Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:03   #91
BHPian

re: My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 1,05,000km done EDIT: SOLD

@Moralfibre: It is a great response from MSIL. Seems they are certainly working on the breaking issues received from customers.
Please keep us posted on the latest developments.
Old 24th January 2012, 20:39   #92
Team-BHP Support

The car went for its 3rd Free service on 14Jan'11. I am not really sure how Jap car owners manage to keep their ownership threads alive. I have had a flawless car which performs as it should without any hiccups. I am trying to convince myself to not talk about the pathetic brakes on the car. It was a routine service that included an oil and oil filter change. The car feels much smoother after the service. The mech who worked on my car left the -ve terminal disconnected causing the MID to reset. The total service cost came to Rs. 1151/-

The new FE on display is 20.3 km/l. This is mostly city driving with AC on. I have been maintaining an expense sheet for the Swift that is attached with this post. Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Swift_Log_Book_22Jan11.xlsx (11.5 KB, 804 views)
Old 25th January 2012, 10:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The new FE on display is 20.3 km/l. This is mostly city driving with AC on. I have been maintaining an expense sheet for the Swift that is attached with this post. Hope that helps.
Man that is an amazing compilation. I don't even keep track of how much fuel I have filled last time. You have a lot of patience.

Costs around 3/km that is very reasonable. My bullet used to cost way more than that to maintain
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 11:18   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Man that is an amazing compilation. I don't even keep track of how much fuel I have filled last time. You have a lot of patience.
Costs around 3/km that is very reasonable. My bullet used to cost way more than that to maintain
Thank you for the kind words. I had first tried this on my Palio but then I stopped due to the difficulty in maintaining a diary. Also, I didn't have a good smartphone + app combination back then. I use a simple iPhone app called "CarLog". Just punch in numbers while the attendant takes my card for payment. The FE figures are as close to real as they can be because, I make sure to fill fuel to the brim even after auto cutoff engages.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
The car went for its 3rd Free service on 14Jan'11. I am not really sure how Jap car owners manage to keep their ownership threads alive. I have had a flawless car which performs as it should without any hiccups. I am trying to convince myself to not talk about the pathetic brakes on the car. It was a routine service that included an oil and oil filter change. The car feels much smoother after the service. The mech who worked on my car left the -ve terminal disconnected causing the MID to reset. The total service cost came to Rs. 1151/-

Guys 20 kmpl in city is impossible. what is your daily drive like ? I mean route.

Last edited by F150 : 25th January 2012 at 11:54.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how I missed out on this review. Very very well written and totally unbiased Did the Maruti guys contact you and arrive at any conclusion? Also, is this brakes issue only related to L and V models?

Also, try the iPhone application called Road Trip.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:03   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Guys 20 kmpl in city is impossible. what is your daily drive like ? I mean route.
20.3 kmpl is displayed on the MID. Not something that I calculated. I did get 20kmpl on the highway on a sedate return trip from Goa without crossing 110 kmph.

My daily drive to work is 16kms from Bavdhan to Yerwada at between 07:00 am to 08:00 am. The route is Bavdhan - Pashan circle - University Chowk - Agriculture college junction - Turn left to Wakdewadi - Pass by PMT Depot - Use underpass and turn right towards Shoppers Stop - Take a left for Sangamwadi - Turn right at Sadal baba chowk - Turn left for Don Bosco Road.

Return drive is about 16.5 kms from Don Bosco Road - Bombay Sappers - Khadki Cantonment - Cross Wakdewadi junction - Enter Range hills - Cross Bhosale Nagar - Turn right for University junction - And left onto Pashan Road. Time? 05:00 pm to 06:00 pm.

Most of these times, traffic is moderate. The real FE v/s MID is a difference of 2-2.5 km/l. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I dont know how I missed out on this review. Very very well written and totally unbiased Did the Maruti guys contact you and arrive at any conclusion? Also, is this brakes issue only related to L and V models?
Also, try the iPhone application called Road Trip.
Nope, they have chosen to ignore me as well as my email to them for feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that app.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:16   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

20.3 kmpl is displayed on the MID. Not something that I calculated. I did get 20kmpl on the highway on a sedate return trip from Goa without crossing 110 kmph.

My daily drive to work is 16kms from Bavdhan to Yerwada at between 07:00 am to 08:00 am. The route is Bavdhan - Pashan circle - University Chowk - Agriculture college junction - Turn left to Wakdewadi - Pass by PMT Depot - Use underpass and turn right towards Shoppers Stop - Take a left for Sangamwadi - Turn right at Sadal baba chowk - Turn left for Don Bosco Road.

Return drive is about 16.5 kms from Don Bosco Road - Bombay Sappers - Khadki Cantonment - Cross Wakdewadi junction - Enter Range hills - Cross Bhosale Nagar - Turn right for University junction - And left onto Pashan Road. Time? 05:00 pm to 06:00 pm.

Most of these times, traffic is moderate. The real FE v/s MID is a difference of 2-2.5 km/l. Hope that helps.

Nope, they have chosen to ignore me as well as my email to them for feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that app.
20Kmpl is possible on the highway,I too got this on my swift, I was cruising at 120 - 130kmph. NH4 till bangalore. Measured using tank full to tank full method. I am surprised when you said 20 in city.

This now makes sense. You are driving in almost zero traffic in the morning and coming back in moderate traffic. Luck you. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:20   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words. I had first tried this on my Palio but then I stopped due to the difficulty in maintaining a diary. Also, I didn't have a good smartphone + app combination back then. I use a simple iPhone app called "CarLog". Just punch in numbers while the attendant takes my card for payment. The FE figures are as close to real as they can be because, I make sure to fill fuel to the brim even after auto cutoff engages.
Kiran - Please can you advise on the tyre pressure during 350km + highway drives fully laden.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:23   #100
Senior - BHPian

Of course the times help but there is more to it. I think its also because moralfibre's choice of route would ask for very few gear changes and braking.

Apart from that, avoiding unnecessary acceleration (and braking) helps. Check mdsaab's thread for more details!

Edit: kyun Sid, bharosa nahi hai kya?
Old 25th January 2012, 12:30   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Kiran - Please can you advise on the tyre pressure during 350km + highway drives fully laden.
I had 185/70/R14 tyres and I maintain 32psi in the front tyres and 30psi in the rear. This was when I was using the car on full load, 3 adults and 2 kids with a boot full of luggage. Felt very comfortable without a bumpy ride over bad roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Of course the times help but there is more to it. I think its also because moralfibre's choice of route would ask for very few gear changes and braking.

Apart from that, avoiding unnecessary acceleration (and braking) helps. Check mdsaab's thread for more details!
Edit: kyun Sid, bharosa nahi hai kya?
More than the route, it would be my choice of work timings that help. I hate to drive in traffic, if I stay back in office for an extra hour, I try to extend it past 8:00 pm for reduced traffic. Early mornings are best times to drive to work.

If I wake up too early, I manage to reach work at 6:00 and leave by 4:00pm many a times.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 17:52   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Kiran, just a simple division of total km covered (last odo reading) by the total fuel your car has drunk since you bought (assuming the dealer must have left it at near-empty) shows that you have a mileage overall of 16.4 kmpl. Simply astounding!

That's a 23% error more or less from your MID reading. Which is fine I guess. The Vento gives about 10-15% error. Guderian's Fortuner actually reports almost exact FE on the MID, which is amazing.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 18:53   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Kiran, just a simple division of total km covered (last odo reading) by the total fuel your car has drunk since you bought (assuming the dealer must have left it at near-empty) shows that you have a mileage overall of 16.4 kmpl. Simply astounding!

That's a 23% error more or less from your MID reading. Which is fine I guess. The Vento gives about 10-15% error. Guderian's Fortuner actually reports almost exact FE on the MID, which is amazing.
The MID used to display 18.3 km/l before it went for the 3rd free service. The 20.1 km/l (latest) showed up after the MID was reset due to a prolonged battery disconnect at the service station. I'm guessing the FE has gone up now and the average FE will go up gradually as well.
Old 27th January 2012, 13:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MID was reset due to a prolonged battery disconnect at the service station.
Why was the battery disconnected during service, any specific work done on the car ?
Old 29th January 2012, 00:12   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The MID used to display 18.3 km/l before it went for the 3rd free service. The 20.1 km/l (latest) showed up after the MID was reset due to a prolonged battery disconnect at the service station. I'm guessing the FE has gone up now and the average FE will go up gradually as well.
Hmm, why don't you reset the FE meter. I do it after every top-up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks