Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:41   #136
BHPian

re: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold

Hi Anurag, I have a Ritz Diesel too! It's currently at 16K mark. Could you please let me know the approximate service charges (including consumables) that I should expect during a 20K service. I was given a ball park figure of 11K at a service centre in Chennai. Is that right?
Old 2nd August 2013, 20:12   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Could you please let me know the approximate service charges (including consumables) that I should expect during a 20K service. I was given a ball park figure of 11K at a service centre in Chennai. Is that right?
The figure quoted is slightly high. You should expect things to be between 8-9K. Worst case is 10K if your having any issue. As my bill was with synthetic oil I git a total of Rs 9458/-.

I recommend to shift to fully synthetic engine oil if your not on it. It gives more of a smoother feel and less stressful.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:18   #138
BANNED

An Update after a little long time.

I am glad to announce that my Ritz has completed 1 Lakh kms today. It has been a total of 2 years and 9 months to reach this milestone.

I am on Cloud 9 whenever I see that picture and the odometer. Attaching the pictures of the odometer.

This is at 99, 999 kms. Looks beautiful at this number.

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20130912_152456.jpg

Here it is the MAGICAL MILESTONE 1 L kms:

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20130912_153005.jpg

Regarding the car at 1,00,000 kms I feel that it has aged well and I still find it to be smooth like a new and properly run-in car. Mileage figures (Full tank method) are 23.8, 25.1 kmpl (this one is the latest).

No niggles other than minor rattles from the cars front passenger seat otherwise the car is silent all is well. Two times the headlights (Only High Beam) have blown (First time, left side and now the right side). The car is stock as from factory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT:

Thinking whether to get it serviced for 1,00,000 kms or no as I am selling it off and going for a Torque Blue Swift ZDi. Will update the thread accordingly soon.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th September 2013 at 17:22.
a4anurag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:29   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
OT:

Thinking whether to get it serviced for 1,00,000 kms or no as I am selling it off and going for a Torque Blue Swift ZDi. Will update the thread accordingly soon.

Anurag.
Congratulations Anurag on reaching that 100k milestone on the Tallboy. I am sure Ritz is one of those underrated (so called bad looking) cars from the Maruti stable that ticks most of the boxes for our requirements.

I am also sure that despite of the ODO reading, you would've had a nigglefree ownership till date. Hence wondering, why selling this off ? Is the ODO reading obligating your decision?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:30   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Anurag, If Iam not wrong you could the fastest if not one of the fastest BHPian to reach this magical milestone in such a short period of time.

Anyone has done this figure in less than 2 years and 9 months? Please step forward

Iam sure your must be looking forward to crunching similar miles in your new car which is around the corner.

Cheers again !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:39   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congratulations Anurag on reaching that 100k milestone on the Tallboy. I am sure Ritz is one of those underrated (so called bad looking) cars from the Maruti stable that ticks most of the boxes for our requirements.
I feel the Ritz is a very practical car without any fuss and style in it. Does it's job silently and for what it has been made for. Pure mile cruncher without damage to the pocket. I recommend this car to all who can bear with the rear design. This design issue has never bothered me because I would be sitting on the drivers seat 99% of the time.

Quote:
I am also sure that despite of the ODO reading, you would've had a nigglefree ownership till date. Hence wondering, why selling this off ? Is the ODO reading obligating your decision?
No niggles whatsoever. Only a tyre change at 61K kms and regular things like oil + filter change as per manufacturer's recommendation, rake pads twice changed.

Changing the car is my dad's decision as he doesn't want to keep a car long. Resale will fall and not many takers with such high mileage. I didn't want to talk much since I was getting the Swift ZDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anyone has done this figure in less than 2 years and 9 months? Please step forward
Parag Sachania, Please step forward.

Quote:
I am sure your must be looking forward to
crunching similar miles in your new car which is around the corner.
Thanks Avi. You also start driving long and I am sure you'll too reach this figure like mine.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th September 2013 at 17:40.
Old 12th September 2013, 17:51   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Anurag, If Iam not wrong you could the fastest if not one of the fastest BHPian to reach this magical milestone in such a short period of time.

Iam sure your must be looking forward to crunching similar miles in your new car which is around the corner.

Cheers again !!
Well, my WagonR 2006 (March) reached 100000 Oct 2009 - That's 3.5 Years.
It then reached the 200000 mark in May 2013 which was in the next 3.5 Years.

Over May and Sept 1st week this year, its added another 10,000 with the ODO now at 2,10,500 kms.

Of course, this is not as fast as what Anurag has been able to manage the 100k mark.

OT: I tailed your "White Annihilator" in my WagonR and even flashed lights in Calangute area on Aug 17th and you vanished somewhere into some lane around 11am

Quote:
Parag Sachania, Please step forward.
Still not as fast as you mate. As you can read above, I was 7 months slower than you

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th September 2013 at 17:53.
Old 12th September 2013, 18:07   #143
BANNED

Quote:
OT: I tailed your "White Annihilator" in my WagonR and even flashed lights in Calangute area on Aug 17th and you vanished somewhere into some lane around 11am
I bet, you can NEVER catch or see the WA. It is never driving on roads, it flies low. We all keep trying here in Hyderabad but never get to catch the WA.

Quote:
Still not as fast as you mate. As you can read above, I was 7 months slower than you

Congrats for the 210K kms on your WagonR too.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th September 2013 at 18:08.
Old 13th September 2013, 10:11   #144
BHPian

Quote:
An Update after a little long time.
I am glad to announce that my Ritz has completed 1 Lakh kms today. It has been a total of 2 years and 9 months to reach this milestone.
Anurag.
Congratulations on reaching the magic number , that too in 2 yrs 9 months which averages about 101 km per day. So you covered majority of this mileage during your daily commute or long highway drives ? And are you still running on stock clutch plates ?

Quote:
Well, my WagonR 2006 (March) reached 100000 Oct 2009 - That's 3.5 Years.
It then reached the 200000 mark in May 2013 which was in the next 3.5 Years.

Over May and Sept 1st week this year, its added another 10,000 with the ODO now at 2,10,500 kms.

Of course, this is not as fast as what Anurag has been able to manage the 100k mark.

To my knowledge, Anurag is still the fastest to reach the milestone on t-bhp (correct me if i'm wrong). At 86,150km in 2 yrs 6 months, I may not be able to beat Anurag's time, but would like to better Parag's time of 3.5 years to hit la lakh kms. Fingers crossed
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 10:22   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
To my knowledge, Anurag is still the fastest to reach the milestone on t-bhp (correct me if i'm wrong). At 86,150km in 2 yrs 6 months, I may not be able to beat Anurag's time, but would like to better Parag's time of 3.5 years to hit la lakh kms. Fingers crossed
Here's a Punto for you Rohit that should boost your confidence on doing it faster

2nd FEB 2010 - Purchase Date

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-counting.html

NOV 2011 - 100000 Kms

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2598972

So this could probably be the fastest on Team-Bhp with the 1st 100k coming in 21 months!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 10:32   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! I missed meeting you in Goa then...Iam dont pay too much attention to this light flashing signals to greet BHPians, I prefer a more humane signal like a flash or a hand wave

Btw, 210K kms on a Wagon R is no less feat. Congrats

Quote:
Here's a Punto for you Rohit that should boost your confidence on doing it faster So this could probably be the fastest on Team-Bhp with the 1st 100k coming in 21 months!
Whoa, that must surely must have broken Anurag's heart. Dont worry Anurag a silver medal isnt such a bad deal

Besides, now you have a point to prove in your new swift. 100K kms in 20 months

Quote:
I bet, you can NEVER catch or see the WA. It is never driving on roads, it flies low. We all keep trying here in Hyderabad but never get to catch the WA.
Thanks for such nice words. It's just that WA is too fast nothing to do with me. Iam myself trying to catch up with her
Old 13th September 2013, 10:46   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
IIRC, the 1 lakh km service will involve changing the timing chain. If so, expect a 15k-20k bill.
Old 13th September 2013, 12:52   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
So you covered majority of this mileage during your daily commute or long highway drives ? And are you still running on stock clutch plates ?
The mileage achieved is only Home to work and work to home. Long drives for me are Team-BHP Drive Meet's (that are decreasing)

I am still on stock clutch plates.

Quote:
So this could probably be the fastest on Team-Bhp with the 1st 100k coming in 21 months!
Now that is called some hardcore driving.

Quote:
Besides, now you have a point to prove in your new swift. 100K kms in 20 months
Good point Avi. Yes I shall try to aim for the target this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
IIRC, the 1 lakh km service will involve changing the timing chain. If so, expect a 15k-20k bill.
Yes buddy that is why I thinking what to do. If the new stocks arrive at Maruti then it is sell with one hand and buy with the other.

Anurag.
Old 13th September 2013, 13:12   #149
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Anurag. Once for the 100,000 kms mark and another for the swift zdi!

You could service her at 100,000 before sale, or inform the person that the you are selling to that the 100,000 service needs to be done. If you are selling to a relative or a friend, please complete the service, or else do regular service of the car and inform the buyer to change the timing belt at the next service or at 120k. The change of the timing chain is important to keep the car going strong.

PS: When are you taking delivery of the swift?
Old 13th September 2013, 14:41   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congratulations, Anurag. Once for the 100,000 kms mark and another for the swift zdi!

PS: When are you taking delivery of the swift?
Thanks Govigov!

I am waiting for fresh stocks for the Swift ZDi (Torque Blue).

The delivery will be completed by this month end (Maximum)

Anurag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed