Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 23:51   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Where can I get these mats in mumbai
At, Car Point - Opera House
30, Vell Bell View, Behind Panchratna, Avnatikabai Gokhale Street, Opera House, Mumbai 400004.
022 - 23824951, 23885005.

Bought 3D Kagu Mats for Vento from there. He is the distributor, so you will get the best price.
Old 24th March 2013, 01:43   #257
BHPian

Hey guys,

I also have a 2011 Jetta Highline DSG. However, I got my car completely modified(Performance and visual mods both). I have gotten the following modifications:
  1. ECU Remap upto 200 HP
  2. Bilstein B6 Suspension
  3. H&R Lowering springs
  4. Downpipe Catback Custom Exhaust(stainless steel)
  5. Tar.Ox Slotted and ventilated rotors and Brake pads
  6. Momo Sentry 18" Carbon Black Rims
  7. Dunlop Direzza DZ101 235/40 Tires
  8. Black Roof & Orvms
  9. Chrome on front grill painted in Glossy Red
  10. VW logo on the front and back painted in black with red backing
  11. Matte red pinstripe on the ORVMS
  12. Glossy black pinstripe on the "Tornado" Line on the side of the car
  13. Glossy Black Lip Spoiler
  14. Tint wrap on tail lights

Hope you like the modifications, feel free to respond and comment on the car I also would like to know what more would look good on the car and how to make the car go faster or handle better.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-25.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-135150_10152634202165392_2119742149_o.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-882406_499252810131322_568465234_o.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-885149_499252856797984_1298031175_o.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-893185_499252933464643_1548448348_o.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-902252_499252166798053_932676055_o.jpg  

krazydriver84 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 10:01   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Hey guys,

I also have a 2011 Jetta Highline DSG. However, I got my car completely modified(Performance and visual mods both). I have gotten the following modifications:

Hope you like the modifications, feel free to respond and comment on the car I also would like to know what more would look good on the car and how to make the car go faster or handle better.

Thanks
Car looks stunning. Did you get the drivers door painted afterwards? The colour does not seem to match the rest of the body.
Old 24th March 2013, 11:18   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks
Gosh, that's some car! Might have cost you a bomb! And you might have some pretty nerves of steel to do those on a VW car! Sure the warranty might have flown out of the windows?

BTW, how does the DSG cope with all that output?

Way to go! Hope I'll get the courage someday to do something similar on my Laura or my Jetta!
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 12:38   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Car looks stunning. Did you get the drivers door painted afterwards? The colour does not seem to match the rest of the body.
No i did not.. Its weird, it must be the editing by the photographer on the track.
Old 24th March 2013, 12:44   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Gosh, that's some car! Might have cost you a bomb! And you might have some pretty nerves of steel to do those on a VW car! Sure the warranty might have flown out of the windows?

BTW, how does the DSG cope with all that output?

Way to go! Hope I'll get the courage someday to do something similar on my Laura or my Jetta!
Thank you .. Not sure about the warranty though, I havent had anything fixed on it since the modifications. Shouldnt be a problem though, the owner of the dealership is a friend.
As you know the DSG can be annoying at times because of the torque reduction program it has inbuilt, but most of the times, it works like a dream. The car has become a dream to drive now, 0-100 in around 7 seconds and it is INCREDIBLY tail happy now, for a FWD car.. it means that the rear is super stiff.

Next mods being thought about include a traction control button and front and rear sway bars to reduce chassis flex
krazydriver84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 13:03   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Sorry i forgot to put the pics with the black wing mirrors.
I also got an eyebrow type effect done on the headlights, Its subtle and not very "in your face". The tint starts from the grill and flows to meet the pinstripe on the side.
Also, the chrome under the windowsill has been wrapped in Carbon Fiber to remove most of the chrome from the car. The only chrome thing left is the Air dam surround.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-img_3562.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-img_3565.jpg  

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-img_3561.jpg  

krazydriver84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 13:49   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

The alloys look sweet and makes the car hot and is adding character. That is some mod on the car. The track photos are good too.

Thanks for sharing,
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 19:27   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome looking car. Absolutely love each and every mod that you have carried out. I have always been a fan of such subtle mods rather than those "loud, in your face" kind of changes. The alloys made me drool. Congratulations on the commendable job of converting a rather "clean straight lines" jetta to a "sports car".

How about doing something on the sides too. They look a little plain right now w.r.t. the rest of the car.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 23:48   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Awesome looking car. Absolutely love each and every mod that you have carried out. I have always been a fan of such subtle mods rather than those "loud, in your face" kind of changes. The alloys made me drool. Congratulations on the commendable job of converting a rather "clean straight lines" jetta to a "sports car".

How about doing something on the sides too. They look a little plain right now w.r.t. the rest of the car.
Thanks Mohit That was my view from the starting, a sleeper, which is not much to look at but can blow your pants off at a race.
You know what? The sleeper look is mainly due to the clean look of the side,
if I put a decal or any other visual modification on the side, It'll become a boy racer's riced car. A rice car is all show and no go, and this is a go car.
You may also have noticed that the exhaust is not a perfect fit at the moment.
This will be fixed soon, I have already ordered Remus' Twin Titanium exhaust tips. But the down side is that they will take about a month go come. Till then, these stainless steel tips will have to do I'm afraid.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:43   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The alloys look sweet and makes the car hot and is adding character. That is some mod on the car. The track photos are good too.

Thanks for sharing,
Thanks These are the first MOMO Sentry rims in India. Actually there is a good story behind these rims, I was going to go for matte grey MOMO Quantum rims(18") But I dont know what happened one night I got up in the middle of the night and started to search again and came up with these rims. This is the night before I was going to go to order the rims :P Its just impulse that I got these
Old 25th March 2013, 18:18   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Where can I get these mats in mumbai
I bought them for 6K inclusive of everything from Ultimate Detailerz, Bangalore, didnt take long to get it shipped to my place in Mumbai. You just have to deposit money in their account and they will ship it out.
Old 25th March 2013, 18:25   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

1. ECU Remap upto 200 HP
  2. Bilstein B6 Suspension
  3. H&R Lowering springs
  4. Downpipe Catback Custom Exhaust(stainless steel)
  5. Tar.Ox Slotted and ventilated rotors and Brake pads
  6. Momo Sentry 18" Carbon Black Rims
  7. Dunlop Direzza DZ101 235/40 Tires
  8. Black Roof & Orvms
  9. Chrome on front grill painted in Glossy Red
  10. VW logo on the front and back painted in black with red backing
  11. Matte red pinstripe on the ORVMS
  12. Glossy black pinstripe on the "Tornado" Line on the side of the car
  13. Glossy Black Lip Spoiler
  14. Tint wrap on tail lights

Thanks
Hi krazydriver84, wow for the amount of mods done! My jetta has done about 9.5k in 7 months and I have already started thinking of a re-map. It would be nice of you to upload the prices alongside the mod list

Also, try installing the white led drls, they go for just 500 odd rs, takes about a month to deliver but its very much worth the 500rs. Kudos!
Old 25th March 2013, 19:52   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post

Hi krazydriver84, wow for the amount of mods done! My jetta has done about 9.5k in 7 months and I have already started thinking of a re-map. It would be nice of you to upload the prices alongside the mod list

Also, try installing the white led drls, they go for just 500 odd rs, takes about a month to deliver but its very much worth the 500rs. Kudos!
Yup already talked to my modifier about them, his electrician is currently unavailable and I havent had alot of time on my hands to do all this.
My Jetta has done around 19k Kms, purchased it in august 2011. I would not recommend a simple remap because the TDI engine gains alot of power and the turbo boost comes in at 1500 rpm instead of 1800, Ive driven my car when it was on stock tires and was remapped and had the suspension changes, It span its wheels when the car shifted from 2nd to 3rd. My recommendation would be that if you are going in for a remap, go for better rubber as well becuase the Eagle NCTs are not upto the amount of power the engine can deliver. Also, get stiffer dampers :P stock jetta dampers are extremely soft and jiggle about on a bump
Old 25th March 2013, 23:19   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post

I wont like to actually disclose the price of items but the total cost comes around 20-25% of the total car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks