Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 12:12   #151
BHPian

re: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold

Hello anurag,long time later am back. Advanced congratulations for your Swift and glad to see you've completed you 1L KMS in such a short time. Kudos must be given to the kind of upkeep your ritz got and the swift will get. Don't know what the ritz will fetch for resale but whatever happens do update it here. Would love to know what you got for what in many people's eye is a high mileage and in ours just about reaching middle age.

O.T. : Goldie has been running just beautifully after the clutch change last december and has been even more frugal in these times of price rise in petrol by day and night. Wish to retain him even if at some point of time another vehicle joins the family.

Cheers,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 12:42   #152
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Anurag for completing 1L km in such a short time. You have maintained your car very well. Did you crunch more miles in city or highway?

Advanced congratulations for your new Swift. Wish you many more happy miles in your Swift too. We expect you to break your Ritz's record with your new Swift.

My friends have branded me as crazy for touching 60K km in 2.2 years in my i20. But now I can show your thread so that I won't be the laughing stock in future They fail to understand the driving DNA in us.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 14:57   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Don't know what the ritz will fetch for resale but whatever happens do update it here.

O.T. : Goldie has been running just beautifully
Thanks you Subra. Will update step by step as I get an update.

I am expecting 3.5L+ take for my Ritz. Will be giving it off at true value and will pick the Swift ZDi.

Happy for your Goldie. Why don't you start a ownership report for the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Did you crunch more miles in city or highway?
Thank you buddy. It was 40:60 respectively (city:highway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My friends have branded me as crazy for touching 60K km in 2.2 years in my i20. But now I can show your thread so that I won't be the laughing stock in future. They fail to understand the driving DNA in us.
We all Live To Drive and justify that sticker that we sport on our cars. Will wait for comments from your friends.

Anurag.
Old 14th September 2013, 15:39   #154
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Anurag. That is quite a lot of miles in such a short time. All the best for the new swift.

Did you consider the i20? Feature-wise it has a lot more than the swift at almost the same price range.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 15:58   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
An Update after a little long time.

I am glad to announce that my Ritz has completed 1 Lakh kms today. It has been a total of 2 years and 9 months to reach this milestone.

Kudos Anurag for reaching the 1 lakh kms.Thats a serious mile crunching you had done so far.. No doubt it does proves the reliability of Multijet Diesel Engine in the longer run.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th September 2013 at 16:07. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability for our mobile users.
alexpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 17:10   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congratulations Anurag. That is quite a lot of miles in such a short time. All the best for the new swift.

Did you consider the i20? Feature-wise it has a lot more than the swift at almost the same price range.
Thank you Aditya.

I did consider the i20 but dad dropped it due to higher maintenance costs, service costs I mean.

I love the Swift for the car it is. It's more connected with the driver. More feel for the driver. It's the best drivers hatch with best ASC. Best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post

Kudos Anurag for reaching the 1 lakh kms.Thats a serious mile crunching you had done so far.. No doubt it does proves the reliability of Multijet Diesel Engine in the longer run.
Thanks you Alex. The 1.3 DDIS is the best small car engine that India had ever got. Thanks to the development by GM+Fiat.

Beautiful state of tune this engine had compared to others. Powerful and same time efficient. The very reason I chose the Swift ZDi here.

Anurag.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:40   #157
BANNED

UPDATE (A Small one)

The Swift ZDi purchase has been postponed to early next year fue to sudden restrictions in purchase so the wait begins

Tomorrow shall be giving the Ritz for 1 lakh service.

What all are the things I should look into and point out specifically to the ASC guys?!

No problems I am facing other than right side High beam bulb fused. I am pretty happy with the car and just felling happy that 1L kms on the odometer and the engine feels normal and new.

Wanting to see the status of the clutch. May be it would be changed this time. Is it OK if I prolong the clutch if it has life left in it?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 20:53   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow shall be giving the Ritz for 1 lakh service.

What all are the things I should look into and point out specifically to the ASC guys?!

Wanting to see the status of the clutch. May be it would be changed this time. Is it OK if I prolong the clutch if it has life left in it?

Anurag.
Apart from the stuff mentioned in the manual, some special attention to be given to:

1. Rear brake linings. Normally last ~100,000 or more if you are a highway user.
2. Accessory rubber serpentine belts. I don't remember whether you have replaced these in the earlier services, but if not, replace even if they do not show any signs of age. Make sure if replaced, the belt is tightened adequately. I think it is mentioned in the owner's manual how much tightening is necessary. It has to be perfect, not too tight and not too loose.
3. Inspect the fuel lines, just as a preventive measure.
4. Clutch --> do not replace. It is un-necessary with your kind of usage. I have cars in my home which have done >200k kms before the clutch was changed and that too because of lapse on my part since the clutch was still fine. If you are happy with your clutch, then don't change it. Clutches are designed to last for the car's life cycle ideally.
5. Rust inspection. I know that you don't live in a humid and sea-facing area, but it is still a good thing to do a thorough check up.
6. A nice detailing would be a good gift to your baby

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 21:36   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post

Apart from the stuff mentioned in the manual, some special attention to be given to:

1. Rear brake linings. Normally last ~100,000 or more if you are a highway user.

2. Accessory rubber serpentine belts

3. Inspect the fuel lines, just as a preventive measure.

4. Clutch

5. Rust inspection.

6. A nice detailing would be a good gift to your baby
Done. Apart from your suggestions. Will get the suspension re-torque'ed too.

Will go to a 3M here in hyderabad for detailing.

Anurag.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:57   #160
Senior - BHPian

@a4Anurag---sorry to know about the delay in the new car's procurement. Anyways, you still have a gem of a car, so no worries.

I guess you've beaten all records on this forum with the kind of miles you've crunched in such a short period. Wish you many more.

BTW, isn't there a timing belt change at 1 lakh kms?
Old 17th September 2013, 23:14   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@a4Anurag---sorry to know about the delay in the new car's procurement. Anyways, you still have a gem of a car, so no worries.

I guess you've beaten all records on this forum with the kind of miles you've crunched in such a short period. Wish you many more.

BTW, isn't there a timing belt change at 1 lakh kms?
Thank you Venu Sir.

There is a timing belt change in this service. Apart from the regular changes.

Searched the forum for any Ritz owner who has done 1 Lakh but not found any. Wanted to get a hand of the service bill and work that is done for this service.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th September 2013 at 23:23.
Old 19th September 2013, 01:31   #162
BANNED

Mileage Update:

I just calculated the mileage figures for three consecutive full tank basis. Was curious to see as the car crossed 1 Lakh kms.

Full Tank-Full Tank 1

Kms run: 896 kms
Fuel filled: 36.78 litres
Mileage: 24.36 kmpl

Full Tank-Full Tank 2

Kms run: 901 kms
Fuel filled: 37.23 litres
Mileage: 24.20 kmpl

Full Tank-Full Tank 3

Kms run: 878 kms
Fuel filled: 37.20 litres
Mileage: 23.60 kmpl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very happy with the car and will be updating tomorrow with the 1 Lakh kms service bill. The printer at MASS (Sai Service) was not working so don't have the bill to update.

Fired the SA for sticking un-necessary stickers on the car. Like Diesel fuel sticker on the fuel filler lid and 'Sai Service' sticker above Maruti Suzuki badge.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 09:59   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage Update:

I just calculated the mileage figures for three consecutive full tank basis. Was curious to see as the car crossed 1 Lakh kms.

Full Tank-Full Tank 2
Kms run: 901 kms
Fuel filled: 37.23 litres
Mileage: 24.20 kmpl

901 kms on a full tank diesel . Probably you have been driving sedately of late I guess.
Is there any booster vitamin dose that you are giving to your car

I could stretch till 700 kms before the last fuel bar starts blinking {based on full tank to tank.} My driving conditions : 30% city , 60% highway, 10% broken roads. I normally drive in the speed range of 80-100kms on highway but do a quick spirited driving in city whenever I get opportunity to speed up.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:37   #164
Senior - BHPian

The best I could go was 795 to a tank before I chickened out and filled up. Anurag, how many kilometers did you travel once the bar started blinking. The Max I have gone is 40 kms.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:36   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post

901 kms on a full tank diesel . Probably you have been driving sedately of late I guess. Is there any booster vitamin dose that you are giving to your car.
I use the car single 97% of the time and I don't cross 100 kmph. I keep the car in between 80-90 kmph. The best and peaceful speed for our roads. Low usage of clutch and constant speed maintaining where possible. Tyre pressures are maintained every week (F=38; R=35).

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The best I could go was 795 to a tank before I chickened out and filled up. Anurag, how many kilometers did you travel once the bar started blinking. The Max I have gone is 40 kms.
The maximum I have gone 31 kms post the blinking started. Never ran dry though.

Note: A question to all: Is it possible to tune the ECU in such a way for efficiency mainly? I am asking this because, after seeing this mileage I asked my SA and he said that we have tuned your car for mileage since you use travel long. I haven't taken this point but want to confirm.

Anurag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks