
BHPian

Seat height adjust seems to have done it for me, too!!!

Thanks, in tons, go out to S5157!!!

um. So, MSIL is telling us, we can have a height adjust, but we have to live with the 'thud'?! Oh. Well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I had similar issue in my sx4.It was resolved by keeping the seat at lowest position. Whenever I use the seat height adjustment to increase the height it use to make the noise on hard cornering.
Old 6th June 2013, 14:25   #70

My ZXI is around 15 months old now. Have done my fair share of aggressive cornering but don't recall hearing any such noise.
Will be more alert and update if i hear anything
@ ARG - Do keep us posted.
kashifkudalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 06:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post
Fellow ZXIers!

I am getting a clicking sound from the driver' seat for the last one year or so in some corners. It is coming from the seat height adjust. I always keep the seat at the lowest position though. MASS didn't have any solution and I didn't want them to experiment on the car. Mine is a ZDi. 2 others Z variants had the issue as well.

Maybe I should write to MSIL.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 10:16   #72
ARG
BHPian

@kashifkudalkar : The soft 'thud' goes away when I set the seat to the lowest height setting. However, I still have the 'clicking' noise, that @deetjohn mentioned, even at the lowest height setting.

I'd also prefer not to let the MASS sleuths run wild in my car!

Though I know there's not much point in generalizing, I feel I must say this - I also deal with Toyota and Hyundai service folk, and though the Maruti team come across, as "customer-delight"-minded as the other two, Toyota and Hyundai folks somehow, inspire more confidence!
Old 16th June 2013, 17:57   #73
BHPian

Weekend Detailing

Sunday was free. Decided to do some detailing despite the threat of looming rains.

Process followed:

1) Dusting
2) Wash (Meguiars)
3) Skipped claying step as I did not feel the need for it.
4) Polish (Meguiars)
5) Sealant (UPGP)
6) Tyres and Alloy wheel cleaning (ArmorAll)

Pictures to tell the story. The 'wet look' UPGP gives is fantastic

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-after1.jpg

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-after2.jpg

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-after3.jpg

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-after4.jpg

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-after5.jpg

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-after6.jpg
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 08:40   #74
ARG
BHPian

Re: Weekend Detailing

THAT calls for a standing ovation!!

Though, to see your car THAT clean - the green-eyed monster is rearing its ugly head!!!

I'm sure there is some torque blue below all that brown, on my car. :(
- in Kerala for a while, and the monsoons are raging this part of the country - practically rained through the weekend, and most of the week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
Sunday was free. Decided to do some detailing despite the threat of looming rains....Pictures to tell the story. The 'wet look' UPGP gives is fantastic
ARG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 20:43   #75
BHPian

Babe ICEd

Had enough of the Stock speakers and got a nice ICE setup done.

Retained the stock HU.

Focal co-axials for rear.

Focal components for front.

Mojo amp

Rockford subwoofer.

Now I have audio in the car
pradyblr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks